• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mahalak

Mahalak on the move

Last challenge was pretty successful, so I'm making some adjustments. My last six weeks have been unlike any other I can remember experiencing (in-between jobs), but I'm hopeful - not anxious - that that will change soon. If so, hopefully these are things I can keep up with.

Core and Stretching - two  times a week
Prayer and Scripture - daily

Cardio -  50K/180 minutes per week
E-Diet - 15 minute limit post-wake-up

Smoothie - 4 time per week

giphy.gif

• Like 2

New experience for me. Was at the gym, doing my thing, when some guy waves to get my attention through my earbuds. Turns out he needs a spotter. No one has ever asked me that before, and while I was in a flow, I thought how I'd hope someone would help me if I asked. So I did.

Moments later he comes by again. Turns out he didn't have the proper weight on the bar. Could I spot him again? By my prior logic, how could I say no?

Finally I get under my bar. Turns out he interrupted me before I had the proper weight on the bar! No good deed goes unpunished.

• Like 3

welcome back

I think it should be taken as a good sign that people think you can spot them. Take it as a compliment and I think you did great helping him. You never know if you will need the help one day. Hopefully next time he can wait while you get your bar set up first.

• Like 3

New experience for me. Was at the gym, doing my thing, when some guy waves to get my attention through my earbuds. Turns out he needs a spotter. No one has ever asked me that before, and while I was in a flow, I thought how I'd hope someone would help me if I asked. So I did.

Moments later he comes by again. Turns out he didn't have the proper weight on the bar. Could I spot him again? By my prior logic, how could I say no?

Finally I get under my bar. Turns out he interrupted me before I had the proper weight on the bar! No good deed goes unpunished.
I am not sure I fully understood what happened (so much gym lingo :sweat_smile:) yet it made me smile!
Go you!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I go to Planet Fitness because that's what I can afford, so when I got a 3 day pass for a high end gym I thought I'd try it out. Some nice things to be sure (sauna!), but locker rooms can be just as tricky as PF. I'm glad to be able to try free weights, as I usually use dumbbells or - gasp - the smith machine. Definitely different. But given my goals, I don't know if it is so different as to be worth 8x what I currently pay. If I keep going 3 times a week, and that encourages me to do core work twice a week and cardio at least four times a week, and the weight gradually goes up...maybe that is all I need to be a bit more fit today than I was yesterday.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:50 PM, Mahalak said:

...maybe that is all I need to be a bit more fit today than I was yesterday.

This is the mindset to have. Sometimes it is just proving you did a bit more than yesterday. Even if it is one more rep, 1 more minute on the treadmill, its something.

• Thanks 1