It's overdue.

I am starting fresh again.

Things I have learned over the years:

Routine is my friend

Change can derail me hard

The state of my home either reflects or impacts my mental state

Music makes all the difference

I can lean on others for help

I am creating this battle log as a diary, a journal, a place to announce to the world that I am here.

I don't have measurements, my tape measure is in a box somewhere.  This will come soon.

But I have my weight: 270 lbs

My target: 150-160 lbs

To give me a starting point: https://www.lifespanfitness.com/fitness/resources/weight-loss-calculator ; https://www.lifespanfitness.com/fitness/resources/calories-calculator

Data entered tells me this:

Start Today: 2/26/2019

Difficulty: Easy-ish

Days to goal of 150lbs: 682 or January 8, 2021

Cut: 338 Calories per Day

Add: 30 minutes moderate or 19 minutes vigorous activity every day.

To Maintain Weight: 2389 Calories

Goal Calories based on cut above: 2051 Calories per day

Barnes and Noble has delivered some journals I ordered for home, finance, and self.  Writing things down helps me remember.

In addition to aiming for weight loss, I am working on myself and my home.

As stated above, my home is impacted by and can impact me negatively or positively.

Right now, it's a little in limbo land because we moved and still have boxes everywhere.  That needs to change sooner rather than later.

For working on myself, I plan to see a therapist.  Right now, that is hard due to solo parenting through the work week.  But my husband will have a schedule change starting early to mid March that will allow me greater flexibility as he will be home.

And because I am already focusing on so much, let's add 1 more item: budgeting.  I need to budget calories and I need to budget money.

On the plus side, being that my home is in the process of being unpacked and organized, this is a great opportunity to transform the whole apartment into my "bat-cave".

So, I have my unicorn tracker.  Yes, it is a notebook with a unicorn on it that has a Must Do List, Want to do List, Who to Call, Exercise, Outfit, and Water tracker on each page.  I'm loving this little thing.

I'm also loving my kids for keeping me active so far this week. 1 hour of shoveling + 30 minutes at a trampoline park on Monday; Tuesday - 30 minutes at the trampoline park again.

Hoping to use the indoor basketball hoop or gym at the apartment tonight.

It feels so good to be exerting myself physically.

My writing challenge is in progress and my son gave me a fantastic idea that will be incorporated into it.