• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TiffanyD

Tiffany D - Consistency is Key - Volume 2 of However Many it Freaking Takes...

So I am going over the things that I want to improve upon this year, and it seems I can't just stick with something -_- which is what I really need to improve but I am going to take a new approach and just focus on small fixes.

Things I want to improve:

1. Overall Fitness and Health

2. My ability to be ladylike

3. My savings and budget

4. My organization/home

This challenge I am going to focus mostly on 1 and 3 with a small bit of two rolled in.

This challenge I will not buy any crap on amazon/online, no clothes, no projects, no STUFF.  This will help me get my CC's paid down because while I am fine financially I could be better.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c61ed8c6a766e4a59

This challenge I will track my calorie intake and protein with a goal of 1500-1700 calories total and 130 grams of protein daily.  If I have a super intense day I can add an extra 200 calories of carbs, but the work must be accounted for as well. *March 7th and 8th are freebie days because hockey game/mini getaway.

-  This may also change up after 2 weeks if I need to add/subtract based on weight loss and calories burned on average.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c61f1bf5633567051

This challenge I will take a decent walk or hop on my max trainer every single day.  I am more than welcome to have other workouts, but I also tend to get super hungry when I train hard and I am trying to stay away from that monster.

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c61f3a26639537441

On Feb 27th I have a "Buns and Braids" class to help with my ladylike goal, once this is complete I will practice what I have learned 3 days a week.  It's a bit far into the challenge to be a steady goal but I did want to write it down.

Extra Credit: Post 5 things on Poshmark for sale, all proceeds of my sales will go toward CC/Other debt.

*will flash this challenge up a bit once I get home and can hunt for gifs :D  *FIXED

• Like 4

Weekly Checklist:

No                  

Spend                 Walk 

Monday                       [x]                       [x]                         1529 calories, 122 g protein

Tuesday                       [x]                       [x]                        1685 calories,  86 g protein - our planned dinner was destroyed by Uber eats so I had breakfast for dinner

Wednesday                 [x]                       [x]                         1374 calories with 96 g protein - a bit low overall but I didn't feel like eating 1 cup of egg whites.

Thursday                     [x]                       [x]                          1755 calories with 124 g protein - burned approx 2485 calories with 84 active min

Friday                           [x]                       [x]                          I didn't track food but burned 2437 calories

Saturday                      [x]                       [  ]                          I didn't track food, burned 1876 calories

Sunday                         [x]                       [  ]                          I didn't track food, burned 1871 calories

Monday was just a short walk and eating alright.

Tuesday was a long walk over lunch, then I went to the gym and hopped on the Rower, planned a few other things but I thought food was on the way so I headed home after catching up with some old gym buddies.  Uber had a "glitch" and we waited over an hour for our food to show up, then I called customer service which told me our mixed grill would not be arriving and we would get a refund.  I was quite livid, the SO had tried to be nice and grab us something I could eat that was still tasty, and while they knew there was an issue early on in the order process because the driver called his service center about it they never told us.  So at 10 pm SO went to bed all cranky and hungry, and I cooked 2 eggs and toast with an avocado for a super late and annoying dinner.

Today I am grabbing chipolte with some co-workers and hitting the gym before I get home from work.  Then chicken with sugar snap peas and rice is on the menu, and hopefully some Civ with the SO or watch Creed 2 now that we can buy it on digital.

Yesterday was decent, a bit low on calories and protein but I wasn't starving myself or anything.  Went for my walk, then hit the rower and treadmill at the gym on my way home.  I have a free personal training appointment tonight at 7:30, and I am bringing home Arby's because it's one of the SO's fav's and my training session is late so I won't have time to cook something nice.

I got us both the civilizations and scenario pack bundle on steam for Civ VI as a valentines day gift since it's on sale and will give us some new things to check out while we wait for the new expansion to go down in price.

Still haven't done any random spending that was not planned, so that is going well :D And I have decided to get rid of my max trainer and save up for a nice rower to change up my home workout routine.  I have to sell before I buy though.

Had a good walk and workout yesterday.  Figured out me new 1 rep max bench with is 125lbs, I was sad I didnt hit the big girl plates.  At least I know where I'm at now and can work towards getting back to 160lbs.

Going for a run today over lunch, and relaxing once I get home and get some chores done.

• Like 1

Well Fridays lunch kicked my ass, I know it was a mix of the circuit training/less calories/more working out all week in general that did it.  So I am going to plan out lighter/heavier days to keep from burn out this week.

Saturday and Sunday I was in fact lazy and enjoyed a bit too much food and wine.  So while I want to make sure I stay on track during the week I will really focus on getting a solid weekend as well.  This is already in the works as I have a workout session with a friend that is interested in using the free weights more, this is planned for Sunday.  This was noticed on the scale since Saturday morning I was down to 184 from 188 the previous week, and today I am at 186.6

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c6ab54b5a46594667

Today I will be jogging over lunch, and have some band/resistance exercises I want to do when I get home as well.  I have a protein bar and some pistachios for lunch because I didn't meal prep, so I will have cottage cheese and a diced tomato when I get home, and then dinner is steaks and potatoes with roasted brussels sprouts. 

• Haha 1

Weekly Checklist: Week 2

No                  

Spend                 Walk 

Monday                       [x]                       [x]                         Didn't track my food last night, though it wasn't too far off the usual burned 2466 with 56 active min.

Tuesday                       [x]                       [x]                         Didn't track food again but also didn't go overboard with anything, burned 2102 with 31 active min.

Wednesday                 [x]                       [x]                         

Thursday                     [x]                       [  ]                          

Friday                           [  ]                       [  ]                          

Saturday                      [  ]                       [  ]                          

Sunday                         [  ]                       [  ]                          

This sounds like a great challenge, and I will just briefly mention that society’s definition of “ladylike” can be some bullshit, and you are awesome being “Tiffany-like” which is all you need to be. 

Though  I am intrigued by the braids class. So fluffy and Pinterest-y. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

This sounds like a great challenge, and I will just briefly mention that society’s definition of “ladylike” can be some bullshit, and you are awesome being “Tiffany-like” which is all you need to be. 

Though  I am intrigued by the braids class. So fluffy and Pinterest-y. 

Oh yeah, I am more thinking ladylike light, lol.  If anything I just want to be better at hair and makeup for when I feel like putting that effort in.  And my hair is getting pretty damn long, like almost hitting the tramp stamp (18 and stupid) length now.  While I have an under cut now, I am going to need some braids and buns to get through the FL summer for sure.  I will also admit that I love having hollywood hair, so being able to pull that off on my own would be nice.

• Like 1

Yesterday was kind of a bleh day where I didn't do much.  I did still go for my walk, and I did not spend anything on stupid shit so it's still a win.

I haven't been tracking so far this week and I do need to get back to it but I also haven't been going overboard and only eating between 12/1 - 9pm daily so I am glad that as long as I make decent decisions I can still see the scale going down.

Today I am working out, I don't know what that means yet but it will be a thing.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 8:52 AM, TiffanyD said:

Oh yeah, I am more thinking ladylike light, lol.  If anything I just want to be better at hair and makeup for when I feel like putting that effort in.  And my hair is getting pretty damn long, like almost hitting the tramp stamp (18 and stupid) length now.  While I have an under cut now, I am going to need some braids and buns to get through the FL summer for sure.  I will also admit that I love having hollywood hair, so being able to pull that off on my own would be nice.

I liked both DJ's post and your response!

I really like this post for braids. https://www.byrdie.com/braided-hairstyles-easy-braids

They are seriously easy, and some of them really do look impressive.

• Like 1

So last week was kind of a wash, that ended with another dog being abandoned in front of my house -_- I hate humans sometimes.  The SO was outside at the time, guy dumped a lovely little pit with a great personality.  He dropped her with dead fish so that she would eat it as he left, she went chasing after the guys car so SO went after her and brought her back.  She is about 10-15 lbs underweight.... seriously I need to get a camera system set up so that I can start reporting all these ass holes to the cops.

So yesterday instead of a workout and all the chores I wanted to get done I washed a pup and trimmed her nails, then introduced her to the pack and she is on a leash while inside since she has a bit of a chase response to the cats.  We aren't sure what we are going to do with her yet, but she is insanely sweet and adorable.  I will post a pic later.

This week is going to be off as well since said pupper is not fully house trained, but I am going to aim to walk/run while at work.  If anything I will do some jump rope/HIIT stuff outside where the pup can roam and I don't have to watch her so closely.  Less than 2 weeks before I pop the question to the SO on our mini getaway.  Got most of the plan figured out, so I am excited but nervous as all hell.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Xena said:

Dog abandoners suck. That story is so sad. Thanks for taking care of her.

This is the 5th pup to be dropped that we have taken in, 2 of which we found good homes for.  I think this one may stick around as the SO is already quite fond of her and she has been super easy so far.  

So I am definitely more than a bit derailed at the moment.  Did get my walk in yesterday and didn't spend money, so I can at least check those boxes off but the food choices haven't been stellar and we have not 1, but 2 catered lunch meetings this week.  One of which is supposed to be a "fun team gathering to play board games, ect and eat pizza".

I didn't get a chance to meal prep or do anything really besides watch the pup, and the SO has had late nights at work which means getting stuff done around the house has been an almost no go.  Hopefully an equilibrium will be found soon.

Took pup to the vet, she tested negative for all the bad stuff and got her shots.  She seems to have been in a fight or had some trauma to her hind leg (old wound), and has some bites on her ears but other than that and being a bit under weight she is healthy.  She is about 2/3 years old, and she has her appointment to get fixed in a couple weeks.

• Like 2

Still not on the best track, though I have been taking walks, just not as long a usual and I have stopped myself from buying shoes and leggings this week... Damn nike and gymshark and their wonderful things.

The wound on the pups back leg turned out to be a fresh burn -_-  I really want to murder the asshat that did this to her.  She is super sweet, but has a serious prey drive for the cats.  It has been a struggle to not get upset (while we have 3 of each I am more a cat person) when she goes after them.  We now have her on a short leash connected to the coffee table, and are basically on the couch the whole evening to keep an eye on things.

She and our other younger pit are starting to play together though, and I found out she is actually a pretty good running buddy so I am starting to take her for a jog every night.  That also helps out with the chasing since she is tuckered out and doesn't have the energy to care as much about the cats.

My proposal date is 1 week away, I already got everything written out and ready for our mini getaway in Tampa.  I got a set of 4 surf blue (his color) nesting boxes (like those Russian dolls only in box form), each one has a tag with a reason I want to marry him, and the last box has an inside joke about said proposal with the ring box in it.  I even practiced my cursive writing every day for a week so it didn't look like chicken scratch...  now to get with concierge (without him noticing) to help me have it set up with a bottle of bubbly and nice glasses while we are at dinner on Friday so that it's in our room when we get back.

Also, hair class was fun.  I was the only one to book it I guess so I got a personal lesson for 40 bucks.  I learned how to do the dutch braid (which is easier than french to do on yourself, crazy), and I got some pro tips on my fishtail and doing the fo-hawk braid... I will go full viking one day I swear, it will just take some practice.  I haven't been able to take time to get ready in the mornings since the pup needs supervision but I plan on getting some practice in this weekend while putting up some stuff to sell on poshmark.

• Like 2

Got a run in with the pup on Saturday morning, and meal prepped yesterday for my lunches this week.

I also got up new listings on poshmark as well as redoing some of the pictures of my older postings since I can show them off better with one of those tailoring torso things (more like a decorative version but it works well).  Already sold another dress so that needs to get into the mail tonight/tomorrow.

Other than that I have done some spot cleaning and playing video games.  Ben crashed on the couch at like 5 and slept until 9, then went back to bed at 10 with me...  I envy the amount of sleep he gets :S  But that also meant I couldn't do too much besides video games and laundry since I had to supervise the pup.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:20 PM, Xena said:

Is it today?????

It was supposed to be but life happened to kick me that day.  I did however write out a card, and gave him that and his ring last night and he said yes :D   Far from perfect, but it was a lovely moment between us on the couch in our comfy clothes with all the pups chilling around us.

Now to really get my ass in gear cause I want to be sexy AF in my dress. (no date or plans yet, but an outline of what I want to do).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

life happened to kick me that day

so sorry about that

7 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

I did however write out a card, and gave him that and his ring last night and he said yes :D   

and YAY!!! Congratulations!!

• Like 1

I am already dealing with family wondering when the date is, ect...  Thing is I was planning more of an elopement than a wedding, and I am an only child, so some family is a little upset at the thought they won't see me get married.  Trying to find a middle ground is difficult to say the least.

The new pup is now spayed, she was high as a kite all last night so the cats actually got to come downstairs and hang out a bit.  I did really well Tuesday but that is about the only day this week I have put in any real effort.  Meeting with my old trainer on Friday to talk about starting the personal training back up.  It's not perfect but he is the most affordable for sure, Ben had a good point that my trainer seems to get bored if I am not training for a comp/doing strong man stuff and I agree so I am writing up my actual goals today.  If my trainer doesn't want to work on my goals then I will find something/someone else.  But really it's more to get me back into the habit of just going 3-4 days a week again.  I just know I won't be planning competitions and I will be focused on strictly fat loss.  That doesn't mean I can do some random strong man stuff a few times a month, so I am sure the trainer and I can find some middle ground.

Today I just want to stick with eating my healthy lunch and getting some cardio to make up for my lazyness last night, I just really needed to relax.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, TiffanyD said:

I did however write out a card, and gave him that and his ring last night and he said yes :D   Far from perfect, but it was a lovely moment between us on the couch in our comfy clothes with all the pups chilling around us.

Yay! Congratulations!

i vote for powerlifting at the reception. After the cake, of course. 

• Like 1