Sloth's Power to Weight Ratio

Here for the non-challenge shenanigans. 

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

On 3/11/2019 at 3:50 PM, KB Girl said:

This is the Netherlands, it's ALWAYS biking around weather. How else are people going to get to work/school etc?

What I meant was, you haven't written about biking around recently.  Don't you have a racing-style bike for longer rides?

On 3/12/2019 at 3:53 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Biking is a thing in the Netherlands, as someone who looks up to the dutch i can vouch for that!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dutch bike gif

Bikes can be used for anything anytime!

See how i combined things, this is gonna be my highlight of the day... i feel proud!

I quite aware of that.  I look up to the Dutch too.  I have my own bakfiet for kid transporting and grocery getting.  As an aside, when I was racing seriously, my most common training partner had Dutch parents.  

This is the most important Dutch sport though

On 3/12/2019 at 8:47 AM, NeverThatBored said:

Here for the gif party!

giphy.gif&f=1

You're going to be so disappointed.

sloth-gif.gif

On 3/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, Shello said:

This sounds perfect.  You may have just inspired me to go ahead and attempt a challenge.  

Hah.  Don't blame me.  Anyway, the best challenges are unchallenges.

On 3/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, Cheetah said:

Happy Challenge!

Thanks brother.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Guzzi said:

Subbin’!

Its always nice when theres a Guzzi sighting.

On 3/13/2019 at 3:20 PM, Big_Show said:

Wait, you have a challenge thread now? I really need to pay attention more often.

Yeah, but I don't challenge well.  There's always a danger I may move back to the battle logs.

23 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Here for the non-challenge shenanigans. 

LOL.  I don't get into shenanigans.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

3.14.19  Thursday

I am so flipping tired.  

giphy.gif

Daylight savings time triggered my insomnia and its budget time at school and there are cuts again, so I'm fretting about that.  Tomorrow we'll find out who's going to be cut.  I have a really good team; I'm afraid I'm going to lose some of them.   

Today was pi day.  A big chunk of my students didn't know what pi was.  Ugh.  Our math teacher quit at the beginning of October (the kids were eating her alive) and they've had three or four long-term subs since then.  They finally hired someone on Monday and I think tomorrow she'll find out she won't have a job next year.

Minneapolis is crazy treacherous right now.  After all that snow got packed down on the roads and sidewalks we've had a lot of rain and all the storm drains are buried.  I swear I'm going to break a hip walking to work on that wet ice.  I drove the other day and the war rig went completely sideways down the street (it's a terrible winter car) and barely missed slamming into an Audi.  That got my heart rate up.  The weird thing is I was only going 10 or 15 miles an hour.  Every day this week I've heard a tale of a school bus crashing on the way to school.  I hear the freeways are clear though; I ought to get off the side streets.

Enough whinging.  Challenge goals.

Cardio - nope.

Power - nope.

Weight - yep.  I actually lost 5# / 2.3 kg after a week of calming down the incessant eating, but it's probably just water weight and will hop back on ;) 

Hydration - I am indeed drinking a beer right now.  A nice, local roselle. I wish I had another.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Tough week, I'm hoping for you that tomorrow's news is better than expected.

Stay safe!

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

I drove the other day and the war rig went completely sideways down the street (it's a terrible winter car) and barely missed slamming into an Audi.  That got my heart rate up.

Cardio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
I drove the other day and the war rig went completely sideways down the street (it's a terrible winter car) and barely missed slamming into an Audi.  That got my heart rate up.

Cardio?

Dang, I hope budget cuts don't hurt too bad. Down here the legislature is working to mandate 5k/year raises for all teachers.

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

19 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Tough week, I'm hoping for you that tomorrow's news is better than expected.

Stay safe!

Thanks.  It seems to be, but not everything has been worked out.  I’ll be fine what ever happens, but some of the people I like won’t be.  

19 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Cardio?

Lol.  Good point. 

10 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Happy Friday!

Thanks brother.  You too. 

9 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I'm in, mostly for the cardio hate.

tumblr_olv1nsbsO01s01gf9o2_250.gif

I love cardio.  Cardio’s the best.  

3 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQg_m4N8ZhN_Uy22hOMGM8

Hah. I love it. 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dang, I hope budget cuts don't hurt too bad. Down here the legislature is working to mandate 5k/year raises for all teachers.

