Sneezing

I was reading an article the other day on how to sneeze “correctly” (yes, really!) and wondered to myself, does anyone else sneeze the same way as me?  

The reason I say this is that for as long as I can remember I’ve been sneezing without opening my mouth or blasting saliva all over everyone/thing, I simply sneeze through my nose (no spray comes out, I promise!).  I literally don’t even know how to sneeze “normally” anymore as I’ve been sneezing this way most of my life. 

I’m not sure if there’s any risks attached to sneezing this way (they say you can injure yourself holding in a sneeze, is that what I’m doing? I don’t know).  I can’t say I’ve ever hurt myself, but I’d be interested in hearing any views on the topic. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I do that when in enclosed spaces and in company, buuut it probably isnt a great idea.. given that a sneeze can travel up to 100mph or so the pressure that is built up to get it to that speed is prolly best released via a big valve. forcing it through the smaller nasal passages might in time have a negative effect, or be detrimental in cases were there already is weakened tissue... er... what on earth am i talking about... ?

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

I do both. Larger sneezes = mouth open. Small sneezes = mouth closed. Or, if I feel it coming I can keep my mouth closed. If it’s out of nowhere, mouth open. But I didn’t realize there is a “correct” aside from doing into your inner elbow.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

I had minor dental surgery once (extracted a deep rooted upper wisdom tooth) and they said don't try to suppress sneezes or close your mouth when you sneeze for a couple weeks.  Cause, the pressure might blow a nasal fistula. 

I was very careful of that little hole in my head until it healed.  Don't want an opening between my nasal cavity and my mouth!  Ewwww.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Oh, wow! I wish I could control sneezes to any degree.  The best I can do is bury it in clothing.  If I tried to keep my mouth closed I expect I'd pop an eardrum or possible an eye ball.  :highly_amused:

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1