• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'll have to update my numbers later, but right now I'm training for a fall half marathon, and with an awesome running community I'm going to have plenty of chances to lower some of these numbers

1 mile 5:55

5k 20:15

10k I haven't done one in years

Half marathon 1:36:44

Marathon Wineglass 2014

Hi everyone

Great idea!

Added my half time. First attempt was in training and second was the actual race in Sleaford, Lincolnshire this Feb. I was more than chuffed about the time difference!

Any advice on Paleo fuel during long runs?

Hi everyone

Great idea!

Added my half time. First attempt was in training and second was the actual race in Sleaford, Lincolnshire this Feb. I was more than chuffed about the time difference!

Any advice on Paleo fuel during long runs?

I've had success with dried pineapple, nuts and cheese. A mate of mine eats coconut oil straight from the jar. A few carbs definitely won't hurt either. I know a few people who go for bean burritos with corn tortillas, which give carbs and complete proteins. Try a few things out and see what works for you.

Yeah making my debut on the 10km board with todays run of 49:33

So happy to have finally cracked 50 mins  :onthego:

I have a race in 2 weeks too so fingers crossed for that!

A wild swimming druid hath come in and added 1/2 mile(800m) and full mile(1600m) tabs to the google docs spreadsheet to track.  Alas sed druid forgot his watch with all his time data to fill in.   D'oH!

I'll add my times too!

Anyone up for ultra-times! 50k, 50 miles, 100k, 100 miles.

Ok I have not done all those myself but gotta have goals!

Hammlin and I have done an accidental ultra!

Accidental ultra?! That needs some explanation!

So... we signed up and ran the Texas Marathon which started in a park type thing. Well, the police officer leading the elite runners out of the park followed the 5k route out and not the Full route, and it added roughly 1.5 miles to the full. Reports were anywhere from 27.4-27.9

So yeah...

Got my times up there now :D

Wow, fantastic times, Kruser!  Pretty cool to just slip right into first place on so many sheets!

I really admire your speed - sure wish I had some!

Thanks! Mix in some tempo and speed work runs once or twice a week and it will come!

Yep, last year when I was more focused on speed, I was a bit faster. This year I've been pretty focused on gaining some upper body strength and my running speeds have reflected divided focus.  However, this morning I did my best mile of the summer: 7:11 - totally delighted to get that!

Yep, last year when I was more focused on speed, I was a bit faster. This year I've been pretty focused on gaining some upper body strength and my running speeds have reflected divided focus.  However, this morning I did my best mile of the summer: 7:11 - totally delighted to get that!

Fantastic! That's awesome and definitely deserves a WOOT!

Thanks, Kruser! 

Doing a 10k on Saturday - if I hit my target, I should be in the top 10 for my age group. Not nearly so fun as winning the age group in the 5k last year, but I wanted to improve my PR for a 10k with a serious effort. Fingers are crossed!

Just noticed this. Posted my stuff. I'm sidelined from running right now due to recovery from hernia surgery (see the "high-incline" thread below), but should be back out there in a couple more weeks or so.

So... we signed up and ran the Texas Marathon which started in a park type thing. Well, the police officer leading the elite runners out of the park followed the 5k route out and not the Full route, and it added roughly 1.5 miles to the full. Reports were anywhere from 27.4-27.9

So yeah...

Something similar happened at a marathon in Chicago in 2005. (I have no involvement, but it made the news.)