Jump to content

Miss Marissa idk let's not do a creative title


miss_marissa

Recommended Posts

Hi.

 

This is a few days late because I was going through a particularly rough pad of SAD and coming up with goals seemed daunting. Today the sun is shining and I had a nice Galentines day kicking it breakfast style this morning, so I have improved out of my slump a bit. Shall we?

636085487491856413-1147298337_6360854874

 

As the first challenge of the year has shown, goals fall into 5 categories

  • Health
  • Environment
  • Relationships
  • Mindfulness
  • Work & Volunteering

 

Goal #1: Health

Food journaling has been going well, but I have a habit of not writing everything down until the end of the day. Food journaling will continue, but checkmarks will be awarded if I write down what I eat WITHIN 1 hour of consuming! (obviously there are exceptions, but in general this should happen).

 

Goal #2: Environment

No dirty dishes will sit overnight. I was trying something last few weeks and it hasn't worked and it's stressing me out. So now all dishes must be cleaned before bed. Clean sink at night. 

 

Goal #3: Mindfulness

Finish 1 book and 12 comic issues by March 2. (This is my challenge end date due to my travel)

 

Bonus goal) Learn a minuscule amount of Arabic and/or French

In a few weeks I will be travelling to a country where the primary language is Arabic. I will have people around me who are natives and speak the language, however, I believe learning a few phrases like "please", "thank you", "bathroom", "water" etc will be super helpful for me to attempt to not be totally clumsy. No milestones or anything associated with this, just try not to act a fool.

UnequaledSkinnyCoot-small.gif

 

Tracking will look like this

Week 1:

Food log: 

Sink: 

Language: 

 

Book: 

Comics:   

  • Like 10

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment

HAPPY BELATED GALENTINE'S DAY, SIS.

  • Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
44 minutes ago, raptron said:

HAPPY BELATED GALENTINE'S DAY, SIS.

 

I thought this was a typo, but then I googled it. Wheee, friendship and waffles!

 

16 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Bonus goal) Learn a minuscule amount of Arabic and/or French

In a few weeks I will be travelling to a country where the primary language is Arabic. I will have people around me who are natives and speak the language, however, I believe learning a few phrases like "please", "thank you", "bathroom", "water" etc will be super helpful for me to attempt to not be totally clumsy. No milestones or anything associated with this, just try not to act a fool.

 

This is cool. It will be neat not to rely on others to translate every tiny thing. What's the French for?

  • Like 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment
21 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I thought this was a typo, but then I googled it. Wheee, friendship and waffles!

haha! if you want to learn about small town American politics in a hilarious way, there's no better place to start than with Parks and Rec

  • Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment
On 2/13/2019 at 5:41 PM, Grumble said:

Miss Marissa Watcher Her Language. I'm here to help.

 

Also, glad that the sun is out, even if it it's still butt ash cold where you are.

Snow was melty today. It kept sliding off the roof right in front of my office window and was startling every time.

 

8 hours ago, raptron said:

HAPPY BELATED GALENTINE'S DAY, SIS.

SAMESIES

 

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

I thought this was a typo, but then I googled it. Wheee, friendship and waffles!

 

 

This is cool. It will be neat not to rely on others to translate every tiny thing. What's the French for?

French is the other language primarily spoken where I am going.

Galentines day is only the best day ever!

 

7 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

haha! if you want to learn about small town American politics in a hilarious way, there's no better place to start than with Parks and Rec

^true. 

 

5 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

You and your fancy meteorological terminology..

 

AND ANATOMY TERMINOLOGY.

 

 

There are goals now. 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment
On 2/13/2019 at 3:38 PM, miss_marissa said:

 

 

Goal #3: Mindfulness

Finish 1 book and 12 comic issues by March 2. (This is my challenge end date due to my travel)

 

 

 

Ooooo. Here for the comics. I'm in need of new material to read while I await the release of a couple of volumes later this year.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Link to comment

2/14 - 17

I did much relaxing this weekend and not much of else. I finished "Bling Ring" by Nancy Jo Sales and started and finished "Hunger" by Roxane Gay both for the Read Harder challenge. As well as a trade of SAGA. Contributing fairly to my reading goal. The rest of the weekend was much laziness. 

