• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Saving What We Love: Tanktimus' Mindset

DRRFR6WVQAA7mjA.jpg

I liked The Last Jedi. Sure some parts were clunky, but to me it was both Star Wars and a good Movie. Rose's line may not be universally loved, but it works for me. How does this apply to my challenge? Let's start with the last one. I had the fewest workouts during that challenge of any I have done on NF. In fact, you'd have to go back to the time when I wasn't on NF to find months with fewer workouts. However, in the last week I had some good headspace developments, and I realized I'm going to be positive in how I construct this challenge. I don't hate myself, I love myself. I don't hate my body, I love my body. Fearing the consequences of obesity and inactivity will never be enough to motivate me to work out. All that will help is focusing on how much I love myself, and doing healthy things because they are good for me. For that reason, I'm still going to track workouts, but not set a number ahead of time. I'm still going to pay attention to the principles of intuitive eating, because it's the only thing that will help me get my waistline back in order. I'm going to be okay with slow progress, because every time I've had fast progress with weight loss, I've ended up gaining more later. 

So my goals:

Yoga: Do it. 

Kettle Bell Workout: Do it.

Beginner Body Weight Workout: Do it.

Walks: Optional. I've realized I can get good cardio from the KBs or the BW stuff provided I do them fast enough to get my heartrate up. As such, walking is a lower priority. I want to leave more space for yoga.

Intuitive Eating: Stick with it.

• Like 33

9 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

giphy.gif 

You got this, buddy. Following and here for support.

Thank you!

2 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Dang.  You're fast.

Nah, I just have the ability to post my challenge threads before the new forums go live. All GL's can do it. I have the added benefit of knowing exactly when the forums are going live.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here for this! 

Welcome.

1 hour ago, RES said:

I think this is the earliest I've ever commented on a Tank challenge thread... :o 

I think you are right.

4 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Like the mindset!  Yoga seems to be one of the things you consistently enjoy, so making more time for it is a very wise move

I certainly enjoy the results, sometimes it takes some convincing to get myself to do the sessions.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Nah, I just have the ability to post my challenge threads before the new forums go live. All GL's can do it. I have the added benefit of knowing exactly when the forums are going live.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor angry girl gif

On 3/7/2019 at 11:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Fearing the consequences of obesity and inactivity will never be enough to motivate me to work out.

This is not quoted for frightening purposes, but it made me think of one my own recent writeouts. I want to take you to one of my recent challenges, as i think with the big change that is around the corner for you, your view might change, and could possibly be a fuel to your goals:

(Snippet of the openingpost on my first challenge this year)

Spoiler

2. FAMILY

I have a wife, kids, a dog, a house and a mortgage. Which means i am a husband, father, a dog-owner/lover, house owner and i need to bring in money to make sure everyone has a good life. They are the most important thing in my life. Now we have a great little family, my wife is the best wife in the world, i firmly believe there is no one in the world that's a better fit for me than her. My son is like a mini-me version of me, so what's not to like.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mini me love gif

Other people (family, friends, teachers, etc) tell me he is a friendly, caring and social person with a lot of humor (especially the humor is what wins them over). My girl is the sweetest girl in the world, and daddies little girl. She has the sweetest heart (with lots and lots of cuddles for dad) but in the blink of an eye can turn into this mischievous little devilspawn of a child. We have not seen the last of her. I.HAVE.THE.BEST.DOG a dog owner could wish. I have put in some effort to training him, and it has paid out fantastic. There is not one single angry bone in his body, and if he would have his way we would be cuddling on the couch all day long! I feel really blessed that i can provide a good place to live for them and we don't have to worry (much) about financial stuff. This situation has been created by years and years of just making solid decisions. At the end of the first part (1. HUMOR) i said i don't live life to the fullest, and the reason why is to protect this situation for my family!

3. ME

I am important. If you followed me this far, you just read all the things that are most important to me. Well a lot of that is dependent on me being there. This means i must stay in shape, both physically as mentally. I am blessed with a sturdy base. I'm not sick often, nothing chronically wrong with me.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif

Okay, well, i'm sorta fine. And a lot of what i do is to juggle all important things, which also means that i must stay sane. Thankfully i'm not that hard to please. I have a lot of hobbies which usually have some social aspect to it. Which fits in beautifully with other important stuff. (BBQ'ing in the garden on warm summer evening with friends and family for example, ticks a lot of boxes at the same time)!

( i did check to see if you made this public here as you did on FB before i posted ;)

• Like 5

On 3/7/2019 at 10:20 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

However, in the last week I had some good headspace developments, and I realized I'm going to be positive in how I construct this challenge. I don't hate myself, I love myself. I don't hate my body, I love my body. Fearing the consequences of obesity and inactivity will never be enough to motivate me to work out. All that will help is focusing on how much I love myself, and doing healthy things because they are good for me.

I love this. And the quote it spawned from. Happy challenge!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Following~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome!

9 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Hanging out with the cool kids.

You're one of the cool kids too whether you like it or not.

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Here for the love in :) 

The-Beatles-All-You-Need-is-Love.jpg

5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor angry girl gif

This is not quoted for frightening purposes, but it made me think of one my own recent writeouts. I want to take you to one of my recent challenges, as i think with the big change that is around the corner for you, your view might change, and could possibly be a fuel to your goals:

(Snippet of the openingpost on my first challenge this year)

Hide contents

2. FAMILY

I have a wife, kids, a dog, a house and a mortgage. Which means i am a husband, father, a dog-owner/lover, house owner and i need to bring in money to make sure everyone has a good life. They are the most important thing in my life. Now we have a great little family, my wife is the best wife in the world, i firmly believe there is no one in the world that's a better fit for me than her. My son is like a mini-me version of me, so what's not to like.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor mini me love gif

Other people (family, friends, teachers, etc) tell me he is a friendly, caring and social person with a lot of humor (especially the humor is what wins them over). My girl is the sweetest girl in the world, and daddies little girl. She has the sweetest heart (with lots and lots of cuddles for dad) but in the blink of an eye can turn into this mischievous little devilspawn of a child. We have not seen the last of her. I.HAVE.THE.BEST.DOG a dog owner could wish. I have put in some effort to training him, and it has paid out fantastic. There is not one single angry bone in his body, and if he would have his way we would be cuddling on the couch all day long! I feel really blessed that i can provide a good place to live for them and we don't have to worry (much) about financial stuff. This situation has been created by years and years of just making solid decisions. At the end of the first part (1. HUMOR) i said i don't live life to the fullest, and the reason why is to protect this situation for my family!

3. ME

I am important. If you followed me this far, you just read all the things that are most important to me. Well a lot of that is dependent on me being there. This means i must stay in shape, both physically as mentally. I am blessed with a sturdy base. I'm not sick often, nothing chronically wrong with me.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor my mom had me tested gif

Okay, well, i'm sorta fine. And a lot of what i do is to juggle all important things, which also means that i must stay sane. Thankfully i'm not that hard to please. I have a lot of hobbies which usually have some social aspect to it. Which fits in beautifully with other important stuff. (BBQ'ing in the garden on warm summer evening with friends and family for example, ticks a lot of boxes at the same time)!

( i did check to see if you made this public here as you did on FB before i posted ;)

I do think the baby will affect my motivation, and suspect that love for my family will be what motivates me, not fear of failure. I have feared failure for too long. Fear is useful in it's place, a driving force is not that place most of the time. Fear can help us heighten our awareness, but it's not a place to dwell. Love is stronger.

4 hours ago, Ann of Vries said:

I love this. And the quote it spawned from. Happy challenge!

Thank you.

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Love the mindset. Good reminder and lesson.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Yay Rose! Yay Love! Yay Tank!

Yay, friends following!

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Love this!!

Thank you!

Sunday was a good day. It was also the day we who observe Daylight Savings Time set our clocks forward an hour. It always takes me about a week to adjust. Yesterday and today I've been dragging a bit. We got up early for church because Sra. Tanque is on the media team and they participate in setup. Since we are a mobile church we transform a wedding venue into what we need for services and back again every Sunday. Our pastor was going to be a guest speaker at a church close by while his wife preached. He wanted some encouraging people to go with him, and I was one of two he asked. The other guy was out of town, so it ended up being the two of us. It was fun to be there for him and get some one on one time with him as well. We came back to our church and helped with tear-down. Sra. Tanque and I went and ate a late lunch, then came home and napped. I thought about doing some yoga or a strength session, but I was too zonked.

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

He wanted some encouraging people to go with him, and I was one of two he asked.

Well duh, it's in your name. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/10/2019 at 8:47 AM, WolfDreamer said:

giphy.gif 

You got this, buddy. Following and here for support.

Copying this.   Because I agree.  And because our thursday night D&D game had Shia LeBouf as an NPC that got transported to our D&D material plane and it was hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Saving what you love - I love this! 

It makes me think of when people say that to eat healthy, you should focus on adding more good stuff instead of subtracting bad stuff. That focus on the positive is everything!

Following!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

Well duh, it's in your name. :D

That thought occured to me when I read the email where he was asking us to go with him.

47 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Copying this.   Because I agree.  And because our thursday night D&D game had Shia LeBouf as an NPC that got transported to our D&D material plane and it was hilarious.

That's...different.

42 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

Saving what you love - I love this! 

It makes me think of when people say that to eat healthy, you should focus on adding more good stuff instead of subtracting bad stuff. That focus on the positive is everything!

Following!

That's exactly what I'm going for.

• Like 1

I'm sayin' what I love and I LOVE SNACKS SO MUCH PARTICULARLY CASHEWS THEY ARE EXPENSIVE BUT V WORTH THE MONEY

Just telling my truth and stuff...

Also here for this~

• Like 3

I'm double posting because in my hype I didn't realize that said SAVING shaar you enormous dingdong I DON'T CARE I'M STILL GONNA SAY WHAT I LOVE

gonna save some cashews for tomorrow too

:3

• Like 1
  • Haha 4