• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood: Catching the Red-Eye

Heyooo, what's crack-a-lackin', Nerds?

*finger guns*

Okay, now that that's out of my system let's get down to business.  The last few months have been pretty crazy--we traveled for the holidays then returned home with a fair amount of consumer debt that needed our attention.  There was also a storm in our absence that did some damage, and getting that squared with the property managers has eaten in to my time budget.  Fortunately I was able to work a crapload of OT to help retire the debt in just six weeks, and we're now in good shape financially.  We also honored all of our family celebrations (holidays, birthdays, anniversary), culminating with Butch's 10th b-day last week.  MrsFeelgood (MFG) and I have been talking about whether or not we want to stay in Buttcrack, OK (after moving here three years ago) and whether or not we should resume looking for a house to buy in the area.  Meanwhile I've been going through my old junk and trying to liquidate anything that can be liquidated.  All of my old analog video-game consoles have been converted to cash.  Four of my old guitars have been consolidated into a single new one (I couldn't imagine loving it more).  Miscellaneous garage items are slowly being culled--donated, disposed, repurposed, whathaveyou.  My Rocket League career continues, though the grind has slowed considerably as I've run in to a pretty rigid skill ceiling--I'll need to practice more if I want to keep ranking up.  And some PC upgrades wouldn't hurt either.  ;)

Almost none of that relates to fitness other than to say I have done nothing and it shows.  My clothes are now screaming at me, and I'm legitimately afraid to get on any of my ladders to do productive things around the house.  The scale is routinely registering in the mid-250s.  But most of all I just feel terrible.  And for months (if not years or even decades) my mechanism for feeling terrible has been to eat something--even when it's not nutritionally terrible it's excessive.  I have to do something.  That's Part 1 of my new "why".  Part 2 is my brother in CA is getting married next year, and I want my tux to have as little material as possible.  :D

gQuJw0n.jpg

So I'm back to seek your accountability and lend my support to your ongoing efforts.  With only 10 days remaining in this current challenge I can consider it a warm-up that will help me get back up to speed so I can tackle my goals more completely for the rest of the year.  Here's the plan:

1. Eat:  I'm returning to counting calories, with a daily target set to 8 kcal per pound of bodyweight.  This target will be revised every two weeks to reflect changes.  I'm not setting any quality standards, but the guiding principles of nutrition should help me improve my intake.  Plus MFG is getting serious about her stuff, and I want to support her as much as I can.  The only other addendum to this goal is that I'll be gradually cutting out sodas again.
  2. Move:  I haven't done any deliberate exercise in over a year; ever since the stupid cardio stuff that kicked off 2018 in a rotten way.  Thing is, I don't want to go the gym anymore.  I'm not even all that geared up to want to lift, either.  Mostly I just want to go home after work and do something quick before dinner.  So that's what I'm going to attempt.  M-W-F will be a 30-minute bodyweight strength session of some type yet TBD.  T-Th will be a 30-min (minimum) walk on the treadmill.  That's about all I'm willing to commit to at the moment, and even that seems daunting to me in my current state.  I'll have to be mindful of not overdoing it and wrecking what little mojo I have.
  3. Sleep:  Simple goal to just get enough sleep.  I'm not setting bedtimes or wake alarms apart from what my daily routines require.  In practice I'll probably end up with a consistent bedtime, but I'm not using it as a pass-fail metric.  All that matters is that I'm giving my body plenty of rest.

That's it.  10 days of getting used to this again, then I should be ready to kick it into the cruising gear and start making progress.  Let's load up the spreadsheet and get to it.

• Like 9

Dfg and his spreadsheets are back on the scene, NF has returned to normality. I feel better already! Welcome back to our bosom, my friend. Hold on to your butt.

• Like 3

Congrats on getting on top of the debt so quickly! That's super hard work - we've done that twice now and need to do it a third time, sigh. (it's medical bills for us, mostly) That kind of drive will get you into a tiny tux for sure :) Following along!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Why not? said:

How did you decide to format the bodyweight strength sessions?

I haven't yet, and since I'm supposed to do some this afternoon I should probably get on that. :D  A couple years ago I did a bout of physical therapy for some joint-pain issues and I learned a few things from my therapist.  Odds are good that for the first couple weeks at least my BW strength regimen will be composed of those old PT exercises.

