I'll have to update my numbers later, but right now I'm training for a fall half marathon, and with an awesome running community I'm going to have plenty of chances to lower some of these numbers

1 mile 5:55

5k 20:15

10k I haven't done one in years

Half marathon 1:36:44

Marathon Wineglass 2014

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Hi everyone

Great idea!

Added my half time. First attempt was in training and second was the actual race in Sleaford, Lincolnshire this Feb. I was more than chuffed about the time difference!

Any advice on Paleo fuel during long runs?

I've had success with dried pineapple, nuts and cheese. A mate of mine eats coconut oil straight from the jar. A few carbs definitely won't hurt either. I know a few people who go for bean burritos with corn tortillas, which give carbs and complete proteins. Try a few things out and see what works for you.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

A wild swimming druid hath come in and added 1/2 mile(800m) and full mile(1600m) tabs to the google docs spreadsheet to track.  Alas sed druid forgot his watch with all his time data to fill in.   D'oH!

200-Hour Yoga Teacher & Reiki II Practitioner

Level 2 Gnome Druid STR: 9 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

Challenge Progress  ||  Workout Progress  ||  FitBit

The problem with life is that there is no background music

Accidental ultra?! That needs some explanation!

So... we signed up and ran the Texas Marathon which started in a park type thing. Well, the police officer leading the elite runners out of the park followed the 5k route out and not the Full route, and it added roughly 1.5 miles to the full. Reports were anywhere from 27.4-27.9

So yeah...

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Woot!  I'm on the board!  Third place for the 10-mile distance after my first attempt today.  I'm so stoked. 

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Woot!  I'm on the board!  Third place for the 10-mile distance after my first attempt today. (1:30:04) I'm so stoked. 

missrackl

Level 1 Rebel Reboot

Activities: cycling, running, snowshoeing

Fandoms: Rick and Morty, LotR, Thursday Next, Star Wars (of course!)

Goals: 1) Keep on running, 2) Eat on diet, 3) Read a book

Thanks! Mix in some tempo and speed work runs once or twice a week and it will come!

Yep, last year when I was more focused on speed, I was a bit faster. This year I've been pretty focused on gaining some upper body strength and my running speeds have reflected divided focus.  However, this morning I did my best mile of the summer: 7:11 - totally delighted to get that!

M2M

- Do something everyday!

First challenge: Avoiding the Demons of Autumn

Yep, last year when I was more focused on speed, I was a bit faster. This year I've been pretty focused on gaining some upper body strength and my running speeds have reflected divided focus.  However, this morning I did my best mile of the summer: 7:11 - totally delighted to get that!

Fantastic! That's awesome and definitely deserves a WOOT!

Kruser

Fleet Footed Wood Elf

SCOUT

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 5 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 0

So... we signed up and ran the Texas Marathon which started in a park type thing. Well, the police officer leading the elite runners out of the park followed the 5k route out and not the Full route, and it added roughly 1.5 miles to the full. Reports were anywhere from 27.4-27.9

So yeah...

Something similar happened at a marathon in Chicago in 2005. (I have no involvement, but it made the news.)

Is this still active?

Level 1 Norse-Gael Minotaur driscool of the Valley of the Arroyomalhuele, otherwise Paradise Keep, otherwise the House of the Clan Huracan. 

me or the future: who blinks first?

STR 4 | STA 4  | CON 3 | WIS 3 | DEX 1