Sloth's Power to Weight Ratio

1 minute ago, deftona said:

Right?! How could they possibly go against the will of the people?! Boaty McBoatyface means Boaty McBoatyface. 

I love how after ^this fiasco they still let us even have a vote on brexit.  I mean, if the British public can’t even be trusted to name a boat... 

• Like 5

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

7 hours ago, deftona said:

Right?! How could they possibly go against the will of the people?! Boaty McBoatface means Boaty McBoatface. 

Jefferson-quote.jpg

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

8 hours ago, Guzzi said:

I love how after ^this fiasco they still let us even have a vote on brexit.  I mean, if the British public can’t even be trusted to name a boat... 

In World War Two, the English navy had an entire series of sub-hunting corvettes, all named after flowers.  Why not Boaty McBoatface?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower-class_corvette

Think about the U-boat captain whose ship was sunk by the HMS Perwinkle...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

~Someday, our spring will come... ~    (In the melody of that Disney song I don't actually like.)

You're far worse off than Chicago is, but it'd be nice to not have all the free standing water still frozen solid.   And to not have to wear a toque in the third week of March.   Sigh.   

You sound like the kind of teacher I always got my teacher crushes on. :)   That's a compliment.  Keep being awesome like that.

• Like 2

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

10 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

MAKES NO SENSE

Looking forward to seeing Slothy Von Slothbottom  

[runs off to vote repeatedly under different names]

although just for the record David Attenborough is a god

• Haha 3

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

This will be a quicky.  

Cardio - no. I have a mental block about getting on the trainer this year. 

Power - I’ve been doing a fun KB circuit every other day. I decided to work on my ugly snatch after it came up on @Cheetah ‘s thread. 

S&S warm up glute bridges, goblin squats, arm bars, and halos at 16 kg

Swings (20 kg), cleans, high pulls, and snatches all at 16 kg.  3 rounds at 5-15 reps gasses me out and gives me fore arm pump.  

I think I’ll add lunges and/push ups tomorrow.  

Weight - mostly yes.  That 5# that whooshed off whooshed back on.  

Hydration - this wasn’t supposed to be a real goal, but I’ve been having one fruity, fizzy sour beer every night in between putting the kids to bed and dragging my sorry carcass to bed.  

• Like 12

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Sounds like a fun circuit!  Keep up the good work!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Hydration - this wasn’t supposed to be a real goal, but I’ve been having one fruity, fizzy sour beer every night in between putting the kids to bed and dragging my sorry carcass to bed.  

Maybe not a real goal, but certainly the most fun one.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Can you make yourself get on the trainer for just 10mins?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 

What do you think of S&S, would you recommend it?  

I’m not able to squat with a barbell yet, or even get a decent starting position for a deadlift (there’s something wonky going on with my hips, they’re st totally different heights :unsure:) but I’ve been thinking about what kind of training I want to do when I get my mobility back up to a decent level.  I was considering S&S, mainly because of the idea of putting all your joints through a full range of motion, which I think would be really beneficial for me. My hips in particular need a lot of strengthening.  What’s your thoughts?

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On 3/15/2019 at 9:38 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

And I bet they complain they just don't make teachers like they used to, instead of considering that they may be the problem after all.

To be fair, that's just human nature.  But if the whole rest of the team says that they'll need to put time and resources into a hire, they should listen.

On 3/16/2019 at 5:22 AM, KB Girl said:

Ah :) Yes I do, haven't used it yet this year.. you honestly don't see a lot of people on racing bikes yet, it is warming up a bit now but then you've got to deal with the rain.. I do use my regular bike for transport everyday though. 

I watched some footage from a classics tune-up race from Holland.  Oh Hell no is it biking weather there.  Rainy, windy, cold.  It looked miserable.

On 3/16/2019 at 8:33 AM, TGP said:

I love it!

giphy.gif

LOL. Thanks man.

On 3/16/2019 at 10:24 AM, Guzzi said:

As in Snakebite??? The drink of choice for those who want to spend the latter half of the evening vomiting in pub toilets. ;) 

Yeah.  I think this was a bit different because American cider is crazy sweet and they used an IPA instead of lager.

On 3/17/2019 at 3:32 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Hoping and praying things are not going to be as bad as you think.

I think I prefer driving through mud, rather than on ice. Tires can cut through mud, but not through ice (except those fancy winter-chain-things you guys supposedly have?). Then again, I think I'll take our pothole ridden roads to your ice covered ones. You have my respect for NOT crashing into that Audi under these circumstances. :loyal:

Thanks.  Hah.  Our roads are incredibly potholed right now - the freeze thaw cycle kills them.  Just about every day I drive I see a car with a flat tire next to a giant pothole.  When I was in high school I used to love driving in the snow and ice and drifting around the corners.  That experience serves me well today.

On 3/17/2019 at 4:52 PM, Xena said:

I order a snakebite every chance I get. I had no idea of the reputation...

Maybe snakebite resistance is one of my super powers.... [wanders off pretending not to believe in recently revealed superpower]

Maybe you have more self-control than a 20 year old Guzzi or Deffy.  Of course, self-control is a superpower too; I wish I had more.

On 3/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, DJtrippyT said:

I was excited to go vote, but they only had six lame choices.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:53 AM, WhiteGhost said:

MAKES NO SENSE

Looking forward to seeing Slothy Von Slothbottom  

Way better than what I could have come up with; you'd have my vote.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:54 AM, Guzzi said:

I read today that your military leaders have moved into a nuclear bunker in case of a No Vote Brexit.  I hope that isn't true or needed.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:12 AM, Starpuck said:

~Someday, our spring will come... ~    (In the melody of that Disney song I don't actually like.)

You're far worse off than Chicago is, but it'd be nice to not have all the free standing water still frozen solid.   And to not have to wear a toque in the third week of March.   Sigh.   

You sound like the kind of teacher I always got my teacher crushes on. :)   That's a compliment.  Keep being awesome like that.

*blushes* It's been at least ten years since I've had to worry about that.

I don't know about Chicago, but spring is coming fast here.  Lots of snow melt and 40 degrees ~5c, which feels warm enough to get by with just a sweatshirt.

16 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like a fun circuit!  Keep up the good work!

14 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Maybe not a real goal, but certainly the most fun one.

Way better than getting on the trainer.

12 hours ago, Big_Show said:

Can you make yourself get on the trainer for just 10mins?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My brain is hip to that trick.  I might have to bundle up and ride outside.  I used to ride year round, its not like I can't handle it.

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

58 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It's been at least ten years since I've had to worry about that.

I feel like there's a story here...

• Like 2

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

37 minutes ago, deftona said:

I feel like there's a story here...

No, not really. It’s just that 12 year old girls aren’t always very rational and you have to worry about how they take things. There was one girl who got way to close in my personal bubble and I had to have the counselor talk to her.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Guzzi said:

What do you think of S&S, would you recommend it?  

I’m not able to squat with a barbell yet, or even get a decent starting position for a deadlift (there’s something wonky going on with my hips, they’re st totally different heights :unsure:) but I’ve been thinking about what kind of training I want to do when I get my mobility back up to a decent level.  I was considering S&S, mainly because of the idea of putting all your joints through a full range of motion, which I think would be really beneficial for me. My hips in particular need a lot of strengthening.  What’s your thoughts?

If you are the kind of sociopath that flosses your teeth day in and day out no matter what, S&S might be for you.  There are two main exercises that you do five or six days a week for months.  Most people can’t handle the monotony.  I really like the Nerd Fitness KB workout for most people.  

As as far as your particular case, that is way above my pay grade.  If your physiotherapist okays it, halos are good for shoulder mobility and goblet squats are good for hip mobility. Which covers most of what most people need.  

StrongFirst seems to have a presence in the U.K. I’d for sure get an instructor when you start.  

• Like 3

3/21/19 Thursday

ugly dog update - the non-ugly dog was adopted out. It took forever to finalize. It felt like the guy was stringing us along.  He’s a 27 y.o. lawyer.  It occurred to me that he’s part of the Tinder generation and doesn’t have any experience committing to a relationship.  I feel bad for today’s young women.  

Mrs. Sloth agreed to temp foster a raggedy blind dog that has a permanent semi-stiffy.  Someone has to put ointment on it so it doesn’t chafe.  I’ll let you know who wins that argument.  

Snow is melting fast. Raggedy dog went on grass today.  Perhaps for the first time in her life.  These old dogs who’ve been kenneled their whole life really like grass.  

ETA: It was dress like the 80’s day at school.  I pegged my jeans and wore a flannel over a D&D T shirt.  That was 1986 for me. A student told me about his Elf warlock.  :) 

Cardio - no. 

Power - I did the KB circuit with the addition of lunges after the swings. I only did a round of 5 reps and a round of 10 reps and was wiped out. 

Weight - I’m forget to bring an apple; I’m eating M&M’s.  

Hydration - I’ll likely have a cider tonight.  

• Like 12
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’ll let you know who wins that argument.  

You're both fighting over who gets to do it, aren't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

20 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I decided to work on my ugly snatch after it came up on @Cheetah ‘s thread.

you have a hardstyle swing.. it's not going to translate to a snatch x) it's not you, it's the hardstyle! 

would you like to learn a sport style swing? :D

#pleasecomeovertothedarkside

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mrs. Sloth agreed to temp foster a raggedy blind dog that has a permanent semi-stiffy.  Someone has to put ointment on it so it doesn’t chafe.  I’ll let you know who wins that argument.  

These stories are so ridiculous that they must be true.  Admit it, you take these dogs in solely for the laughs.

• Like 2

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Maybe you have more self-control than a 20 year old Guzzi or Deffy.  Of course, self-control is a superpower too; I wish I had more.

Way better than getting on the trainer.

Snakebite immunity is a way cooler superpower than self-control. I'm choosing to believe in the former until proven otherwise (which very well could happen).

I don't remember what the trainer comment originally referred to, but I agree that most things are indeed better.

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Hydration - I’ll likely have a cider tonight.  

Hmmm I think that is allowable here but I seem to remember this kind of math being verboten on Deffy's thread :-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 3/21/2019 at 5:35 PM, deftona said:

You're both fighting over who gets to do it, aren't you?

SAVAGE

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

Cardio - no. 

Power - I did the KB circuit with the addition of lunges after the swings. I only did a round of 5 reps and a round of 10 reps and was wiped out.  

I like to just tell myself that kettlebelling IS cardio and move on with my life.
  • Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

8 hours ago, Fonzico said:

I like to just tell myself that kettlebelling IS cardio and move on with my life.

If you go hard enough it's HIIT, which is as effective for a lot of things as solid state cardio. I know for me a KB workout revs my engine to the red line a lot better than running ever did for me.

• Like 2

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 3/21/2019 at 11:24 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Snow is melting fast. Raggedy dog went on grass today.  Perhaps for the first time in her life.  These old dogs who’ve been kenneled their whole life really like grass.

Aww, hope Raggedy Dog gets lots of grass time. :love_heart:

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Omg, Sloth.   I always bust out with an audible LOL at work reading your threads.  You've got such a way with words, and the cadence of your writing.  I really love it!   Bless your hearts for how you care for these doggos.   You're good peeps.

You also seem to be a better midwesterner than I am.  I can't shrug my jacket till it hits 65+... so I am in the throes of misery here with this still hovering in the mid 30's with windchills dropping it to FEELSLIKE 22.   BAH!

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81