N0AiR's Daily Log (40/m/365#/Christian/Colorado/Father)

*marker*

As of 3/3/2019 I am starting my first week of NF. 

My goals this week are:

-Eat every 2-4 hours

-Try to use the NF recipes for ideas on what to eat

-Walk five minutes a day

-Take my measurements

-Take before photos (I have not pulled the trigger on this.

-Going cold turkey on TV and movies at home.

Will update with my info and current plan. Want to post yesterday's food log and start there.

20190302 - Food Log "Everything went well until bed time..."

I tend to get stressed at night and then because I can't sleep I drift to the kitchen and grab whatever I see and eat it. I grabbed a half pound of ground beef I had cooked to have in the fridge and then just ate it. It's something I am working on. To get myself settled I had to figure out what was bothering me and it ended up being a few loose ends from a recent project so I grabbed my work phone and scheduled everything I needed to focus on. Felt so much better afterwards. Phew!

I don't think I am going to use My Fitness Pal to food log anymore. Seeing the calories tends to bug my eating disorder. 

Breakfast Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g
Generic - Sweet Potato - Medium, 1 medium (2" dia, 5" long, raw) (114.0 g) 112 26 0 2 41 5  
Fry's - Egg - Large, 2 egg 140 0 10 12 140 0  
Traditional Medicinals - Organic Lemon Echinacea Throat Coat, 2 cup brewed 4 0 0 0 0 0  
Cocavo - Oil, 2 tablespoon 240 0 28 0 0 0  
Add Food  496 26 38 14 181 5  
Lunch
Spaghetti - Spaghetti Squash, 1 serving 31 7 1 1 17 3  
Paleo Meat Sauce, 1 serving(s) 379 20 19 30 133 10  
Add Food  410 27 20 31 150 13  
Dinner
Generic - Sweet Potato - Medium, 1 medium (2" dia, 5" long, raw) (114.0 g) 112 26 0 2 41 5  
Cocavo - Oil, 1 tablespoon 120 0 14 0 0 0  
Honey Smoked Salmon - Honey Smoked Salmon, 4 oz 240 0 14 28 520 2  
Myers - Original Dark Rum, 2 oz 128 0 0 0 0 0  
Big K - Caffeine Free Diet Cola, 2 can 0 0 0 0 80 0  
Green - Apple, 1 fruit 95 25 0 1 2 19  
Great Value Prosciutto - Prosciutto, 12 slices 360 0 18 48 2,340 0  
Ground Beef, 0.5 lb(s) 405 0 24 47 142 0  
Add Food  1,460 51 70 126 3,125 26  
Snacks
Minute Maid - Apple White Grape Juice (100% Juice), 1 Juice Box 90 22 0 0 15 20  
Quest - Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar (Net Carbs), 1 bar 180 4 6 20 200 1  
Marketside - Strawberry Cupcake with strawberry filling, 85 gram 340 41 19 2 280 31  
Jiffy Pop - Jiffy Pop Popcorn, 2 cups 70 10 4 0 0 0  
Green - Apple, 1 fruit 95 25 0 1 2 19

Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g

*You've earned 239 extra calories from exercise today
Totals 3,141 206 157 194 3,953 115  
Your Daily Goal 3,469 434 116 174 2,300 130  
Remaining 328 228 -41 -20 -1,653 15  

20190303 - Food Log

(Attempting to eat every 2-4 hours)

Breakfast: 8:30am

Einstein's Bagels - Nova Lox on a Green Chili Bagel

Earl Grey Tea

Snack: 

11:30am Quest Bar - Cinnamon Roll (not sure how great these are, I feel like it's better than nothing)  

Diet Dr. Pepper - 16.9 oz

Lunch:2:30pm

Medium Combo Pho (all the meats including tripe and tendon) sub noodles for veggies

At least two glasses of water

Hoisin and Sriracha for dipping

Basil and side veggies, lime wedges

Snack: 5pm

Quest Bar - Coconut and Cashew

12oz Diet Cola Caffeine Free

Dinner: 7pm

Riced cauliflower with peas steamed bag

Paleo Meat Sauce (NF Paleo Spaghetti recipe)

Glass of milk 8oz

Small green apple

Immunity Tea

Snack: 8:30pm

Thick slice of Jennie-O Turkey "Ham"

Premier Protein Shake - Vanilla (30g of protein before bed seems weird even to me) ED got the best of me but at least I am aware and thinking about it before and as it happens. That never happened before.