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Dfg and his spreadsheets are back on the scene, NF has returned to normality. I feel better already! Welcome back to our bosom, my friend. Hold on to your butt.

Somehow I don't think my presence increases the degree of "normality" around here. :lol:  But I'm glad to be back, and I appreciate the warm welcome.  I've missed y'all!

18 hours ago, kcaleece said:

Congrats on getting on top of the debt so quickly! That's super hard work - we've done that twice now and need to do it a third time, sigh. (it's medical bills for us, mostly) That kind of drive will get you into a tiny tux for sure :) Following along!

Thanks!  It's a good feeling to be making gains again in the domestic finances, now I just need to translate that success over to physical fitness.  :)

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Nah, man. You want a tux with as much material as possible.

018220f3ef0d07c5fc5883aec2c020c2.jpg

Once, perhaps.  I'm no longer interested in becoming a meat titan.  Mostly because I look terrible with a bald dome. B)

• Like 2

Yesterday was a good day.  Food was a little spotty early in the day since I'm still easing back in to clean eating, so there were some 'dirty' chips to accompany a morning Dr Pepper.  Lunch was MFG's leftover stuffed-pepper casserole, then I was able to avoid all snacking for the rest of the day.  Dinner was a quinoa-beef taco-inspired skillet composition with a side salad and some garlic green beans with pine nuts.  I added a pinch of roasted almonds to bring my total up to 2028 for the day.

As soon as I got home from work I changed into The Shorts and booted up the laptop so I could try to play Rocket League while walking on the treadmill.  Alas, it took nearly 20 minutes for the laptop to download and install all the necessary updates; and once the game was finally ready I discovered that I can't actually play it while I'm walking. :lol:  Too much spatial disorientation threatened my balance and alignment.  Oh well, I can just watch a show or two while walking from now on.

I spent the evening with the kids while MFG was at her bible-study group meeting--she and a bunch of her friends are doing a food-focused study and program.  We played some games and watched a few shows, then I got them squared away for bed.  I played some RL (went 4-0 B)) then headed upstairs at 10:30.  Lights were out by just after 11 and I slept until my alarm this morning.

That's three greens to start, which is as good as it gets.

• Like 6

That dinner sounds fantastic! My husband has been getting really into burrito bowls lately and that sounds right up his alley.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shello said:

Welcome back DFG. Glad to see you around again.

Hi, Shello!  It's good to be seen. B)  I've missed you.

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a good first day.

Thanks!  It was pretty good.  I'm usually terrible at baby steps, and even now my brain is like "We didn't even do anything significant!"  I'm having to use my brain to ignore my brain, which as you can well imagine is not working particularly well.  :D

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

giphy.gif hello buddy

'Ello, 'ello!  Thanks for the hug and cheers!  I'm happy to see the progress you've been making, too. :)

4 hours ago, Terah said:

Welcome back! 

kisspng-big-bear-hug-big-bear-hug-clip-a

Hi Terah!  Good to see you!  Hoe gaan het? ;)

3 hours ago, kcaleece said:

That dinner sounds fantastic! My husband has been getting really into burrito bowls lately and that sounds right up his alley.

It was pretty adequately nutritious.  MFG prepared some guacamole and I added a little cheddar cheese, but somehow the whole combination shaded more pizza than taco.  Lucky for me it was reminiscent of my favorite pizza place in Albuquerque, so I was able to enjoy it more than I otherwise might have.  Double bonus since I took the leftovers for lunch at work today.

40 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Glad to see you foruming!

tenor.gif?itemid=4661767

It's really good to be back.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Yesterday was another good day, but I can't update my spreadsheet since I forgot to move it to cloud storage from my work PC. :D  Oh well.  Food was slightly better in that I did not drink any soda whatsoever.  I still ate a bunch of chips and crackers from the snack drawer at work because my lunch (leftover quinoa-beef taco thing) was so light.  Even so I had more than enough room for dinner--boxed "fried" fish portions that we baked from frozen (the modern world can be a little weird sometimes) with steamed green beans and oven-roasted sweet potatoes.  I added a few more almonds as a snack while playing RL to bring my total up to 1912 kcal for the day, well under target.

