• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike_KnightofHearts

Don't Tape Me Bro! Chin Up Competition: Mike Vs. Jim

Don't Tape Me Bro!

The Knight of Hearts (Mike) VS. The Beast (Jim Bathurst)

Chin Up Battle

I’d love for you to follow this topic as a spectator and to cheer for the dude you want to win--Mike the underdog of course--as this challenge advances.

Do more of these :

ring-chin-up1-e1448023283780.jpg.c44b7ac3a23602d7d1ef95bb08f48249.jpg

or end up like this mwahhaha!: 

source.gif.d68e0891136609405e950eaab0ded5f5.gif

Goal: Achieve the highest chin up reps. 

Reward: Victor gets bragging rights and saves themselves from much public embarrassment.

Punishment: the defeated must do the duct tape challenge. The video of the duct taping and announcement of their defeat must be posted in;

• This Topic.
  • The Nerd Fitness Men's Academy Facebook page.
  • The Rings and Handstands Facebook page.

Bonus! Victor holds the rights to the video and may share as they please mwahahah!

Rules

• chin-ups may be performed on whatever schedule works best for each opponent
  • A link to a video of their max chin-ups for the week must be posted in this forum every Wednesday.
  • On March 10, each competitor will post the link to their final video of them doing their max chin-ups. The competitor with the most clean chin-ups is the victor.

Start Date: 2/19/2019

End Date: 3/10/2019

May the strongest man win!

• Like 2

I'm still working my way up to my first chin up, so I can't join :(  Hope you do find someone else to play with though :) 

Glad you’re interested! I’m willing to be flexible if we needed to modify to individual goals for you to challenge me. If I don’t get any takers soon, I’ll reach out to you about that. Regardless come back as a spectator to watch the challenge progress and spread the word.

(Copied from Rings and Handstands Facebook page)

Fin aka Mike: “Jim Bathurst  r u interested? you’d almost certainly own me, but I’d take on the challenge and give my all if you wanted to give it a shot. I am nothing if not determined. Just throwing it out there.”

Jim: “Michael Gray here's my early submission

Mike: “And this is my response to your early submission: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PDGo12xAHVfsaXeN6

My audio cut out in the end but I’m saying I’m game to work hard to catch up and challenge you if you accept. Do you accept the challenge?”

Jim Bathurst Nice work man! At the end of my last clean rep, I've been holding at the top for 10 sec, then the middle for 10 sec, then the bottom (arms still flexed) for 10, then bar hang for 10. That sure as heck builds up the endurance!

Also, last name is pronounced like "bath""hurst" as in take a bath. ;)
Manage

· Reply · 4h
Michael Gray
Michael Gray Jim Bathurst ah thanks man. I’ll apply some of those tips. So, even though the odds are against me, I’d be honored if you’d take the challenge. I’m a determined lil guy and may surprise you. What do you say? Will you be my first 1v1 challenger?
Manage

· Reply · 4h
Jim Bathurst
Jim Bathurst Sure!
I've been working on climbing up my chinups

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

Best of luck! Make sure you take care of those elbows. :)

Thanks! I never thought about my elbows lol. They got roughed up wrestling last week...oh do you mean because I'm bending them to do the chin ups? Gotcha. Yeah man, keep rooting for me! Jim doesn't need any encouragement lol.

Yooooooo

Stopping by to root on a local Nerd! I'm actually working on ring rows right now to get my elbows unwhack, but can't wait to see how you do! Rock out!

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Yooooooo

Stopping by to root on a local Nerd! I'm actually working on ring rows right now to get my elbows unwhack, but can't wait to see how you do! Rock out!

Awesome! Thanks bro! Are you doing regular ring rows or the false grip ones? What'd you do to your elbow?

8 minutes ago, Mike_KnightofHearts said:

Awesome! Thanks bro! Are you doing regular ring rows or the false grip ones? What'd you do to your elbow?

Regular rows right now but with an emphasis on rotation from pronation to neutral. I picked up a case of golfer's elbow, and while the pull ups didn't cause it I've been working regressions to strengthen that whole area up.

False grips... some day. :)

1 minute ago, Kishi said:

Regular rows right now but with an emphasis on rotation from pronation to neutral. I picked up a case of golfer's elbow, and while the pull ups didn't cause it I've been working regressions to strengthen that whole area up.

False grips... some day. :)

I had to look up pronation to neutra lol. Good plan.

• Like 1

So I just figured out that this topic belongs under PVP. Too late! It was funny because I thought the PVP was divided by class so that’s why I posted here and I was like...it’s mostly  personal goal setting...I wonder if I’m in the right place? I read the forum rules and all that but just didn’t put together that the four week challenge isn’t all PVP. I now understand! I’ve moved the whole post to PVP and will update there. Thanks for your patience my Assassin friends!

So to increase chin ups I’ve been focusing on increasing total volume throughout the day. Wed I did 75 total chin-ups, Thurs was 100, Fri was 125. Today is a rest day. Tomorrow I’m going to aim for 50-75 but with 10 second holds after every 5 reps.