SHE-HULK: Fixing Form

She-Hulk

shehulk.jpg

Main Quest: Get Fit for Vegassss

giphy-5.thumb.gif.ab265011bcd88804c6040e5aaae77487.gif

At the end of May, I'm going to Vegas to see Lady Gaga with my best friend and we're going with a few friends of ours to make it a bigger trip. I have fun outfits planned and I want to, well, fit into them. 

Sidequest: Lose 100lbs

Current weight: 305lbs

First goal weight: 280lbs

Quest 1: PRODUCTIVITY!

Productivity! Goal: CLEAN FINAL 50% of bedroom: AKA THE HULK HUT

1607188460_ScreenShot2018-11-26at8_28_46PM.thumb.png.f9fae6de119ffd63c1cd3949373dd277.png.cb18108a43f4717e831c8ab12ac9d05d.png

1. trash stuff

3. organize stuff (sort through those bags, yo).

Productivity! Goal: AQUASCAPE ON

giphy.gif.5633f03b7ca17b9ad245822177f5709e.gif

I have four aquariums. One 30gal, three 5gal. Right now I'm going through some nightmarish stuff with the 30gal so I need to deal with that but the rest is maintenance for the 5gals. The maintenance has proved to keep me busy, my mind active, and my brain focused on more creative pursuits. =D

Productivity! Goal: APPLY TO 10 JOBS A DAY

giphy-4.gif.9f3528b6161f6924a9fc60c7b92c4487.gif

Pretty much, yeah.

Quest 2: FIX THE FORM!

Fix the Form!:  GET TO PHYSICAL THERAPY 2X WEEKLY

giphy-2.gif.5ef7584830d6496259fdb01bcc25fe4d.gif

So, here's the deal. I sprained my foot and tore a few ligaments. Oops. PT for the next 4-6 weeks (and a boot). A lot of these exercises will be based around gentle stretches to get my foot into working condition again. 

Fix the Form!:  DO AT HOME EXERCISES DAILY

giphy-3.gif.3823f4ea6839aba9381a4e416e345b9d.gif

I need to get my take-home exercises first, but for all the days I don't have PT, I will do my exercises at home. Easy enough to follow.

Quest 3: TRACK THE EATS!

giphy-6.gif.0865be94922a4ca3945c5517f9da32f8.gif

From start to finish I'm going to focus on just tracking what I'm eating rather than making huge dietary changes. As I track I'll make more informed decisions, but for now, baby steps. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: She-Hulk Strengthens the Stronghold.

[Level: 6 | STR 8.18 | DEX 6.31 STA 9.47 | CON 11.08 WIS 10.5 | CHA 6.9 ]

Let's do a Tuesday update now, shall we?

Productivity! GoalCLEAN FINAL 50% of bedroom: AKA THE HULK HUT

I bagged some stuff! Woo! Granted, they are now in a big pile of things that need to go outside, but I can do that Thursday AM. 

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. Thursday or Friday will mean a water change but that's okay

I applied to.... 2.... I know, I should have done more. But I honestly just felt so uncomfortable after my discussion with my therapist. I think I need to put up a website again and look at new sites. 

Fix the Form!:  GET TO PHYSICAL THERAPY 2X WEEKLY

First PT session is Thursday at 1:00PM EST! Wednesday... did not go so well for me though. I think my body is trying to fight something off or I missed a med because I slept through my appointment with my physio (and the entire day). Which means I won't have my results from my MRI with me. Which is.... not so good. I will call in the morning and apologize and explain what happened. Hopefully, they can fit me in before she goes on vacation. ><

The Eats weren't exactly.... even close to good. But I put them in the tracker. I think what I need to do right now since I'm limited in being able to cook for myself is order some of those Freshly meals. I'm on medication that limits my desire to binge, but it's more become a habit now. Other times I just kinda forget to eat. All I ate was taco bell. Eek. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Odango said:

How was your day Shulkie?

I hope your foot's healing :)  do you have a PT appointment coming soon?

Can't wait to hear about fish tank stuff!

giphy.gif

It was..... meh. But I'm only going up from here. 

PT starts today!!! Horray! I'll post some pictures of my tanks when I start doing water changes and stuff. Right now they're a mess since I do my trims and cleanup at the same time. 

giphy-7.gif.dd0fb46a19f21ee380d87152d8a9ff92.gif

7 hours ago, Odango said:

Yes! We're going up :)

Awesome for the PT, you can finally start your recovery!

Wow-Thats-brave.gif

(was looking for a cute cat gif, mehehehe xD)

Pt was definitely tough.