When I got home from work I really didn't feel like doing anything physical at all.  But I sucked it up and put on a YouTube video to distract me while I did a bunch of stretching, then I gyrated and convulsed through a few reps each of lunges, squats, bridges, push-ups, kickbacks, and abductor leg raises.  I finished my 30 minutes with a few more stretches and called it good; even though it was not good at all.  I feel like the Michelin man.

Baby steps...

The rest of the day was fine.  MFG and Bubbles went to a troop event, so the boys and I stayed home.  They played games while I did all the first-of-the-month finances and household junk, then I sat down to some RL doubles with my (TX) brother; and at one point we actually had a decent streak going.  I called it a night and headed upstairs just before 11 and didn't get out of bed this morning until 8.  :)  I'm sore today, but I can tell I didn't overdo it yesterday.  It's a pretty good feeling to hurt just right.

• Like 4

Saturday got away from me a bit.  I started the day with a bowl of corn flakes, then lunch was the last of the leftover fish fillets with sweet potato and green beans.  I added a bit of cheese and some almonds to get numbers up.  For dinner MFG brought home a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store that I carved and served alongside some steamed broccoli.  Totals were still pretty low for the day and my body was agitating for more, so I finished off the roasted almonds in the cupboard to get right up to my target.  Alas, the cravings only intensified throughout the evening, and rather than attempt to quell them (as I was already suffering from mild DOMS) I simply tried to placate with things I could find in the kitchen.  At first it was just a string cheese, then I opened a "heart-healthy" serving of trail mix: just dried fruit, nuts, and seeds--no granola or chocolate.  Eventually I gave in and pounded a couple more bowls of cereal.  Day ended at 3078 kcal, which is a moderate surplus but still well under what I had been doing.

The day itself was pretty calm.  I'd made an appointment to get new tires for MFG's van, and while they were working on that I walked over to the shopping center and bought some shirts I've been needing, including a goal-size polo that was on clearance for $3.  Once I got back home I hung around the house, chatted with MFG and the kids, played some games, watched a movie, gave Butch and myself haircuts, and practiced guitar for church.  After everyone else was in bed I played a few matches of RL before heading up myownself.  I didn't quite head up on time, so sleep was a little shy of where I wanted it, but that's more the fault of Sunday morning starting so early. :D

Sunday was back on track.  Owing to the previous nights feasting I wasn't hungry at all first thing, so I skipped my customary drive-thru breakfast before band practice and just focused on hydration throughout the morning.  By the time I got home from church I was famished, so I toasted an everything bagel and smothered it with cream cheese.  That went along with the last of the corn flakes and a banana (in milk) to make a very satisfying lunch.  There was no snacking throughout the mid-day, then for dinner I made a pan of roasted pork loin chops with a side of oven-roasted Brussels sprouts.  I whipped up a little brown-butter, red-wine sauce in the chops pan which was very tasty on the pork and surprisingly good on the sprouts.  I added just a few pecans as a light after-dinner snack and closed out the day at a very respectable 1911 kcal.

Sunday was another mellow day.  I was still feeling the DOMS, but it wasn't as bad as Saturday.  Music at church went well (I'm in LOVE with my new guitar) and the service was good.  I spent the rest of the day relaxing at home, playing games, watching hockey and internet videos with the kids, helping MFG with the laundry, then cooking and cleaning the kitchen.  I played a dozen matches of Rocket League before bed and finished up pretty close to my highest rank yet, right on the verge of moving from Diamond to Champ.  Then I did my rituals and turned the lights off for a good night's sleep.

Oh, and I lost six pounds since last Sunday.  That should be most of the water- and trash-weight, so now I can get on with legit fat-burning. :)

• Like 4

Monday was a solid day in all sectors.  I started my day with water and a cranberry-nut snack.  Lunch was a leftover pork chop with the last tbsp of pan sauce and the rest of the Brussels sprouts.  I needed a bit more nutrition in the afternoon, so I added a pack of peanut-butter crackers from the snack drawer at work.  Then dinner was MFG's stovetop tuna-noodle casserole.  I ate a good portion without overstuffing myself, but that still left a fair amount of kcal unused.  To round out the day I put 20g each of pistachios, pecans, and cashews in a bowl and snacked on that while playing board games with the kids.  1940 kcal for the day, 100 under target.