 

I did manage Friday morning crossfit and Saturday morning squat session.

Friday am WOD, 20 min AMRAP, I managed 2 rounds because I suck at double unders:

60m plate pushx15kg

600 m row

60 sit ups

60 double unders

 

Saturday 5x5 squats at 65kg

banded pullups, zercher squats, BSS, and 1 leg RDLs. 

Felt good to just fucking lift and not do any crossfit crap for once.

 

Week 1:

Food log: ☐☐☐☑☑☑

Sink: ☐☐☐☐

Language: ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

 

Book: 

Comics: ☑☑☑☑ ☑☑ ☐☐☐

  • Like 6

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment

So you're doing crossfit AND lifting? How different from lifting is crossfit? I have heard that they use some barbell moves and that the people who do it get pretty fit.

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

Zerchers are bad ass moves. And you can do them from the bottom if you want to have a little fun with the movement. 

I always say zercher like dundundundunddundundun BEZERCHER BEZERCHER.

 

Nice weekend  full of books and squats. :)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Harriet said:

So you're doing crossfit AND lifting? How different from lifting is crossfit? I have heard that they use some barbell moves and that the people who do it get pretty fit.

 In a sentence: Crossfit is designed so you can come in 5th place in any type of physical competition. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

Link to comment

Ooh, that reading challenge looks interesting.  Although I have a waaaaaaay too big pile to get through already!  Maybe I could get to a position to start it by mid-2020...

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Link to comment
15 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

Zerchers are bad ash moves. And you can do them from the bottom if you want to have a little fun with the movement. 

love how they just tear up my core and not so much how they tear up my elbow pits

 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

So you're doing crossfit AND lifting? How different from lifting is crossfit? I have heard that they use some barbell moves and that the people who do it get pretty fit.

They used to have a lot better explanation on the website of "what is crossfit" but the founder guy has super changed a lot of things about crossfit over the past year or so, so it's very different and I'm not sure that it exists anymore. I think the overall premise of crossfit is making you "athletic" whereas lifting is more getting strong and/or building muscle. Crossfit includes lifting(barbells, kettlebells, etc) but also lots of things like running, rowing, gymnastics moves, bodyweight moves, jump rope, etc contained within a 1 hour class. So you are working on strength, flexibility, agility, balance, etc. The classes I go to are typically group warmup, skill work and/or strength work, then finisher or WOD (workout of the day). Skill work is things like handstands, muscle ups, pistol squats etc and strength work is things like olympic lifting or powerlifting, other lifts (like kettlebell stuff, lunges, single arm presses etc - a lot of what powerlifters use as accessories), pullups, L-sits etc. Finisher is usually combine a handful of movements and typically takes 1 of 2 forms: As Many Reps As Possible (AMRAP) in XX minutes or a prescribed workout to finish As Fast As Possible (AFAP). Also paging @Rurik Harrgath because he's been doing crossfit a lot longer than I have and likes it more, so he may have some insight I might have missed.

 

When I lift I go to open gym time at my crossfit gym. My gym also has olympic lifting specific classes which I like to do (more than crossfit)

 

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

 In a sentence: Crossfit is designed so you can come in 5th place in any type of physical competition. 

lol true tho

 

2/18

Tried out the bars at gymnastics because NEW PIT BAR FINALLY ARRIVED WOO HOO!!!

celebrated with some flyaways I haven't done in months. Then putzed around with aerials and lots of stretching. Handstands are still no go. 

 

Tuesday AM workout:

weighted planks, flexed arm hanging knee raises, KB windmills, Walking 1-leg RDLS

WOD: 12 min AMRAP - managed 3 rounds + 217

250 m row

25 double unders (I did 50 jumps in place because the spinning bothered my wrist)

25 overhead ball slams with 30# ball

 

Week 2:

Food log: ☐☐☐☐☐

Sink: ☐☐☐☐☐☐

Language: ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

 

Book: 

Comics: ☑☑☑☑ ☑☑ ☐☐☐

 

11 minutes ago, Big_Show said:

Ooh, that reading challenge looks interesting.  Although I have a waaaaaaay too big pile to get through already!  Maybe I could get to a position to start it by mid-2020...