My poor foot. Owieeee. 

giphy-8.gif.9dfa1d9c4390e1c29a1e76c3d5456f58.gif

But, yes! Recovery starts now!

• Like 1

Yeah, I've sprained my foot and ankle several times (though never tore ligaments, yikes!), therapy can be a bish!

Beauty Recovery is pain (sometimes), I hope the pain decreases fast.

Soon you'll be off to new adventures, standing on that strong foot!

gvmlb-cl4.gif

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Hey there!  I, too, was misdiagnosed a while ago.  I'm super proud that you are not letting it knock you down.  You got this!  Best of luck at rediscovering your She-Hulkness!  

• Like 1
Spoiler

PREVIOUS CHALLENGES

2013: 6/1/13 - 7/24/13 - 9/15/13 - 11/6/13   2014: 1/5/142/19/14 - 4/9/14 - 6/6/14 - 7/24/14 - 9/11/14 - 11/5/14 

2015: 1/2/15 - 2/20/15 - 4/9/15 - 6/2/15 - 9/10/15 - 10/26/15   2016: 1/1/16 - 2/28/16 - 3/28/16 - 6/6/16 - 9/19/16 - 10/26/16 - 11/26/16   

2017: 1/1/17 - 9/17/17   2018: 1/1/18 - 2/5/18 - 8/13/18 - 11/26/18   2019: 1/7/19   2020: 9/13/20

On 2/14/2019 at 9:37 AM, She-Hulk said:

PT starts today!!! Horray! I'll post some pictures of my tanks when I start doing water changes and stuff. Right now they're a mess since I do my trims and cleanup at the same time. 

I can't wait to see your tanks! (I'm sure somebody has used this as a pickup line before, haha)

I used to have a 120l aquarium when I was younger, but couldn't keep it when I started moving around so much. I'm hoping to eventually get one again, because FISHIES!!!

• Like 1

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Previous challenges: 01, 02

"Just sitting here on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity..." - unknown

Let's do a Thursday update now, shall we?

I bagged some more stuff! Woo! I also took most of the stuff outside and broke down a bunch of boxes.

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. Checked my water parameters and they are finally back to normal. Woof. Three weeks ago I broke my filter on my 30gal and after upgrading to a canister had to contend with a nitrite and nitrate spike (ammonia tests lieeeee). Had some fish die-off, sadly, and had to do tons and tons of water changes for two weeks. Now everything is back to balance and I'm going to introduce some more fish next week.

I applied to.... 4....  Still feeling uncomfortable. Will take a look at my website on Saturday I think.

I didn't manage to call my physio, but I'll call Monday. Physical therapy was tough! They were able to realign my foot and omg so much better. He said it'll get better and better each time they do it. I was also given my take-home therapy sheet, yay! 

Wednesday/Tuesday got a little mixed up.... so we're just combining them and going straight to Thursday.

Pretty balanced minus the excess sugar. I need to cut sugar. 

Breakfast: Natures path sunrise GF cereal w/ almond milk

Lunch: Chicken Tikka Masala w/ rice

Dinner: London Broil w/ 2 small potatoes 

Extra: Cookies x3, 1 root beer

Sugar is my monster always. UGH.

•  

17 hours ago, LittleTurtle said:

Hey there!  I, too, was misdiagnosed a while ago.  I'm super proud that you are not letting it knock you down.  You got this!  Best of luck at rediscovering your She-Hulkness!  

Thank you!!! Yeah, it was only a small hit. But a major relief really. I was just so glad to know that I wasn't crazy; you shouldn't get sicker on the medicine that's supposed to make you better. It took years to find the right doctors to listen to me, but I'm glad I did. Now I really get going again.

16 hours ago, Mera said:

I can't wait to see your tanks! (I'm sure somebody has used this as a pickup line before, haha)

I used to have a 120l aquarium when I was younger, but couldn't keep it when I started moving around so much. I'm hoping to eventually get one again, because FISHIES!!!

Bahahahaha! My best friend has along with a wink, lol.

That's about the same size as my community tank. I've tried to imagine moving with it and it is not gonna be easy lol. I'll get some pictures when my new fish come! I ordered some more congo tetras, some yoyo loaches (to destroy the demon snails that were supposed to be plant safe), and (more) black as well as palmeri emperor tetras. 

On 2/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, Odango said:

Yeah, I've sprained my foot and ankle several times (though never tore ligaments, yikes!), therapy can be a bish!

Beauty Recovery is pain (sometimes), I hope the pain decreases fast.

Soon you'll be off to new adventures, standing on that strong foot!

Ugh, I've sprained my right ankle so many times (the one I broke ages back), but never the foot, and never my good ankle or foot. Luckily I have a high pain tolerance and I think in general I want to be, well, back on my feet quickly as possible, so I will be. 

After all, Vegas awaits!

• Like 2

Let's do a Friday update now, shall we?

I'd say that the first layer of stuff is gone now. I want to get everything from the side of my bed to the fireplace next. 

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. Checked my water parameters again and they're still good. Ordered some fishies to come Monday! I'll be doing a top-off Saturday but otherwise, I follow the school of thought where you don't change it unless you need to. 

I applied to.... 0....  Still feeling uncomfortable. Will take a look at my website on Saturday.

Next appointment is Monday at 1:30 PM EST!

Fix the Form!:  DO AT HOME EXERCISES DAILY

Honestly, I tried. But I am still too sore. I'm going to try today (Saturday AM) as I'm feeling better. Instead, I iced and did very minimal movement. 

I need to cut sugar. 

Breakfast: Slept lateeee....

Lunch: 2 scoops lactose free coffee ice cream >.> 

Dinner: Chicken tikka Masala w/ rice

Extra: Cookies x3, handful of Valentines chocolates

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, She-Hulk said:

I'd say that the first layer of stuff is gone now. I want to get everything from the side of my bed to the fireplace next.

Great start! Are you only keeping what sparks joy? ;)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, She-Hulk said:

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. Checked my water parameters again and they're still good. Ordered some fishies to come Monday! I'll be doing a top-off Saturday but otherwise, I follow the school of thought where you don't change it unless you need to.

Yayyyy! Fishies! I don't know anything about fish species so I'm looking up those you mentioned, they're beautiful!! 8D

I like your attitude, don't fix it if it ain't broken, hehe!

I applied to.... 0....  Still feeling uncomfortable. Will take a look at my website on Saturday.

I mean, girl, this goal is TOUGH! I did not even include looking for a job in my challenge (unemployed club, weee)

It's a stressful situation for sure, but I hope you're able to not feel too badly pressured. Hug!

Honestly, I tried. But I am still too sore. I'm going to try today (Saturday AM) as I'm feeling better. Instead, I iced and did very minimal movement.

Yay for PT and take it easy!

I hope I didn't come across as minimising your experience when I mentioned my sprains, I remember that you went through many injuries (I also remember your insane levels of pain tolerance! You had stumped your toe and felt some pain, but didn't realise, nor considered, that it was broken until much later!)

I need to cut sugar. 

Lunch: 2 scoops lactose free coffee ice cream >.> 

Dinner: Chicken tikka Masala w/ rice

Extra: Cookies x3, handful of Valentines chocolates

Boss Monster!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c680651685154334d

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

13 hours ago, Odango said:

Great start! Are you only keeping what sparks joy? ;)

Haha, I'm keeping whatever is still useful... so kinda. xD Mannn, I tried watching that show and it was like pulling teeth. I just could not get into it. I liked the books! Just... never... applied them.

Yayyyy! Fishies! I don't know anything about fish species so I'm looking up those you mentioned, they're beautiful!! 8D

I like your attitude, don't fix it if it ain't broken, hehe!

Thank youuu!! The congos are really pretty, I think. And the black emperors look like velvet.

It's just wayyy easier this way. And, honestly, as long as you keep up with general tank maintenance otherwise it's completely fine. Since my tanks are heavily planted I can get away with it lol. =P 

Congos.thumb.jpg.383755411d809c69a108bba01a88029b.jpg

These are my congos and my one remaining rainbow snacking it up.

I mean, girl, this goal is TOUGH! I did not even include looking for a job in my challenge (unemployed club, weee)

It's a stressful situation for sure, but I hope you're able to not feel too badly pressured. Hug!

Yeahhh... issue is I don't want to work a full-time position in fear of overdoing it. I think I might be overthinking it? I dunno. My therapist kinda scared me. Ugh.

Yay for PT and take it easy!

I hope I didn't come across as minimising your experience when I mentioned my sprains, I remember that you went through many injuries (I also remember your insane levels of pain tolerance! You had stumped your toe and felt some pain, but didn't realise, nor considered, that it was broken until much later!)

No, of course not!!!! Everyone has their own experiences and just cause I have a lot of them, it doesn't make them any bigger than your own! I don't view my diseases and syndromes as something that makes my life harder than others. It's just my normal. My baseline. I just get hurt a bit more often than others, that's okay. I have to be a little more careful. Your experience is just as big as my own. 

Boss Monster!

The biggest! Next challenge for sure. 

• Like 1

Let's do a Saturday update now, shall we?

I want to get everything from the side of my bed to the fireplace next still.... maybe Monday?

I did a top-off, planted some of the wisteria that managed to survive Pippin's, my betta, tank (he hates stem plants and tears them apart), and replanted the loosened Staurogyne Repens that the Cory cats dug up. The wisteria is planted in the back and is going to grow nice and tall. I want some more brown or reds in the back I think.

IMG_6462.thumb.jpg.c58ffed70e3ffd63c8b200924829922c.jpg

I picked a new template for my website, just gotta, you know, put info in. 

I did half this morning and the last half this evening! Now resting. Woof.

I need to cut sugar. 

Lunch: Rugelach ....

Dinner: I had burger king. >< 

Extra: Handful of Valentines chocolates

I've ordered that meal service I mentioned and I'm going out with friends to celebrate my best friend's Grammy win (WOOP! WOOP!). We're doing Koreatown and going to karaoke after bbq tomorrow, though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Odango said:

Things are moving along nicely! :D

Your tank is beautiful, I love all the plants (and hello fishies from the other picture!)

bbq and karaoke, I'm so jealous!!! Injoy!!

Thank you! =D It's become a very calming hobby for me. Between that and my cats (I adopted two kittens a year and a half ago), it help keeps my mood in a pretty good place.

If only you were in NY!!! It was a lot of fun. Too many people for bbq so we all wound up getting bowls of some kind but karaoke was loads of fun! The place is called Space Karaoke and it had a really cool look to it with a great song list. It was a good time all around and I managed well with my boot and cane, haha. 

• Like 1

Let's do a Sunday update now, shall we?

I want to get everything from the side of my bed to the fireplace next (Saving for Monday/Tuesday). 

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. 

I applied to.... 0...  

I did a few of the stretches but didn't want to overdo it since I was going out.

I need to cut sugar. 

Breakfast: 3 rugelach

Lunch: bulgogi bowl w/ double egg and veggies (no mushrooms for me though).

Dinner: 6 oz London broil w/ A1 after my migraine subsided

Extra: a handful of Valentines chocolates

And that concludes week 1!!

For stats, I'm going to keep it basic;  So long as I finish this challenge I will apply full stats that I set to the goals. I haven't set them yet but I'll make sure they fit the goals as well as possible. No grading. This is all about positive reinforcement right now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, She-Hulk said:

For stats, I'm going to keep it basic;  So long as I finish this challenge I will apply full stats that I set to the goals. I haven't set them yet but I'll make sure they fit the goals as well as possible. No grading. This is all about positive reinforcement right now. 

Yes, yes and YESSS!

We're here to feel better and be healthier and happier. How we go about it and how quickly - or slowly - it happens doesn't matter in the end, does it?

I mean, okay, you have that epic concert coming up, so there is some sort of time constraint, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy it fully by then :D

giphy.gif

(not sure what this adds, but it's too weird and awesome xD)

Current Challenge

Let's do a Monday update now, shall we?

I want to get everything from the side of my bed to the fireplace next (Saving for Tuesday). 

Nothing to do today besides feed the fishies. 

I applied to.... 0...  

I wound up canceling. I wasn't feeling well and that does not bode well for my immune system. Next appointment is Friday.

I did my entire home exercise routine and then slept the day away, honestly.

I need to cut sugar. 

Breakfast: Zilch.

Lunch: Naddah

Dinner: Protein pasta with sauce and frier cheese.

Extra: a handful of my chewy corn milk candy (yayyy Korea town) and a few cheese doodles.

This is what a not so good day for me looks like, health-wise. Sometimes my body just crashes. Pain level was around a 7 all day and the only way through it is to rest. I woke up around 5am Tuesday and did some work on my fish tanks as I have some fish coming today (YAY!!!) but that's it. Rest needed to happen.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Odango said:

Yes, yes and YESSS!

We're here to feel better and be healthier and happier. How we go about it and how quickly - or slowly - it happens doesn't matter in the end, does it?

I mean, okay, you have that epic concert coming up, so there is some sort of time constraint, but there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to enjoy it fully by then :D

giphy.gif

(not sure what this adds, but it's too weird and awesome xD)

I love this gif.

Yes! Even with the time constraints, it's not like I'm looking to lose a ton of weight right now. This challenge (along with the next) is about getting back on track and in the right mindset. Plus, the outfits I got (for the most part) fit right now. I just want them to either fit a little better, or they're a size off. Totally doable! Just gotta conquer a battles first.

• Like 1