Howdy (40/m/365#/Christian/Colorado/Divorced/Father)

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to Nerd Fitness. I have known about it for a long time and finally pulled the trigger and signed up. I am a little overwhelmed right now so I am going to do my best to introduce myself and why I am here. 

Firstly I am am 40 years old, 365 pounds and 5'9". My weight held at about 280 until my early 30's and from there life got out of control and my weight followed. I was diagnosed with an eating disorder and have become more comfortable with saying that outloud. My Father died this last Father's Day and while we were not very close it really woke my up to taking better care of myself. I have a beautiful three year old daughter and I want her to look at me and see someone she can proud of.

With that said I am a Christian Man and attend Flatirons Community Church. I have been working on being a better man for a long time and I really believe this program will tie into that. I am not a joiner, I don't share, I never feel good enough to have the attention of other men (get a cup of coffee, grab a beer) and really need to get out of my comfort zone. I have started therapy and am really making a effort to live a better life. 

I don't have any shame around the struggles I have faced in my life. This is me trying to lay as much as I can out there and am sure there are others that share some or all of my story. 

Blessing and "May the force be with you..." =)

N0AiR - aka Anthony Long

• Like 1

Hey!  Have you found your way around ok?  I noticed that you have a battle log running, which is a great start, but there’s also a new challenge about to start if that’s something that interests you.  The challenges tend to be more social as people follow and encourage each other more than in the battle logs, so it’s a good way to integrate into the community.  Have you also seen that there’s a “disordered eating support” thread?

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously