• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

T2sarahconnor

T2SC. If at first you don't succeed....

Try try again.

i tried and fizzled last challenge but I am picking myself up, dusting myself off and I am back in the saddle again.  I will celebrate the fact that I am back at the gym 3 days a week consistently for the last 4 weeks and down 4 pounds.  I realize I can not out exercise my fork.  Even though I think I eat healthy something is not working.  Anyone know the definition of crazy?

I could list a million excuses but I will not.  I am only positive about today and what I can do.  Every day is one step towards a happier healthier me.

I am doing things a little different this time around.  It is not that the standard challenge doesn't work, but I need to work for the challenge.  

1.  Nutrition.  Going again with taking pictures of my dinner each night.  Going back to MFP to log every morsel that enters my mouth.  Let's do some scientific research here.  I need data and this will lead me to my next steps.  This week I will limit my carbs to 100 g a day.  No sugar, no bread, no pasta etc.. I will allow rice once this week but it needs to be kept with in the 100 g range.  

2. Exercise.  Gym visits 4 times a week.  We will get more specific later. 

3.  Accomplish 3 things daily.  Each day I will make a list of three things to get done and do them.  Before I tackle anything else I need to accomplish those three things.  They could be incredibly easy like vacuum the living room or more time consuming like cleaning the hall closet. 

4.  Post on my thread daily.  I need to be here and be accountable whether I am successful or not.  This will be the only way to learn.

5. Post on others threads daily.  I sometimes feel overwhelmed to get through everyone's threads.  I will not use not being able to get to everyone as an excuse.  I love all the encouragement and inspiration that is here.  Being active here keeps my head in the game.  

Everything is is pretty much a choice and I need to choose what is best for me at this time.  

Enough typing....start doing

Oh yeah.  There will always be music

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following for support and your awesome taste in music.

Thanks!  Your support means so much!  Glad you like the music, it speaks for me sometimes.

• Like 1

Day 2 done.  Everything complete.  Didn't hit the gym ( I have 1 out of 4 done) but shoveled snow for my workout.  We received 4 inches Sunday and then an additional 5 yesterday ( Monday into Tuesday).  [mention=25713]RES[/mention] do you want to visit?  

Dinner was chilli. It did have beans but I will take it as a win with me not having crackers.

14ffd4716056250e20b2ced8aab44bfb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Day 2 done.  Everything complete.  Didn't hit the gym ( I have 1 out of 4 done) but shoveled snow for my workout.  We received 4 inches Sunday and then an additional 5 yesterday ( Monday into Tuesday).  @RES do you want to visit?  

I love you twin...but me and the cold do not mix! You are more than welcome to come to FL, I have an extra room and a gym membership :D plus all the baseball your heart desires :lol: 

• Like 2

Wed and Thursday dinner was the same. Zucchini noodles some Cole slaw mix with no dressing and alfredo sauce with chicken. Didn't get the picture taken until I had almost finished a39d649aa1800e13a2d63a7e4635c533.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Week one down. Haven't got on the scale yet but will before the days end. Last week was good.
1. Nutrition 6/7 days sticking to my plan. The one day I didn't count was a lazy night and bought fried chicken from the grocery store. Did pair it with a cauliflower casserole (my go to instead of potatoes) and green beans.

2. Exercise 4/4 days. Barely got this in
Lots of snow here (7 plus inches yesterday) one of the days water aerobics cancelled but I went anyway and swam laps and did my own workout

3. Posted 5/7 days and 5/7 on someone else's thread.

Here is a pic of the fried chickenc3eaed1f62c2c4404fe34459c8663209.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Week one down. Haven't got on the scale yet but will before the days end. Last week was good.
1. Nutrition 6/7 days sticking to my plan. The one day I didn't count was a lazy night and bought fried chicken from the grocery store. Did pair it with a cauliflower casserole (my go to instead of potatoes) and green beans.

2. Exercise 4/4 days. Barely got this in
Lots of snow here (7 plus inches yesterday) one of the days water aerobics cancelled but I went anyway and swam laps and did my own workout

3. Posted 5/7 days and 5/7 on someone else's thread.

Here is a pic of the fried chickenc3eaed1f62c2c4404fe34459c8663209.jpg

Great choice. I like that you didn't make it an all or nothing  deal for yourself. You bought the fried chicken and then paired it with veggies instead of all the other way more calorie rich foods that normally go with fried chicken

• Like 3

On 2/18/2019 at 1:10 PM, T2sarahconnor said:

Lots of snow here (7 plus inches yesterday) 

Ready to come visit FL yet?

• Like 1

That cauliflower casserole looks really good! And that's saying a lot, since neither my husband nor I like cauliflower :D Got a recipe you don't mind sharing?

Week 2  was a bust.  The flu hit our house.  First my son, then hubby then me.  Did get 3 water aerobics classes in.  More snow hit and we hit a record of most snow in Feb here.  

Thinking of this

• Like 4

On 2/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It happens to other people.

After not having to since leaving Iowa I was compelled to shovel snow three times this year--twice at MIL's (in New Mexico) while visiting for the holidays and once upon returning to Oklahoma.  That should tide me over nicely for another decade or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1