Breakfast - 5:20am

2 cups Broccoli

2 - Fried Eggs

.5 tsp Cocavo

Glass of Whole Milk 8oz

Small Green Apple

Snack - 9am 

Quest Bar - Cinnamon Roll

Lunch - 12:30

Riced cauliflower with peas steamed bag

Paleo Meat Sauce (NF Paleo Spaghetti recipe)

Naval Orange - Medium

Black tea

Snack -  3pm

Quest Bar - Coconut Cashew

Premier Protein Shake - Vanilla

Jack Links Beef Jerky 2oz

Snack - 5:30pm 

1/4 small green apple

Dinner - 7:30pm

Whopper Jr no Cheese

Side Salad w 1/2 Ranch

Ice Water

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Breakfast-5:45am

Riced cauliflower with peas and carrots steam bag

Two fried eggs

1/2 tbs Cocaco oil 

4oz Whole Milk

Snack - 9:30am

Quest bar - Coconut Cashew

10:30am - Throat Coat Tea

Lunch 12:15pm

2 cups Broccoli

4oz Chicken Breast w/ Green Chili on top (Green Chilies, Low Sodium Broth)

Small Green Apple

Snack - 3:30pm

Dinner - 4:30pm

Half of recipe Paleo Meat Sauce (NF Paleo Spaghetti recipe)- Ate it like a no bean chili.

Diet Cola Caffeine Free

Chicken Nugget Lunchable with Ketchup and two Oreos

7pm

32oz of water

The other half of the Meat Sauce

Chunk of bread 3-4 slices worth

1.75oz bag of cheddar Cheese Mix

Breakfast - 6am

7:15am 

Throat Coat Tea 6oz

Snack - 10am 

Quest Bar - Coconut and Cashew

Lunch - 12pm

Chicken Breast 3oz

Mixed Veggies - Peas, Carrots, Corn 1 1/2 cups

Naval Orange

Diet Cola Caffeine Free

Throat Coat 6oz

Snack - 3pm

4pm

32oz of water

Dinner - 5:30pm

pm

Garlic Chicken, veggies and noodles 1 1/2 cup

7:45pm

Double Sourdough King 

Small fry

Medium Ice Water

2oz of smoked salmon

1oz of Turkey Ham

Breakfast - 6:30am

Quest Bar - Coconut Cashew

Small green apple

Snack - 11am

Sweet Potato w/ red pepper flakes and 1 tbsp of butter

Nectarine 

Lunch - 12:15pm

Two slices of cheese and pepperoni pizza

Snack - 3pm

Slice of pizza

4pm 

Sparking Water 24 oz

4:30pm

Diet Coke 16oz

Dinner - 7pm

EveryPlate.com

Spicy Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers

Was very impressed. Never had tried a "food box" service before. 

Side salad with tofu and some calorie free dressing

Box - Samoa Girl Scout Cookies

20190308 - FRIDAY! SIX DAYS LOGGED!

Breakfast - 5:40am

Snack - 7am

Taco John's Breakfast Burrito and Small Hashbrowns

Lunch - 11am

Spicy Chicken Sausage Stuffed Pepper with side of stuffing

Activa -  Pineapple Yogurt w/ cereal

Medium Naval Orange

Diet Coke 16oz

Snack - 1:30pm

Apple juice box -Small

Lunch - 5pm

Buffalo Wild Wings

Medium - Traditional Wings - Mango Habanero 

Side of Fries

Blue cheese

Carrots and Celery

Week of 3/4 take aways:

*Log BEFORE you eat makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE

*Discovering I have a lot of stress about not knowing what to eat when I don't plan ahead. Planning ahead makes it as easy as going to the fridge at home and work and heating up my food and eating. Or having the ingredients separated in the fridge to grab and start cooking.

*Doing nothing but eating is a completely new experience for me. I like it... and will continue it. Need to find a quite place at work... like... the break room. =)

*Friday is here and I have this surge of self confidence that has come from the Mantra - "Worried about something... schedule to work on it." Simple and it works. If I know something is bothering me and I make no time to work on it the stress never goes away. If I pull out my phone and schedule time to work on it the stress lowers and I find that I start being able to problem solve subconsciously and have a solution when the schedule time comes. 

Thank you Nerd Fitness for the jump start!

I am planning on taking my photos and measurements tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes. 

Breakfast - 7am

Two fried eggs w/ Riced cauliflower with peas and carrots steam bag. Added diced jalapenos.