Thanks brother.  I’m impressed and surprised.  I may have to give up some of my preconceptions about red states.  I hope it goes through.  I can’t and won’t complain about how much I am paid.  For all it’s faults, MPS pays us fairly (IMO).  Now if only we could get a handle on health insurance costs.  

Personally I’ll be okay no matter what, but if the new teachers are chased away my job could get much more difficult.  

• Like 5

3/15/19. Friday.  

Today is is one of the day’s I love at school.  We’re learning about sound waves and we spend the day making different simple kazoos.  It’s totally obnoxious.  I love our English teacher, but she can be really uptight.  So every year I make a sign that says something like, “Bring your kazoos into Ms. Teacher’s room at your own peril.”   The way six grader’s minds work, they see “bring the kazoos” and are blind to the potential consequence.  So every year they sneak them in and blow them when she isn’t looking and I have plausible deniability. :) 

The sixth grade teachers that I was worried about still seem to have a job.  I don’t know about the math teacher though. That position has been a revolving door for at least six years.  They keep hiring new, young teachers that they can “mold” and then don’t support them and they flounder.  

Cardio - nope.  

Power - nope. 

Weight - yep. 

Hydration - we went to a bar and grill for fish fry. They stopped carrying the sour beer I like.  Instead I tried a cider & IPA combination, it was worse than you might expect.  

• Like 14

19 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

They keep hiring new, young teachers that they can “mold” and then don’t support them and they flounder.  

And I bet they complain they just don't make teachers like they used to, instead of considering that they may be the problem after all.

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 3/15/2019 at 4:23 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

What I meant was, you haven't written about biking around recently.  Don't you have a racing-style bike for longer rides?

Ah :) Yes I do, haven't used it yet this year.. you honestly don't see a lot of people on racing bikes yet, it is warming up a bit now but then you've got to deal with the rain.. I do use my regular bike for transport everyday though. 

• Like 1

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Instead I tried a cider & IPA combination, it was worse than you might expect.  

As in Snakebite??? The drink of choice for those who want to spend the latter half of the evening vomiting in pub toilets. ;) 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

13 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

As in Snakebite??? The drink of choice for those who want to spend the latter half of the evening vomiting in pub toilets. ;) 

spent a lot of my early twenties doing just this because of just this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 3/15/2019 at 5:52 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Daylight savings time triggered my insomnia and its budget time at school and there are cuts again, so I'm fretting about that.  Tomorrow we'll find out who's going to be cut.  I have a really good team; I'm afraid I'm going to lose some of them.   

Today was pi day.  A big chunk of my students didn't know what pi was.  Ugh.  Our math teacher quit at the beginning of October (the kids were eating her alive) and they've had three or four long-term subs since then.  They finally hired someone on Monday and I think tomorrow she'll find out she won't have a job next year.

Hoping and praying things are not going to be as bad as you think.

On 3/15/2019 at 5:52 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I drove the other day and the war rig went completely sideways down the street

I think I prefer driving through mud, rather than on ice. Tires can cut through mud, but not through ice (except those fancy winter-chain-things you guys supposedly have?). Then again, I think I'll take our pothole ridden roads to your ice covered ones. You have my respect for NOT crashing into that Audi under these circumstances. :loyal:

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

I feel your daylight savings pain. It’s killing me. My sleep schedule is a disaster. DEATH TO DAYLIGJT SAVKNGS TIME

12EF0E58-F780-4CAA-A798-052062E6C4C4.gif

• Like 1

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 3/16/2019 at 11:24 AM, Guzzi said:

On 3/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, deftona said:

spent a lot of my early twenties doing just this because of just this. 

I order a snakebite every chance I get. I had no idea of the reputation...

Maybe snakebite resistance is one of my super powers.... [wanders off pretending not to believe in recently revealed superpower]

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

2 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

I don't see any way this could turn out badly

• Haha 2
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I don't see any way this could turn out badly

Exactly!  And just so you know Boaty McBoatface was an AWESOME name, why they went with RSS Sir David Attenborough is beyond me... :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

3 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Exactly!  And just so you know Boaty McBoatface was an AWESOME name, why they went with RSS Sir David Attenborough is beyond me... :D 

Right?! How could they possibly go against the will of the people?! Boaty McBoatface means Boaty McBoatface. 

• Haha 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

1 minute ago, Guzzi said:

why they went with RSS Sir David Attenborough is beyond me... 

MAKES NO SENSE

Looking forward to seeing Slothy Von Slothbottom  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11