• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zaethe

Eat Like You Love Yourself!

I figured an accountabilibuddy thread would be a great place to keep track of all the delicious things!  

Eat like you love yourself is really simple, it's about trying a new recipe you want to try once a week.  That's it!

The rules are just as simple!  It has to be healthy, and it has to be something YOU want to make/eat!  Doesn't matter how pretty it comes out, it matters that you did it!  Tried a new thing!  Yay!

So once a week, pick your recipe, let us know what it is!  Then share once you've made it, tell us whether it's good or not, and if you recommend it!  

Tasty new experiences await!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

Can I play too?  I need to get back into cooking mode, and this would be the perfect motivation

Everyone can play!  The more the merrier, and more chance of finding more delicious things :D 

• Like 3

Getting in on the ground floor cause tomorrow is grocery day so I spent like an hour trawling through tasty things, and I really want to try making this Vegan Rasta Pasta.  1) It looks amazing, 2) I need to experiment with more things, and vegan dishes are something I don't try very much at all, and 3)  It's called RASTA PASTA.  (I like things that rhyme)

So once I make it, pictures will be inbound!

• Like 3

Following. I may try to add a recipe here or there. Not this week since the week is already set food wise, but I can start next week. I may not get pictures up, but I can post recipes and my thoughts on how it went.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dalish said:

Getting in on the ground floor cause tomorrow is grocery day so I spent like an hour trawling through tasty things, and I really want to try making this Vegan Rasta Pasta.  1) It looks amazing, 2) I need to experiment with more things, and vegan dishes are something I don't try very much at all, and 3)  It's called RASTA PASTA.  (I like things that rhyme)

So once I make it, pictures will be inbound!

Holy shit that looks so good. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fleaball said:

Holy shit that looks so good. 

It so does!  ANd nice and simple too!  I can totally get behind "chuck it in a pan" type things :D 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dalish said:

It so does!  ANd nice and simple too!  I can totally get behind "chuck it in a pan" type things :D 

Omg yes. All these recipes that need a half dozen pans and everything cooks at a different temperature and each ingredient has to be prepped differently... fuck that. 

• Like 2

For the record, my first creation will probably happen late next week. I had a rough time this week and we’re getting not one but two snowstorms in the next 3 days, so grocery shopping for new food has not been a thing I can do. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fleaball said:

For the record, my first creation will probably happen late next week. I had a rough time this week and we’re getting not one but two snowstorms in the next 3 days, so grocery shopping for new food has not been a thing I can do. 

Life happens :)  no worries!  It'll be a tasty creation, and those are worth a wait!

• Like 1

I finally got my food for this week done

I made Chicken Fried Rice and Coleslaw.

The rice was made by taking some leftover egg fried rice from a few days ago and throwing it in a wok and heating it up with some spices (salt, parsley, rosemary, coriander, turmeric and cumin) and added in some chicken that I threw into the instantpot with with 2 cups of water, some salt, pepper and rosemary.   I chopped the chicken into smallish bits before throwing it into the rice and stirred until thoroughly heated.

For the coleslaw, I took the original recipe (1/2 head of shredded cabbage, 1 shredded carrot, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp white sugar) and added in a glug of lime juice, 2 glops of honey and a medium handful of raisins.  Then because I was feeling fancy AF (and because I happened to have some handy) I threw in a small handful each of dried blueberries, craisins and mashed up pecans.

It was tasty enough, but not spectacular.  I took a picture amd have been trying to upload it all day, but no luck.  Y'all will just have to use your imagination

• Like 3

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I finally got my food for this week done

I made Chicken Fried Rice and Coleslaw.

The rice was made by taking some leftover egg fried rice from a few days ago and throwing it in a wok and heating it up with some spices (salt, parsley, rosemary, coriander, turmeric and cumin) and added in some chicken that I threw into the instantpot with with 2 cups of water, some salt, pepper and rosemary.   I chopped the chicken into smallish bits before throwing it into the rice and stirred until thoroughly heated.

For the coleslaw, I took the original recipe (1/2 head of shredded cabbage, 1 shredded carrot, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 tbsp white vinegar, 1 tbsp white sugar) and added in a glug of lime juice, 2 glops of honey and a medium handful of raisins.  Then because I was feeling fancy AF (and because I happened to have some handy) I threw in a small handful each of dried blueberries, craisins and mashed up pecans.

It was tasty enough, but not spectacular.  I took a picture amd have been trying to upload it all day, but no luck.  Y'all will just have to use your imagination

Sounds good! :) 

• Like 1

And here's mine for the week!

Spice wise it was good, more of a slow creeping burn than an "I'll blow your mouth off" kind of heat.  Though I could absolutely see myself fiddling with a seasoning mix for a non spicy version.  I added peas because I wanted more colour and flavours in the mix, but other than that I stuck to the recipe.

All in all it went down real nice, and I enjoyed it.  It's not on my top ten favourites of all time, but it's definitely gonna become a semi-regular dish on my recipe list I think!

• Like 3

So I got 2 new recipes this week.

Okay, Hubby cooked them due to timing, but at least I tried new things.

For breakfast I had this this week.  Blueberry oatmeal cups.  https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/baked-blueberry-oatmeal-cups/  They are okay. They are a bit too moist after being kept it the fridge, but I microwave it for about 30 seconds and they are much better. Sorry for the link, the link buttons not working.

My lunch has been Chicken tomatillo soup which is  a slowcooker thing, but we used frozen tomatillos instead. Not bad, I have added some mexican cheese, cut fresh onion and cilantro when I eat it. Otherwise, its doesn't have much going on texture wise. Its pretty good but I need to remember to shred the chicken a bit smaller.

https://www.bhg.com/recipe/chicken/tomatillo-chicken-soup/

I finally got to post. Yay.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, fleaball said:

The universe does not want me cooking, y’all. D:

Take care of yourself first, everything comes in time, and this will still be here when you're feeling better 

• Like 1

I made some lasagna this week.  It didn't look very pretty but it was good.

I fried up some diced onions in some olive oil and garlic powder until soft, and then added some ground beef until browned.  Then I dumped in 4 cans of stewed tomatoes and let it simmer until the tomatoes started to disintegrate.  I then added some spices (Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, and Oregano) and then turned off the heat.  I scooped in a layer of sauce, and then a layer of lasagna noodles and then a layer of shredded/crumbled cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan) and did 3 layers of each.  Cooked at 350f for 1 hour.

• Like 2