I got home from work, changed in to my sweat pants, and loaded up a video to distract my brain while I did movement stuff.  It was pretty much a rehash of Friday's stuff, and it felt good to loosen up the stiffness from the weekend's DOMS.  I'm enjoying this strategy of just doing whatever is achievable in 30 minutes then being done.  And being conscientious of the intensity is helping keep me motivated to stick with it.  These old knees are still protesting somewhat, but I'm not actually suffering all that much.  As of now I think this is a far more sustainable strategy than trying to "complete" a programmed workout.

MFG had a meeting for troop stuff, so the kids and I all stayed home and ate our dinner together.  Afterward I took care of a few household needs, then we played board games for a couple of hours and watched shows after that.  I fired up my nightly Rocket League for a dozen matches before bedtime and won half of them, but it must have been the slightly more difficult half since my rating creeped up 4 whole points (one match is worth around 7-to-10 points depending on opponent rank ). :lol:   I'm so close to Champ that I can almost taste it.  I ended on a decent win streak, but rather than attempt one more for the promotion I closed the game on time and headed up to bed for a full night's sleep.

Much win.

• Like 4

Tuesday was an okay day.  I started with another package of nuts and dried cranberries.  Lunch was leftover roasted cauliflower with a large piece of rotisserie chicken breast.  I avoided the snack drawer at work entirely, then for dinner at home MFG made smoked pork & venison sausage links with grilled peppers and onions.  To that I added a bit of cheddar cheese and wound up extremely low on the day.  The number in the spreadsheet reflects a retcon with some overage from Wednesday, more on that below.

I had planned to take the kids to see the Spiderman movie at our local cinema after work, so I postponed Move in order to not have to change clothes twice. :)  Alas, by the time we got home from the cinema (the movie was excellent, btw) I was wiped out and just wanted to put on my jammies and play some video games.  I initially had that marked with a red "5" on my spreadsheet to account for whatever walking we did from house to car to cinema and back, but that has also been retconned (more below).

After getting back from the movie and getting everyone settled and ready for bed I fired up Rocket League to try and earn that promotion before taking a break for Lent (more below).  Alas, my playing took a nose-dive and rather than cut my losses and go to bed I stayed at it until I was exhausted.  That proved to only make things worse on all fronts, and I didn't get to to bed until after 2 am, with sleep delaying its arrival for nearly another full hour.  That meant a steep overshoot on Wednesday morning.

Wednesday was almost a bad day.  It actually started fine with an excellent mid-week weight check (down another 2.5 lbs from Sunday), then I ate my last package of dried fruit and nuts for breakfast.  Owing to my system's response to it the night before I was not all inspired to take the leftover dinner stuffs for a lunch, so I went to work armed with nothing in an attempt to fast until dinner--something I thought would be especially beneficial since our church planned a kickoff service for Lent, complete with pizza.  :D  I made it until about noon, at which time the previous day's massive shortage conspired with my exhaustion to initiate a prolonged and sustained raid on the snack drawer at work.   After a few moderate and considered choices I quit trying to quell the brainweasels and gave them free rein.  So the damage amounted to one bag each of Cheetos, Doritos, and Lay's Barbecue chips; one package of cheese crackers with peanut butter, and a Twix.  I retro'd two of those bags of chips to Tuesday's count for some semblance of balance and so as to not curtail my dinner options too heavily.  That turned out to be a little premature since I didn't really want much pizza (only two slices, and they were lukewarm anyway, plus there was no thin-crust available) and opted to add 10 McNuggets (split half a 20pc with Bubbles, who is on a dairy hiatus) to try and eke up the protein a little bit.  Between the two days I still wound up 100 kcal below target, so I'm counting them both as wins and moving on from here.

Since I'd overshot my alarm and didn't get to work until later in the morning I stayed later at work to cover my time and make some progress on my projects.  That meant there was only 40 minutes between the time I got home and when we needed to leave for church.  Rather than do any Move stuff in that brief interval I just relaxed and tried to prepare my headspace (not all that successfully, as it turns out) for the service.  Once we got home I was too full (not painfully so, just a mite over) to attempt any strength stuff, but I was in decent-enough condition for a nice long walk.  I fired up the treadmill, loaded Netflix, and did a full hour at 3.1 mph (not the world's slowest 5K, I imagine).  That allowed me to divide the time and cover the previous day's miss.

I was looking forward to an early bedtime, even though there was no making up for the previous day's Sleep bungle.  After my treadmill walk I did a few household things on the computer, then I went up with MFG to tuck in the kids and say goodnight prayers.  I watched a handful of Youtube videos for about 30 minutes before calling it a night and heading up just a little after 10.  MFG came up with me, and we did the nightly rituals* before climbing in to bed.  I'd had a pretty hard day and my mood wasn't excellent--especially at church, where I suppose I was more sullen and irritated than I really should've been--so MFG took the opportunity at bedtime to ask me what was going on.  That opened the gate to my brain and led to a fairly long talk about what's been bothering me and where my mental, emotional, and spiritual health are struggling (hint: everywhere).  It was not an easy conversation, and I resented it being brought up right before I wanted to be asleep, but I think it turned out to be a positive thing overall.  If nothing else, at least I finally feel like my problems are being acknowledged.  Anyway, we wrapped it up in a better spot and I was able to get a little more sleep than the night before.

*not a euphemism

So Lent is upon us.  Truthfully I was on the fence about participating.  I embrace a religious tradition that has never really recognized the season this way, but this year it seems that a growing number of so-called Protestant (meaning, non-Catholic-even-if-their-origins-predate-the-Roman-church-by-several-centuries) churches are renewing emphasis on a period of self-denial in preparation for celebrating the Resurrection.  That seems like a good thing for my family in general and for myself in particular, so we're joining with our local church to pursue and honor the Lord this way.  I've decided to take a break from competing in Rocket League (I can still do solo training) for the duration; instead I'll use that daily time to connect with my family, lead them in Bible study and discussion, invest myself in prayer and meditation, and take on any other spiritual disciplines or service opportunities to which I may be led.  I'm actually excited for the opportunity to focus on things that I consider truly meaningful.  I hope it's a good time of healing and growth for all of us.  God knows I need it.

• Like 5

Good things are going to come of this fast. I know it. Opening up to your wife (and it seems to yourself as well) was a good first step.

I still think of you every Sunday Morning at church when I look at the instrumentalists.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good things are going to come of this fast. I know it. Opening up to your wife (and it seems to yourself as well) was a good first step.

That's the plan.  We're off to a good start.

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I still think of you every Sunday Morning at church when I look at the instrumentalists.

Say an extra prayer for me this week.  I've got to be there at 8:15 for prayer and rehearsal, and this week is when DST :angry: starts.

Thursday was an excellent day.  I woke up a little late and was still tired due to the previous night's conversation, so I got a DDP on my way to work and nursed it all morning.  While at the store I also bought a pack of fruit and nuts for breakfast.  The office bought pizzas for lunch, but I reheated my leftover sausages with peppers and onions and joined everyone in the conference room.  No pizza for me, tyvm.  In the afternoon I ate some peanut-butter crackers from the snack drawer, and that held me over nicely until dinner.  MFG made Italian sausage links with a big pot of spaghetti and (homemade) marinara, so I measured out a good portion and enjoyed it right to the point of satisfaction.  I was still well under target but I didn't feel the need to add anything, so I finished the day at 1870 kcal and slightly carb heavy.  I'll call it a refeed. :D

I didn't have much time before dinner when I got home, and what little I had was filled with miscellaneous tasks that needed my attention.  After dinner I had just a few minutes to do some home budgeting and online house-hunting (I've got my eye on a dandy property that I'd like to go look at) with MFG, then I loaded up my music gear and drove to church for band practice.  I made sure to add a little extra "bop" to my groove while practicing with the crew, and I reckon that 90 minutes of band practice was probably a good stand-in for my 30-minute Move goal.  Feel free to disagree. ;)

J79UKmx.gif

Early band practice meant that I got home pretty early, too.  That gave time to finish up my household tasks while the kids completed their chores, then I summoned everyone to the living room for our second night of Lent.  We read through the prescribed Bible passage and discussed it around the room while everyone made notes in their journals.  When we were done it was time to get the kids squared away for bed.  Then MFG and I tucked everyone in and said prayers before retiring ourselves for an early bedtime.  Despite a great night's sleep I feel like I could've gone another four hours easy today.  I'll have to try and get as much as I can over this coming weekend.

• Like 2

Friday was a good day.  I intended to fast until lunch, but the brainweasels got the better of me and I ate a small bag of Cheetos at around 10:30.  Lunch was leftover spaghetti marinara with a link of Italian sausage.  From there I was good to finish out the day.  Dinner at home was steamed brown rice with whole pinto beans, topped with cheese and guacamole.  I ate a fairly large portion and was still well under target, so I added a bowl of mixed nuts and some cheese.  I weighed it out but didn't check the calorie content until after I'd eaten it, only to find that I overshot my target by about 400 kcal.  I'm still on target for the week overall, but that was a minor slip.  I blame the last few days that have been relatively carb-heavy, so today I'm focusing on keeping them low.

I had to run an errand on the way home from work, and that proved to be a frustrating and time-consuming endeavor.  By the time I finally got home I was wiped and didn't want to do any movement, plus dinner was already getting cold.  At least I walked over to get the mail, so that counts for one minute.

The rest of the evening was pretty good.  Brick was in a mood and needed some aggressive Dad-ing which sapped my emotional mojo.  But we still did our family study for the 3rd night of Lent and had a good discussion about the passage.  After getting the kids in bed MFG and I called it early and stayed upstairs for a nice long sleep before Daylight Saving Time arrives to bork my universe.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Friday was a good day.  I intended to fast until lunch, but the brainweasels got the better of me and I ate a small bag of Cheetos at around 10:30.  Lunch was leftover spaghetti marinara with a link of Italian sausage.  From there I was good to finish out the day.  Dinner at home was steamed brown rice with whole pinto beans, topped with cheese and guacamole.  I ate a fairly large portion and was still well under target, so I added a bowl of mixed nuts and some cheese.  I weighed it out but didn't check the calorie content until after I'd eaten it, only to find that I overshot my target by about 400 kcal.  I'm still on target for the week overall, but that was a minor slip.  I blame the last few days that have been relatively carb-heavy, so today I'm focusing on keeping them low.

I had to run an errand on the way home from work, and that proved to be a frustrating and time-consuming endeavor.  By the time I finally got home I was wiped and didn't want to do any movement, plus dinner was already getting cold.  At least I walked over to get the mail, so that counts for one minute.

The rest of the evening was pretty good.  Brick was in a mood and needed some aggressive Dad-ing which sapped my emotional mojo.  But we still did our family study for the 3rd night of Lent and had a good discussion about the passage.  After getting the kids in bed MFG and I called it early and stayed upstairs for a nice long sleep before Daylight Saving Time arrives to bork my universe.

Ugh I forgot we lose an hour of sleep tonight. Yay for doing a family Bible study!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Ugh I forgot we lose an hour of sleep tonight. Yay for doing a family Bible study!

Luckily I didn't lose the hour, I just went to bed earlier. :)  Still made for a dark and early morning though, which I do not like.  I have to credit my church for preparing the Lent guide--it's really helping us focus on family study time.

Saturday to finish the challenge was a good day.  I started the morning with a couple of boiled eggs.  For lunch MFG made a cashew chicken stir-fry with a bunch of veggies, and I skipped out on the noodles that the kids added to their portions.  Dinner was a troop event with Bubbles, so I ate a ham-and-cheddar sandwich with some potato chips and a decent helping of miscellaneous freggies on the side; then I had two small cookies for dessert.  That was very low for the day, but I stuck to the low total and felt pretty good about not being overly hungry.

The event also had a bunch of Minute to Win it style games that Bubbles and I teamed up for, and that was good for at least an hour of reasonably active movement.  I retconned 30 minutes of that activity to Friday to cover the red square.

Once Bubbles and I got home we relaxed for a bit and watched a few shows with MFG and the boys, then I had everyone get their journals and we sat down for the next study session in our church's Lent guide.  It was another good study with good discussion among the family.  MFG set all our clocks while Bubbles and I were out, so that helped with the adjustment somewhat.  I did an early bedtime after the kids were tucked in and had lights out pretty promptly at 10:30 (11:30 pm CDT) so that I could get a full night's sleep before Sunday morning's alarm.

I weighed in this morning at 246.4 lbs to end the challenge, which means I lost 8.5 lbs in the final two weeks--not bad at all for starting late.  I'm also feeling much better everywhere except my knees.  Those are being pesky jerks now that I'm doing deliberate exercise again.  It's hard to want to keep at it, but I know that getting Lean and Strong (what is this, version 5.0 by now?) will help in that regard, as well.

Also, I got to watch Arsenal beat Man United today, so it's an excellent beginning to a nice Week Zero. :D

• Like 4