I bet many in your list already fall into some of those categories.

  • Like 6

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment

Pit barrr! So jeals. 

 

Sorry your wrist is still being a brat.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment
20 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

They used to have a lot better explanation on the website of "what is crossfit" but the founder guy has super changed a lot of things about crossfit over the past year or so, so it's very different and I'm not sure that it exists anymore. I think the overall premise of crossfit is making you "athletic" whereas lifting is more getting strong and/or building muscle. Crossfit includes lifting(barbells, kettlebells, etc) but also lots of things like running, rowing, gymnastics moves, bodyweight moves, jump rope, etc contained within a 1 hour class. So you are working on strength, flexibility, agility, balance, etc. The classes I go to are typically group warmup, skill work and/or strength work, then finisher or WOD (workout of the day). Skill work is things like handstands, muscle ups, pistol squats etc and strength work is things like olympic lifting or powerlifting, other lifts (like kettlebell stuff, lunges, single arm presses etc - a lot of what powerlifters use as accessories), pullups, L-sits etc. Finisher is usually combine a handful of movements and typically takes 1 of 2 forms: As Many Reps As Possible (AMRAP) in XX minutes or a prescribed workout to finish As Fast As Possible (AFAP). Also paging @Rurik Harrgath because he's been doing crossfit a lot longer than I have and likes it more, so he may have some insight I might have missed.


That sounds pretty tough. If they added fire-starting, CPR and archery, you'd be prepared for anything! 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let cheese and oxen and mead crowd out our secret desires for power and domination - Harriet the viking

Just be bold, fluid and unapologetic, not small, hairy and indecisive - Harriet the artist

Link to comment

2/19-2/20

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and she took a look at my wrist and clunked something back into place. My forearm muscles are seriously sore now. Her theory is I sprained a ligament and a bone went out of place. She thinks there potentially may be a hairline fracture, but it is hard to tell (no swelling or bruising, no pain w/ many movements). I felt almost some immediate relief (but still some soreness where I had been). If I don't have relief over the next day I am going to get an x-ray just to verify. Took it easy from the gym today because my forearm muscles are working v. hard.

 

Did not clean the sink last night. I asked for Mr. J to help with this one by stating my goal and then asking if he can help by putting his dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink. Came home to a sink full of dishes. Irritated.

 

Week 2:

Food log: ☑☑☑☐☐☐

Sink: ☐☐☐☐☐

Language: ☐☐☐☐☐☐☐

 

Book: 

Comics: ☑☑☑☑ ☑☑ ☐☐☐

  • Like 3

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Did not clean the sink last night. I asked for Mr. J to help with this one by stating my goal and then asking if he can help by putting his dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink. Came home to a sink full of dishes. Irritated.

That's frustrating.

giphy.gif

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
15 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

2/19-2/20

I went to the chiropractor yesterday and she took a look at my wrist and clunked something back into place. My forearm muscles are seriously sore now. Her theory is I sprained a ligament and a bone went out of place. She thinks there potentially may be a hairline fracture, but it is hard to tell (no swelling or bruising, no pain w/ many movements). I felt almost some immediate relief (but still some soreness where I had been). If I don't have relief over the next day I am going to get an x-ray just to verify. Took it easy from the gym today because my forearm muscles are working v. hard.

Hope it sticks and feels better soon.

 

15 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Did not clean the sink last night. I asked for Mr. J to help with this one by stating my goal and then asking if he can help by putting his dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink. Came home to a sink full of dishes. Irritated.

Womppp.

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to comment

ooo. not a fun coupla days. i would be very irritated too. i even took away my "like" because i was irritated for you.

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

Link to comment
10 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Did not clean the sink last night. I asked for Mr. J to help with this one by stating my goal and then asking if he can help by putting his dishes in the dishwasher instead of the sink. Came home to a sink full of dishes. Irritated.

 

Ummmm... note to self: Do not do this to Husband again... 

  • Haha 2

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines