• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman - Better late then never!

So I pretty much bailed on last challenge. Things were not working out, I let it get to me. I just got caught up in mental crap. I did however still do some of the stuff. I was running still, and eating Keto. I just was having a hard time getting back here. I was pretty pumped to get back into it this challenge period when I got hit with whatever flu like garbage is going around. The last two to three weeks have been horrible. I even stopped my food tracking. I still think I mostly ate Keto, but I have been polishing off some peanut butter like it is going out of style ;)

So anyhow, I wanted to get some kind of challenge posted up, and not just let my brain get in the way.

Now I try to ease myself back into this. Get the basics running again.

Goal#1 - Track Foods

I need to get back to 100% tracking of my foods again. I need to check my numbers, but I have a decent idea of where I need to be calorie wise. I want to make sure I am strict under 20 net carbs again.

Goal#2 - Sleep

I haven't been doing very well with getting to bed at a decent time. Even with being so sick. Time to get back into my routine. 10:30 PM off the computer to read. 11:30 PM off too bed. There is one night during the week that I do stay up late to game with some friends, so Saturday nights, I will let that happen still. At least some.

Goal#3 - Walk/Run

I was just about to break into Week 5 of C25k before I went out with that sickness. I am still not 100%, and just walking a bit today has drained me. I might still try running this week, I might just walk this week, and add running back in next week. Either way, time for me to get back to this 6/7 days. One day for rest ;)

That is pretty much it. I've been spending a lot of time in the car waiting all day for my son at school. Saving on gas money. So there is no go home and do things. I should have time to make it here to post, and walk.

Anyhow, sorry I bailed out last challenge. Hopefully, I can be here a lot more this time, and get myself back in the game!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tateman said:

I've been spending a lot of time in the car waiting all day for my son at school.

If you know when he's going to get out, can you walk a bit while waiting for him? I used to walk around the school track waiting for my kids - even around the whole school a few laps!

• Like 1

Welcome back. Its good to see you.

How far is the school from the house?

It looks like you have a good plan in place. I am sure you will do great getting back on track.

15 hours ago, Mahalak said:

If you know when he's going to get out, can you walk a bit while waiting for him? I used to walk around the school track waiting for my kids - even around the whole school a few laps!

I usually drop him off in the morning, then walk for 3 miles or so. Then I hang in the car. I was going for a second walk before I get him from school normally too if I needed. Depends if I have bowling later in the night, or if I did c25k too. :)

15 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Welcome back. Its good to see you.

How far is the school from the house?

It looks like you have a good plan in place. I am sure you will do great getting back on track.

about 14 miles. We use to live about a mile away. Technically when we moved, we should have transferred to a closer school. Just the one he is in now, has been great with his autism and adhd issues. So we don't really want to leave the district. 

Yesterday went ok. I am still not feeling that well. I did track everything. I got in one walk in the morning, and bowled. During bowling, my voice was going out. One teammate said "Wow, you are sounding really hoarse right now" haha. I did stay up later (and didn't read), but I did get to bed earlier then I have been recently.

I hoped to maybe try running, but I just don't feel ready yet. Even walking this morning was a bit of a struggle. Will have to see how the day shapes up. I am hoping this stuff clears up soon!

• Like 1

Last week wasn't the best. I am getting back into it though. I wold track fine, but during the night I was having eating attacks. I wouldn't track. Sleep I haven't been reading, but did start getting to bed earlier. Still not exactly when I should be though. I also still felt too off to get out and run/walk. I did some walking at least.

This week is much better so far. Struggling on the sleep a little still. Last night I started falling asleep, then woke up and couldn't quite get back to sleep. Brain just going full speed.

Monday, I went out and ran. I went back to week 3 of the couch to 5 k app. I hadn't run for 3 weeks, so I figured I need to roll back a bit. I tracked everything I ate. Then at bowling this happened:

q4yRdpll.jpg

My second ever perfect game :) of course, the other games were no so great haha

aKofWsUl.jpg

Still perfect game :) Facebook link to the video my teammate shot of my last ball. 

I was so lucky that last ball.

Tuesday went ok, but I didn't walk. I did track everything.

Today I did get out for a run. Even with a massive headache and it raining, PLus I felt much better after I got it in :)

• Like 1

WOW, that is great that you got the 300. When I use to bowl in high school, I saw a number of "near things" but only one 300 and the whole alley shut down to watch.  That is very awesome.

How do you feel the challenge went overall.

My little half challenge was ok. I did improve over where I was, but I also had that feeling of "It doesn't really matter" too much. Now I have to make the new challenge, and actually mean it :)