Hey folks!

Not quite sure of all what I should say here. I'm Kára (subject to change, I'm trying it on), 28, a trans woman from Manchester, UK. This looks like a really cool community, so I figured I'd give this a try.

About me personally: I'm a music/guitar teacher, so music is a big deal to me. Right now I'm into a lot of swing, jazz and country. I'm a big fan of Brandon Sanderson, Final Fantasy, Steven Universe, new She-Ra, and playing tabletop RPGs and board games. I also love Wynonna Earp, Lost Girl and other gay AF supernatural stuff.

About my goals: I started professional wrestling classes at the beginning of this year, and so getting my skills up in this is probably my biggest goal. I started strength training to support this, currently doing Starting Strength. So goals include keeping this going as far as possible, improving nutrition so I'm eating a wider range of food and getting my cardio up.

I'm also aiming to improve my mental health (I have depression/anxiety issues) by improving sleep hygiene, lifestyle habits and forming new social connections.

Hope you're all well!

Kára

• Like 6

|| Current (and first!) challenge ||

"I will take responsibility for what I have done. If I must fall, I will rise each time a better woman."

Hey!!!  Have you had a chance to look around and get a feel for the place?  It’s a big forum and can seem kinda daunting, but it’s a great community to be a part of.  There’s a new 4 Week Challenge about to start that you might be interested in.  The challenges are a great way of working towards your long term goals. 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 2/27/2019 at 6:27 AM, KaraDavar said:

I started professional wrestling classes at the beginning of this year, and so getting my skills up in this is probably my biggest goal

Cool!

You should check out @DarK_RaideR's challenge, that is pretty much the hub for all things pro-wrestling here at NF :) 

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

You should check out @DarK_RaideR's challenge, that is pretty much the hub for all things pro-wrestling here at NF

I'll take that as a big compliment and should point out that I'm also into tabletop RPGs.

You might wanna get in touch with UK resident and fellow wrestlehead @deftona, folks like @Starpuck, @Jarric, @Oramac and @Strickland5 for TTRPGs and @shaar for all dat Final Fantasy stuff.

Welcome to the Rebellion!

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (7)Fitness (2)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (3), Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬🎬🎬🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1)📖 Video Gaming (3)🎮🎮, Wellness (2)

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'll take that as a big compliment and should point out that I'm also into tabletop RPGs.

I will continue this compliment-taking train with an ARIGATO GOZAIMASU for thinking of me!

(Also yes D_R is great at TTRPGs!!) (We should do another narrative sometime!!)

Hi Kára!! :DDD  Welcome to NF!!  I'm shaar and I'm enby as all heck; my previous partner is trans (she/her), we were together for ~12-ish years before we went our separate ways but we are still the best of friends, so if you ever want to talk about anything identity-related I'm all ears!  (And have experienced a lot over the years!)  I know it can be a difficult route to travel. <3

I LOVE FINAL FANTASY~  I've played 'em all with the exception of 1. the older ones that didn't port over here right away (like FFV) and 2. anything between FF9 and FF13... although I want to play 11 REAL BAD when it goes on sale!! :3  I'm currently playing the MMORPG FFXIV and LOVE IT <3  Also my profile picture here - and most everywhere on the internet - is of the esteemed adventurer Laguna Loire.... 

Please post here if you start a 4 week challenge, I'll happily follow and provide all the bardly support I can!  WELCOME again!! ^___________^

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome to the forums Kára! Pro wrestling classes sound like fun, I'll look forward to seeing what they involve and how they work for you.

As sharr says do let us know here if you post a challenge, I'd be keen to follow along.

Level 21 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 16  -  CON: 22  -  CHA: 9  -  SAN: 19 -  INT: 17

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Downtime

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 67 68 69 70 71

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map - 2022 road map/wrap-up