• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

A girl has no challenge theme - Terra

15 hours ago, Terra said:

Last night I went to BJJ class since I missed Monday night.  It was a good class.  There are so many new ladies in the class it makes me very happy!  

But my food choices were not optimal.  I know why (hormone fluctuations suck!) 

Tonight is BJJ and conditioning class.  I'm happy.  Food choices today have been good.  But what about my play goal?  I had forgotten about this goal...  Now I remembered.  OK - fun plans?  Book club is tomorrow night.  I'm actually enjoying the training for my new work.  (lasers, explosives and lightening - Oh my!) This weekend looks to be lovely weather wise and I need to get outside for a hike or something to soak in the sunshine!!!  

source.gif

wow

i'm loving your Job! err, well I think, I love your job.

are you helping someone take over the world?   or just sci-fy affects at a movie studio (wait... that can't be right!- thats all done on a Computer)

anyways, something out of the ordinary is also welcome at work (provided its not TOO stressful). ---

I second your idea on your idea to walk a good hike.  

and if you have , good weather, that sounds Even nicer!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

wow

i'm loving your Job! err, well I think, I love your job.

are you helping someone take over the world?   or just sci-fy affects at a movie studio (wait... that can't be right!- thats all done on a Computer)

anyways, something out of the ordinary is also welcome at work (provided its not TOO stressful). ---

I second your idea on your idea to walk a good hike.  

and if you have , good weather, that sounds Even nicer!

Thanks!  I'm learning to become a Test Engineer for an explosives group at one of the US's national laboratories.   I am hopeful that I enjoy it enough to pursue it as a full time position in the next six months (right now i'm 50%).  Its very hands on engineering work, which is 180 degrees from the analysis and writing that I have been doing for the last 10 years.  

I am most hopeful that the weather will be nice this weekend...  There is a chance of rain but it gets smaller every time I update my weather info.  :D

UPDATE!  

I went to classes last night. They were good classes.  Food choices were good, I ate a small amount of chocolate chips after a fantastic taco salad. I'm looking forward to book club tonight.  

02588_BookClub_Napkin_Flat_WEB.jpg?v=154

• Like 2

Hahaha, your book club pie chart looks exactly like my experience in book clubs too :) I hope it's tons of fun even if it might be a little less than focused!

• Haha 1

:frown-new:

It sputtered snow and rained and the wind blew and the sun came out for a few moments.  All of this combined with the exhaustion of teaching two BJJ classes on Saturday morning = no motivation to get out for a walk.   I also am getting a bloody nose fairly regularly right now.  That wind just sucks any moisture out of the air.  My hands are chalky dry and my nose tends to bleed every other day or so....   UGH those sound like lame excuses!  

After a rough morning I am happy to be at work.  However with my hubby out of town this week I will be running just to keep up with it all.  Titanium Mikey is struggling to give up the crutches and finding out who her real friends are at school.  So lots of stress there.  Baby Black Widow is struggling with the teacher who keeps changing deadlines and all sorts of things in class, making it hard for her to get everything turned in as needed.  And I just want to start doing the fun things at work, but it takes time to transition to these new things.  

So my goals this week are simple: get things ready at night to make mornings easier (this morning was a mess!), eat good food, make classes on MWF and be present for my girls.  Bonus is if I can keep up with the dishes and laundry.  I'm not going to get much of a break this weekend (we teach two classes on Saturday again and have a banquet that we are volunteering at on Sat night) but I can try to eek out a bit of fun along the way.  

• Like 1

isn't funny how to 2 random adults with almost nothing in common can commiserate about how hard it is to keep up with Dishes and Laundry.

even with my wife helping a lot. its still a heck of a task!

Anyways, here is to Transitions--  good things are heading your way.

• Like 1

WOW - this week has flown by.  

I've been busy with the girls and taking care of me too.  But now I'm suffering from a thumb sprain (overuse is the cause) and its slowing me down....  Ive made it to most of my classes, ate pretty good, and I have made all my appointments.  Whew!  But I'm running and tired today.  Just got a meeting cancelation and it made me way too happy. 

My typing sucks and it uber slow.  So this is a short check in today....  

6-74498-mm_mommeme34-1406587192.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:33 AM, Terra said:

It sputtered snow and rained and the wind blew and the sun came out for a few moments.  All of this combined with the exhaustion of teaching two BJJ classes on Saturday morning = no motivation to get out for a walk.   I also am getting a bloody nose fairly regularly right now.  That wind just sucks any moisture out of the air.  My hands are chalky dry and my nose tends to bleed every other day or so....   UGH those sound like lame excuses! 

My brother got me this stuff for Christmas. I think it's really good for dry wind. It sort of insulates your skin but it isn't greasy and didn't make me break out (sunscreen usually does). Not pushing it, but just an idea.

image.png.a544c0ab9439529363e471658d605cbb.png

• Like 1

@Xena It was fairly inexpensive so I'm gonna try it....  

And just like that another challenge has passed....  

I'm not sure I'm accomplishing much of anything these days...  I really need to take a hard look at my food and fix things.  I can do better!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terra said:

I'm not sure I'm accomplishing much of anything these days

I think you are probably accomplishing lot. Maybe you don't have the time and energy do to MOAR or change what you are already doing, but you are doing a lot.