24oz Water

.5 tbsp Cocavo Oil

Four Cups of Cheese Puffs

10am

Vanilla Chia Tea 16oz

Lunch - 11:15am

Menudo - Pint with flour tortillas

Ice Water - 24oz

Good man. Measurements next then. And it sounds like your solution for things that stress you is working. All good stuff this week then.

How is this approach to eating different from what you were doing? Were you leaving it too long and getting too hungry and then eating too much all at once?
Without prepping before hand, especially breakfast, I would just skip meals. Drive through for lunch and the stress at the end of the day would contribute to me eating anything and everything at the end of the day when I got home.

Right. It does sound like you need to cut down on those drive throughs and then just devouring everything at the end of the day.

I assume you are hoping to lose some weight and improve your fitness a bit. Your diet is the main thing that will affect your weight and health, and some exercise will improve your fitness and health.

Regarding your diet, I don't know if you have ever read up much on the body chemistry of eating carbs and what happens with blood glucose and insulin. Basically, any sort of carbs will mean a rise in glucose in your blood and so your body produces insulin to deal with it. While there is insulin in your blood stream then your body can't access stored body fat. So, if you are going to eat a number of smaller meals throughout the day then also see if you can limit any major intake of carbs to just one of those meals. That will give you more time throughout the day with no insulin in your blood stream making it possible for your body to access your fat reserves. You might know all this already of course. By carbs I mean anything with sugar in, plus bread, potatoes, rice pasta, too much fruit. You should be OK with some veg in a couple of meals.

Prepping your food for the day is a great strategy. I used to create a meal plan for a week and have it on the inside of a kitchen cupboard door. It took a bit of experimenting to find enough healthy meals that I actually liked eating, and after a few months I had a whole week of meals that worked for me.

Regarding your exercise, how have you been getting on with your 5 mins walk each day?

I've just googled the Quest cinnamon roll bars that you mention. They look awesome. We don't get proper cinnamon rolls over here in the UK like you have over there, nor do we get cinnamon roll flavoured products. Cinnabon are just sooo delicious, and those cinnamon roll Oreos you have over there are amazing too. I had a cinnamon roll type pancake for breakfast at Dennys last year, it was really, really nice.

Hmmm. They're an acquired taste. The second one tasted nicer than the first one. They are just cinnamon flavour really, I think I was hoping for some cream cheese frosting flavour in the too.

I also got some chocolate peanut butter ones as well so that the order qualified for free delivery. Again, the flavour is unusual. :)

But they will get eaten, and they are quite good as treats go. :)

How's things going with your progress?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Hmmm. They're an acquired taste. The second one tasted nicer than the first one. They are just cinnamon flavour really, I think I was hoping for some cream cheese frosting flavour in the too.

I also got some chocolate peanut butter ones as well so that the order qualified for free delivery. Again, the flavour is unusual. default_smile.png

But they will get eaten, and they are quite good as treats go. default_smile.png

How's things going with your progress?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Pretty good. I was distracted this last week. Daughter was sick and we got a Blizzard that knocked the power out for a couple days.

I wish I had warned you that they are sweetened with Stevia. Makes the flavor a little odd. Honestly the first time I tried them they were amazing. Now, like you mentioned, they are a nice treat.

Hope you are well. I need to get back to logging and have been doing some meal planning but not to the extent I should.

I read your other posts and I am not a fan of Keto. I am looking for something with sustainability. To me I see the people who lose a ton of weight fast eating a very strict diet and exercise. Some of those people have to continue eating a very low calorie intake to keep the weight off. While I see other people tell me how great Keto is... Then they tell me how their hair falls out and there breath is bad. That doesn't make sense to me either.

One issue I have that makes it a little different is I have an eating disorder. So 90% of the time I don't get hunger cues or full cues. I eat based on time when I'm doing well... And when I'm not I eat because I am stressed or trying to distract from emotions I do not want to feel. I'm actively working on it and it's a struggle.

I wish I could say that I didn't let anything get in my way and I did really great this week but that isn't what happened and I need to decide what my next step is as far as getting back on track.

I was reading that one thing I could do is plan my eating a day in advance, have the food prepared and log a day in advance. Making sure I give time to process the eating. Right now that seems hard to picture in my head. I have meals ready to go in the fridge and freezer that I can just grab and eat or pack and take to work. So I am trying to get better about planning for today.