On 6/28/2019 at 3:33 PM, Valkyrie21 said:

Hope you find something suitable soon, finding a place that allows pets seems to be a universal challenge, you'd think in these day and age they are regarded as family and non-negotiable.

That is very much true. I get that there might be concerns with allergic neighbors but a friend keeps a dog in a house with an allergic neighbor and they just agreed that she cleans the stairs twice a week but my cats are quiet and won't even go near neighbors so I find it somewhat unreasonable because I'm sure I'd be more of a nuisance than my cats.

• Like 1

I haven't checked in here since the start of the challenge so I feel like it is about time.

After years of struggling with my weight I am now officially at the lowest weight & other measurements in 4 years and I am really, really proud and also relieved

I started eating a keto-ish diet and managed to not let "slip ups" tempt me into just throwing everything over board because thanks to the deliciousness of keto buns (and also how easy they are to make) I can just stuff myself with hot dogs when depression hits me. Can't believe I ignored the advice to eat keto with hashimoto's forever until someone showed me actual scientific papers on carbohydrate metabolism issues in hashimoto patients.

BUT I proved to myself that I can stick to it and that it helps me and that makes me really happy. 

I also got out my kettlebell again and started to do some workouts with that, I'm glad I got back to it but it also showed me how much less I am able to do than I used to but I will get back there.

I'm also learning more and more about dealing with ADD and I noticed that I'm actually getting more done and stress a little less over my tasks. There are still times I think that I could have done more but it is how it is (looking at you, all my unfinished novels).

Aaaand I'm hoping I'll be able to stabilize my knee enough to start sprint training by the end of summer.

• Like 2

To give myself a better overview and structure I decided to divide my battle log into various parts instead of writing a block of text and forgetting half of what I wanted to put here in the first place... 

So, here we go. 

Fitness

This will include what exercises I did, what weights and how many reps. How many steps I took that day and milestones I reached.

Example from today:

• 2x10 leg raises 

• 2x10 V-ups

• 5 minutes of yoga

• 2451 steps

Today was a pretty lazy day, will go for a hike tomorrow to get moving again.

Diet

This will include what I've eaten, if I went under or over my calorie goal and same for protein.

Example from today:

• Breakfast: sausages wrapped in cheese

• Lunch: keto pizza

• Dinner: lunch leftovers

• no snacks 

I stayed under my calorie goal and had enough protein.

Arts, crafts & more

This will be about everything that I enjoy doing because I tend to forget to do things I actually really, really enjoy and instead go for the easy but mediocre things. Mainly about writing, reading, making music or drawing or maybe seeing something great during one of my hikes. I might also add activities/advice I have gotten in therapy if I want to implement them in my day.

Example from today:

I spent 2 hours reading the fifth Harry Potter book, so far I've only read them in German and my half brother's dad gave me all 7 books in English and so I decided to reread them. And I tried to play Overwatch with my boyfriend this evening but we kept getting interrupted so that was less fun.

Mini goals

I will set up small goals I want to achieve within the next few weeks that don't really fit into the challenges. And since Monday is such a nice time to start I should set them up now but I rather sleep now and do it tomorrow. Maybe.

Fitness

Since yesterday was a very busy day I only went for a walk on top of running my errands and did some stretches at home after doing the darebee daily dare.

Diet

• Breakfast: nothing

• Lunch: boiled eggs and spinach

• Dinner: protein cereal and a bread with egg and mayo

• Snacks: Corn chips

I stayed under my calorie goal but did not quite reach my protein goal.

Arts, crafts & more

I spend an hour reading Harry Potter and played 2 Overwatch matches. 

After years upon years being amazed by how colorful some people's bujos are I finally added color to mine and decided to spend a few minutes doodling and adding color to it.

Mini goals for August

• read 4 books 

• take a look at at least 2 places I could possibly move into 

• get back into running by the end of the month

• get rid of CDs and DVDs I do not want to have anymore.

I fell a bit off the bandwagon the past few days, I let me stomach take over and ate sugary things which led to stomach cramps and thus staying in bed seemed like the most comfortable option. 

Fitness

I did go for a hike on Friday so that's something. Other than that I did the daily dares and yoga.

Diet

I didn't even track but there was chocolate and bread somewhere in the mix so I definitely exceeded my carb goal and stayed under my protein goal. 

Arts, crafts & more

I'm almost done with Harry Potter but I resubbed to WoW to check out how it is now before they rerelease Classic so I've been reading a bit less. Not much going on on this front either at the moment.

Mini goals:

This goes hand in hand with the arts and crafts section but another goal I'd like to add is to JUST FINALLY FRICKING FINISH THAT DAMN LAST CHAPTER OF THE BOOK I'M WRITING! 

• Like 1

Fitness

• front kicks 25 each side

• side leg raises 2x10 each side

• hamstring curls 2x10 each side

• calf raises 2x10

• push ups 10

• yoga

Diet

• Breakfast: protein cereal 

• Lunch: zucchini pasta with a creamy mushroom sauce 

• Snack: 4 pieces of chocolate, Whoopi

I stayed within my calorie goal and didn't quite hit my protein goal.

Arts, crafts & more

I finished HP 5 so that's sweet but other than that I spent my free time gaming. 

Today I won't play anything until I've finished my to do list. Yesterday was a productive day nonetheless but I actually don't feel productive if I spend so much time playing and neglecting my other hobbies. 

Fitness

• daily dare

• yoga

Diet

• Breakfast: ---

• Lunch: mexican cauliflower "rice" bowl

• Snack: half a bowl of protein cereal

I stayed within my calorie goal and hit my protein goal.

Arts, crafts & more

I bought some stamps and stickers and with that made a plant themed September spread for my bullet journal and it was a lot of fun. This was my first attempt at a themed spread and I will definitely keep it going.

Instead of starting a new book I will grab those I already started ages ago and never finished starting with A Traveller's Tree today. 

Mini goals

People always say you should tackle the hardest task first so I chose the easiest and went through my DVDs and CDs, if none of my friends want any of those I don't want anymore I will donate them at the end of the week.

My brother is coming around today and will stay for two weeks, since I deal very much not well with any kind of change I hope I won't get too far off track so anything I can check off my to do list should be celebrated. 

Fitness

• daily dare

• yoga 

Diet

• Breakfast: chocolate cake (10/10 good breakfast)

• Lunch: keto pizza 

• Snack: chocolate covered peanuts

I did manage to stay under my calorie goal but went way over the carb goal while staying under the protein goal. As expected my mother's birthday and my brother's visit threw me off the bandwagon. For some reason I am expected to be a maid who caters to everyone's wishes but mine.

Arts, crafts & more

I spent half my day reading and I was kinda exhausted by that but I also went through my art supplies, I have a lot of pens and should definitely use them more. I keep telling myself I'm not good enough at art yet so I shouldn't use them but I can only improve by practicing which would include using my supplies...

Fitness

• 8km hike

• daily dare

• yoga

Diet

• Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs

• Lunch: tofu stir fry with peanut sauce

• Dinner: protein cereal and a salad

• Snack: ---

I stayed within my calorie goal and hit my protein goal.

Arts, crafts & more

I have continued making my bujo a bit more artsy and decided when it's full I'll try to either get or make some kind of all in one journal, meaning calender,  drawing pages, bujo + diary. I'm sure having less notebooks laying around each filled with different things would help a lot. 

I went through old journals and had to realize that my goals during the past few years have not changed at all because I didn't get any closer to reaching them. It bummed me out a lot but I cannot change the past, only the future. I talked to my therapist about it and she said that she is not surprised seeing as with ADD I tend to overburden myself with tons of projects and not finishing them. I need someone who manages my life and keeps me accountable. Haha... 

Not using my format today, just a quick check in because the past days were... eh. At least I did a proper workout yesterday but sharing a place with my mother and brother at the moment completely derails me. Both are loud and inconsiderate people who think I'm some kind of maid so I spend the majority of my time overwhelmed in bed which obviously is not good. At least it's going to be over on Monday.

• Like 1

Dear diary... I obviously have not checked in in a while. And a lot has happened.

I have lost a total of 20 lbs (this year, not just in the time I didn't check in) and I want to build some proper muscle before trying to get rid of the last 10 lbs but the transition is harder than I thought it would be, I'm relying too much on cookies and pasta to add the necessary calories instead of on protein rich foods.

Due to my brain not being cool it doesn't learn that pain/discomfort = bad so I actually have been bloated and partly even in pain from the cookies for the past 3 weeks now. 

In addition to that I've got some serious self-esteem issues if you could call it that, I'm less concerned what others think of me and more beating myself up because I'm not using my full potential and get upset when I look in the mirror. Depression is an assbutt.

BUT I finished writing the first draft of my second novel and started working on editing the first draft of my first novel so I have to give myself that.

I actually need so much accountability/support/motivation with my eating and my exercises so I'm trying to get back in here.

Today was a bit that good day, I hardly moved and apart from a few nuts my food was all carbs (including chocolate and candies). Tomorrow I will start tracking my intake again and say no to sugary things. 

I got quite a lot of reading done and am confident to win my goodreads challenge, I'm short 3 books but that won't be a problem  

I wish someone would kick my butt (gently) to do the best I can but I have to rely on myself and I am very unreliable!

• Like 1

Fitness

• 2 x 4 leg lifts with 8kg kettlebell

• 2 x 8 goblet squat with 8kg kettlebell 

• 10 minutes of yoga

A rather short workout today due to anxiety keeping me in bed.

Diet

I hit my calorie and protein goal, not with the healthiest foods but it's a start, I can do better tomorrow and I didn't do my worst so...

Other than that: more reading! And I got a few other things done that are very important like filled out forms and sent them off, those kinds of things.

• Like 2

Fitness:

• 3 x 10 goblet squat with 8kg kettlebell 

• 3 x 10 side lunges with 8kg kettlebell 

• 2 x 4 leg lifts with 8kg kettlebell 

• 3 x 10 calf raises

• 10 minutes of yoga 

Diet:

I did not quite hit my calorie and protein goal, today was kinda keto-ish so I'll try the same dish another time and add quinoa, that should do. 

I started reading Hogfather today, expanding my Discworld horizon while staying in a festive mood! 

• Like 2