• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teirin

Teirin shows up

To be expanded, but if i procrastinate any longer I will skip another challenge.

1.  Show up!  See everyone!  Daily!

2. Physical Maintenance

• Stretch daily
  • Soak feet every day
  • Use antibiotics this week

3. Blow the dust off the kettlebell

Swing it around at least 2x per week, preferably more.  S&S or the NF routine would be fine

4. Get the next arc of my game roughly planned out and get back to running.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mistr said:

YAY!

I'm glad you are back in the forum with a new challenge.

How have things been going for you?

Hi!!!!

Generally good but I am struggling with the usual suspects (too much junk, not enough exercise) and some apathy.  Hoping to sort that out.  I want to go back to training in a martial art but trying to figure out how to avoid the same problems. 

3 hours ago, Kishi said:

tumblr_inline_pb229kVmJ31uuk7dg_540.gif

kOXnswR.gif

• Like 2

Doing ok so far with foot care but not great with the rest.  I thought I was doing well, but the infection is back in one foot so apparently not.  Stretching and game stuff have had some progress.  Reading peoples threads daily as well, if not saying much.  Will do better this week. 

• Like 3

It means more than you think. Being read and supported makes a big difference to me, and I always appreciate it whenever I find that someone's stopped by.

So thank you for that. :)

I'm glad to see that there's been progress on your goals. I hope it continues and that your feet do better and the game stuff does well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mistr said:

I'm glad you are here. Are you still participating in NF Academy? How is/was that working for you?

I was with Rising Heroes.  It was good, but it wasn't what I needed anymore so I left.  The mods may have been happy about that.  I was among the people calling them on their shitty diet plan anytime it got posted.  Overall it was a good program though.

So plans around the feet have changed.  Topical antibiotics worked just fine on one foot, and the other had mostly settled down by the time I got the antibiotics but they were used anyway to curb-stomp any lingering bits.  Now the formerly apparently fine foot has a worse infection that actually is slowing me down.  I went back to the Dr yesterday.  Apparently it was entirely sealed and the topical antibiotics were doing nothing.   Oral ABs time.  I have never been on a mycin before but cylins are now out due to allergy.  Good times.  

2. Physical Maintenance (updated)

• Stretch daily
  • Soak foot every day - 3 times
  • Use antibiotics the next 10 days - 4 per day, with a large glass of water each.  

I will be well hydrated and hopefully dodge negative side effects.  

Well, I'm sorry to hear that the diet plan wasn't great. :( Still, FWIW, my heart will always be here with the Rebellion rather than the tryna be ARG.

Anyway, also sorry to hear that the topical ABs weren't enough. But at least they're getting you figured out and sorted. Hope they work fast and that you feel better soon!

• Like 1

You're starting to sound Canadian :joyous:

Yep.  It should be fine.  I worry that I'm visiting my Dr needlessly, but he takes these things seriously.  It's probably also good to try a new AB type and see if I react to it before a more serious condition comes along. 

14 hours ago, Teirin said:

You're starting to sound Canadian :joyous:

I'll take that as a compliment. :D

14 hours ago, Teirin said:

Yep.  It should be fine.  I worry that I'm visiting my Dr needlessly, but he takes these things seriously.  It's probably also good to try a new AB type and see if I react to it before a more serious condition comes along.

Hey, it's what they're there for. Besides, it's better to deal with this ish now rather than later.

15 hours ago, Teirin said:

Having an infection that is not going away is a serious problem. Especially if it has gone internal and your body is treating it as a chronic condition. Good thing that you are getting it dealt with now.

Can you eat yogurt or other cultured foods? Those can help to maintain healthy gut microbes while you are taking systemic antibiotics.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2019 at 1:41 PM, Mistr said:

Having an infection that is not going away is a serious problem. Especially if it has gone internal and your body is treating it as a chronic condition. Good thing that you are getting it dealt with now.

Can you eat yogurt or other cultured foods? Those can help to maintain healthy gut microbes while you are taking systemic antibiotics.

Yogurt is a staple, so yes! 

Halfway through the ABs and that's going ok.  Food has to be carefully arranged to buffer my stomach or I feel gross but it's well within the range of acceptable side effects.  My mouth also frequently tastes like metal but that too is fine.  So far, none of the concerning side effects *crossed fingers that it remains that way*.  I'm also soaking my foot nearly enough but running around on it too much.  Trying to stay off it as much as  possible but life and work do not stop for a sore foot.  I am very well hydrated due to instructions to down a large glass of water with each pill :-D

Honestly, not much else going on.  Snow storm tonight but we've hit the point in the year that we just don't care anymore.  20-30 cm?  Meh. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I know what you mean about the snow. We have snow showers predicted all week. Nothing major. I'd be surprised if we shoveled. I might if I have trouble getting my car up the driveway. Otherwise we'll just wear boots and wait for spring.

• Like 1

It didn't occur to me earlier, but it's been a good day for most goals.  Also a good Monday by my standards. 

1. Caught up on threads here.

2.  All the foot care and mostly stayed off it today.  Stretching too.

3.  No exercise, that one is still a bust.

4.  Spending the last bit of the evening on game planning.

I also caught up on some urgent chores last night, slept ok for a Sunday night ~6 hours, and generally ate quite well today.  Lots of good food, and rather less junk food than I have been eating of late.   I'm going through a fair number of these but it's still not too bad.   They get rid of the metallic taste for a bit :-)

• Like 2

The Arms and Equipment guide came in!  I was excited, until I scanned through it and found very little outside arms, armour, vehicles, toolkits, and cyber upgrades.  Old Alternity had a bunch of cool other stuff but new Alternity is pretty much juts a combat system.  I am disappoint.

Otherwise decent day. 

15 hours ago, Teirin said:

The Arms and Equipment guide came in!  I was excited, until I scanned through it and found very little outside arms, armour, vehicles, toolkits, and cyber upgrades.  Old Alternity had a bunch of cool other stuff but new Alternity is pretty much juts a combat system.  I am disappoint.

Otherwise decent day. 

I mean, at least it wasn't ambiguous about what you were getting?

5 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Welcome back! AND WHAT HAVE TO DONE YOUR POOR FEET.

Thanks!   I don't know :-(  I've never had paronychia without damaging my feet somehow, and never both feet at the same time!  It cleared up in one, then the other but re-developed in the first foot.  I have no idea what's wrong.  I haven't damaged my feet at all lately.  

4 hours ago, Kishi said:

I mean, at least it wasn't ambiguous about what you were getting?

The previous incarnation named it the same but had stuff like accommodation pricing, different types of clothing, all sorts of non-combat world-building stuff.  This game skipped all of that.  

• Sad 1

New and exciting chapter in the foot saga.  Hives!  Again!  Fuck.  Last night I saw some spots, but they were at plausible deniability level.   Didn't take my last dose of the day just in case.  This morning there was no deniability.  Am covered in spots.  Same pattern as last time, and at 31/40 pills taken (4/day spread out).  Normally I would just start Bendryl, notify my Dr's office, and carry on but I don't think any of the parents at work want to see someone covered in spots walk in the door right now.  I worked from home today, will see a nurse practitioner to verify hives in the morning, and should be fine to head to work after that.  Bendryl was already on hand so that's fine.  I caught up on a bunch of non-equipment work while working remotely?  I also didn't have to go outside, which is nice right now.  Or wear a bra all day.  Also nice.  Silver linings here.  The itching could fuck off. 

• Like 1

Sorry you have to deal with an allergic reaction to medication that might help your foot problem. That's the kind of problem that drives a person to try traditional home remedies instead of modern medicine.

On 3/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, Mistr said:

Sorry you have to deal with an allergic reaction to medication that might help your foot problem. That's the kind of problem that drives a person to try traditional home remedies instead of modern medicine.

Eh, my doctor has noted that I am generally "sensitive" to everything.  It was a known risk :-/  I was hoping to test an antibiotic under not-dire circumstances, so at least I'm not finding out the hard way for a worse infection? 

It is, but not really a risk for me :-)

• Like 2