Mera is getting on the train to Oban

Mera, aka Runner 5, reporting for duty from her new base in Sweden...

The Mission:

Get ready for the Zombies Run 10K virtual race "The Train to Orban" taking place late April - early May

The Action plan:

Simple, follow the Zombies Run 10K beginner training

The Obstacles to master:

• Make room for running and just go, even if I don't want to (or the weather is crap).
  • Prevent knee pain through exercises and stretching.
  • Take the dog along as much as possible, which might impact speed negatively.
  • Remember that it's not about speed or losing weight, it's about running consistently and feeling better in mind and body.
  • Don't get caught by Zombies.

Open the gates!

insta.gif?w=589&h=331

• Like 4

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Previous challenges: 01, 02

"Just sitting here on the corner of awesome and bombdiggity..." - unknown

8 minutes ago, capn_tack said:

Never heard of the Zombie Run. Might be something I'd do if I were a runner. XD

Oh, it's the best! This was the only thing that got me going when I started, because I thoroughly hated every minute of running before.

Here is the little intro from their website:

Run in the Real World.
Become a Hero in Another.
Only a few have survived the zombie epidemic. You are a Runner en-route to one of humanity’s last remaining outposts. They need your help to gather supplies, rescue 
survivors, and defend their home. And you have another mission — one they don’t know about...

So you run to your own music, all the while playing the game through radio transmissions from your base. Oh, and you get chased by Zombies... 

• Like 1

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

14 minutes ago, Mera said:

Give it a go! It doesn't matter to the game at all whether you run or walk or whatever :) 

I might have to give it a shot. Installing the app now to check out later.

8 minutes ago, Mera said:

Week 1, Run 1

Although the knees are already starting to complain after running on concrete too much last week.

I'm assuming you have good runners to help mitigate this?

"Never cry 'neath nobody's heel again"
-Captain Tack

On 2/14/2019 at 9:46 AM, She-Hulk said:

Mera!

What good fate! And what good goals! Also, Sweden, now, eh?

giphy-9.gif.52dcc16cc54f925821bd4a45dee24f8f.gif

Yeayye, glad you're along for the ride as well! Yes, Sweden! Just moved here in January for my husband's job. So far it's pretty awesome, and I've decided that I shall master this language too, so help me god ikea!

1 minute ago, Odango said:

Heya!

How was your day?

I'm also curious to know how doggo handled the move?

tenor.gif?itemid=5498344

Ha, you posted just as I started typing. Just got back from my run, will do a full update in a sec. The dog handled the move much better than I thought. I guess for him, everywhere we are (and his crate) is home. I think it's also to do with the fact that I can walk him a lot more since I work from home now.

• Like 1

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Week 1, Run 2

Challenge: Run for 15mins, walk for 2, run for another 15mins.

Turns out, without the dog I'm 2 mins per km faster. :o

But that also means I had to run a lot further in my 30 mins haha.. 

52397740_794125347632431_2406226531044032512_n.jpg

Edit: I found the child. It's unharmed.

• Like 3

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Wow! Good luck learning Swedish!

original.gif

(I know Frozen is set in Norway, but this guy totally is a Swedish parody xD)

All I know if fika xD  it sounds beautiful though + being German and a total language Genius, you'll be a star for sure!

So happy that the move wasn't too stressful for your dog! I can tell he's super well cared for :)

Edit: Weeee! Awesome day! You go girl!

• Like 1

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

Welcome back, I'm super jealous of your location, always wanted to visit...

Happy to have another runner on board, I never tried zombies run, might give it a shot after I finish the None2Run training program.

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestles her demons 

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

WOOOHOO! GO MERA!

I'm so glad your pupper has adjusted well with the move! It was a real worry for my roommate and I when we were moving (and we were only going 20 min away), he hated boxes and bags for the next 6-8 months, haha. 

That's so cool that there's a museum right by you, too!

Current Challenge: She-Hulk Strengthens the Stronghold.

[Level: 6 | STR 8.18 | DEX 6.31 STA 9.47 | CON 11.08 WIS 10.5 | CHA 6.9 ]

16 hours ago, RES said:

Welcome back, I'm super jealous of your location, always wanted to visit...

Happy to have another runner on board, I never tried zombies run, might give it a shot after I finish the None2Run training program.

Yes, totally give it a go! There's a 0 to 5K version too, but the audio missions aren't that fun 

6 hours ago, She-Hulk said:

WOOOHOO! GO MERA!

I'm so glad your pupper has adjusted well with the move! It was a real worry for my roommate and I when we were moving (and we were only going 20 min away), he hated boxes and bags for the next 6-8 months, haha. 

That's so cool that there's a museum right by you, too!

Oh yah, he definitely has a love hate relationship with boxes. He kept wanting to eat them. So I actually put him with the dog sitter while I was packing. 

On 2/15/2019 at 7:44 PM, Odango said:

Wow! Good luck learning Swedish!

original.gif

(I know Frozen is set in Norway, but this guy totally is a Swedish parody xD)

All I know if fika xD  it sounds beautiful though + being German and a total language Genius, you'll be a star for sure!

So happy that the move wasn't too stressful for your dog! I can tell he's super well cared for :)

Edit: Weeee! Awesome day! You go girl!

Haha, that's pretty much how I feel in Swedish class. :D 

• Like 2

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Week 2 Run 1

Today's mission: run 3km without break. 

Mission accomplished! The cheeky app lets me time my missions by distance, but the only options where 2.9 or 3.4 km, so I even ran a bit further than I needed.

There was some sort of running meet happening in the park and they were all faster than me! But you're only supposed to compete with yourself right, and I was 40s per km faster than on my last run so BAM!

run3.jpg

• Like 2

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

I used to run with the zombies, I mean, FROM the zombies, many moons ago. Then I discovered powerlifting. :P

This thread makes me want to try again though. I never actually uninstalled the app.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Great Reading Thread of 2023

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41

On 2/18/2019 at 10:39 PM, Odango said:

Wow! Awesome progress!!

I love your new title in your signature :D

tenor.gif?itemid=12118901

I should give up giving up though ;)

17 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I used to run with the zombies, I mean, FROM the zombies, many moons ago. Then I discovered powerlifting. :P

This thread makes me want to try again though. I never actually uninstalled the app.....

Ha, I'm glad I've inspired you to come back to Abel. (Gawd, I'm starting to sound like a proper fan girl :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Week 2 Run 2

The Mission: run 20 mins, walk 2 mins, run another 20 mins

Mission accomplished! It was a lovely sunny day today, so I took the dog for a lunch time run in the park. Lots of people out, but we still made great time. Normally I'm at around 10 mins per km with the dog, and we've approved quite a bit from that. Even though my 20 mins running without pause were interspersed by running on the spot while my animal companion took care of important sniffing business. :D

Also passed the 5K mark today. It's been a while since I've run that far..

Screenshot_20190220-132017.jpg

• Like 2

Forever Respawning Rebel

CURRENT CHALLENGE

Wow!! Great stats!!!

8DtcS.gif

PS: it's not giving up, you're just taking breaks :P that's the whole point of respawning after all! (I'd like to stick to this view because I also "take a lot of breaks" xD)

• Like 2

Dancing Sylph - Level 9 Monk/Druid

Former Captain of the Nerdians of the Fitalaxy

Current Challenge

"E quindi uscimmo a riveder le stelle" - We came forth, and once more saw the stars, Dante

On 2/20/2019 at 4:49 PM, Odango said:

PS: it's not giving up, you're just taking breaks :P that's the whole point of respawning after all! (I'd like to stick to this view because I also "take a lot of breaks" xD)

QFT

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: Wrestles her demons 

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 75

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|75|76|77|78|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My Blog |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda