• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi guys! I just signed up for my first 5K on April 6th. I was wondering how the heck I'm going to train for it. I'm not a big runner at all. Any advice for a first-timer?

I second the Cough to 5K program. I had good results with it when I first started running.

If you're not a runner, I also recommend finding a good post-run mobility/stretching routine. Unfortunately I can't recommend anything since I only know what's worked for me. I also do cross-training so I expect my needs are different than yours.

I second the Cough to 5K program. I had good results with it when I first started running.

If you're not a runner, I also recommend finding a good post-run mobility/stretching routine. Unfortunately I can't recommend anything since I only know what's worked for me. I also do cross-training so I expect my needs are different than yours.
Definitely pre and post run stretches.
What works for you is difficult to find (I had suggestions from physio but still have to find it)
As a starting point have a look at these:
https://darebee.com/running/yoga-for-runners-workout.html
https://darebee.com/running/stretching-for-runners.html

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

I say if you do Couch to 5K, use Couch to 5K by Active Networks or Zombies Run. IMO C25K by Zenlabs is crap because of the company. I was banned from their forums for sharing links to runners world to help some runners on the forums with issues. I was told via PM that I am not allowed to post a single non Zenlabs link on their forums regardless of if the link is a not for profit running advice.  I said, even for helping other runners learn? I was told YES. And then banned. Their app is free but they want to get you trapped into heir own ecosystem. Pay the 2 bucks to use someone else's app :)

• Like 1