Sloth's Power to Weight Ratio

On 3/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, deftona said:

You're both fighting over who gets to do it, aren't you?

Obviously, I didn't think I had to spell it out.  Semi-stiffy dog won't be here until this weekend though.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:02 PM, KB Girl said:

you have a hardstyle swing.. it's not going to translate to a snatch x) it's not you, it's the hardstyle! 

would you like to learn a sport style swing? :D

#pleasecomeovertothedarkside

I've tried it.  The breathing is all backwards and that swoopy thing you do puts a lot of pressure on my lower back.  I'm not opposed to it, but I'd need some RL coaching.  My swing is more fitnessy than hardstyle, I don't throw it back down between my legs.

On 3/21/2019 at 6:14 PM, Kestrel Grey said:

These stories are so ridiculous that they must be true.  Admit it, you take these dogs in solely for the laughs.

I'm not creative enough to make stuff up.  Y'all are stuck with the truth from me.  I first wanted to foster so we could have a dog around with having a long-term responsibility.  Mrs. Sloth kept one and kept fostering because she went from I don't want a dog to crazy dog lady.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:29 PM, Hiroro said:

I snickered out loud multiple times catching up on your thread - well done :)

Here for the best kind of hydration, plus kettlebells. And hoping for dog pictures? 

I'm sure you've seen this but...

Image result for sloth bicycle

I love that pic :) I'll try to post a pic.  Raggedy dog looks 100% better, which isn't the same as good.  She still can't figure out how to get herself unstuck if she wanders into a corner.

On 3/21/2019 at 8:45 PM, Xena said:

Snakebite immunity is a way cooler superpower than self-control. I'm choosing to believe in the former until proven otherwise (which very well could happen).

Hmmm I think that is allowable here but I seem to remember this kind of math being verboten on Deffy's thread :-)

Snakebite immunity it is.  Hmmm, I can't remember the cider math.  A lot happens in Deffyland and I can't keep track of it all.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:00 AM, Fonzico said:

I like to just tell myself that kettlebelling IS cardio and move on with my life.

You're absolutely right.  The thing is, I'm aiming for a 50 mile gravel race in about six weeks and I need some actuals miles under my butt.

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If you go hard enough it's HIIT, which is as effective for a lot of things as solid state cardio. I know for me a KB workout revs my engine to the red line a lot better than running ever did for me.

Totally.  For most people KBs are the perfect point on the continuum between powerlifting and marathon running.  I should have called it sport-specific conditioning.

6 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Aww, hope Raggedy Dog gets lots of grass time. :love_heart:

Hah.  I'm sure she will.  We'd thought we'd have her for a while as a hospice foster, but she's doing well enough that she'll likely be put up for adoption in two or three weeks.

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Omg, Sloth.   I always bust out with an audible LOL at work reading your threads.  You've got such a way with words, and the cadence of your writing.  I really love it!   Bless your hearts for how you care for these doggos.   You're good peeps.

You also seem to be a better midwesterner than I am.  I can't shrug my jacket till it hits 65+... so I am in the throes of misery here with this still hovering in the mid 30's with windchills dropping it to FEELSLIKE 22.   BAH!

Aww, thanks.  You must be having a harder spring than we are.  We've been having highs in the forties since the last time it snowed.  The bros are all in shorts now.  I hope you get some real spring weather soon.

• Like 7

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Saturday and Sunday were both really busy days.  Lots of running kids to and from birthday parties, circus, and dance and what-not.  The way thing were scheduled I didn't have a big block of time to do anything.

Saturday I managed to get my bike outside, but I only had time for 10 miles.  The roads were god-awful.  My butt didn't hurt, which I was expecting.

In the evening I met with some college friends and a couple of their now adult kids for our occasional (years time scale) Risk game.  It was a good time.  I had been holding North and South America and had a huge pile of armies on Brazil ready to sweep through Africa.  I thought I'd win for the first time ever.  The kid holding Africa decided to get it started and attacked Brazil even though I outnumbered him like three to one.  He beat my dice rolls about five out of six times.  He swept through and wiped me out.  I was done two turns later.

Sunday - I was going to do either kettlebells or riding depending on how much time I had.  By the time I actually did have time it was late and I went to bed.  I could have fit in KBs earlier, but I kept hoping for a block long enough for riding.

I did, however, get all of my grading done and am in a good place for the end of the quarter.

• Like 11

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Saturday I managed to get my bike outside, but I only had time for 10 miles.  The roads were god-awful.  My butt didn't hurt, which I was expecting.

Hope you get more time next weekend and safe roads. Slightly miserable weather is allowable and good for the soul.

• Like 2

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

In the evening I met with some college friends and a couple of their now adult kids for our occasional (years time scale) Risk game.  It was a good time.  I had been holding North and South America and had a huge pile of armies on Brazil ready to sweep through Africa.  I thought I'd win for the first time ever.  The kid holding Africa decided to get it started and attacked Brazil even though I outnumbered him like three to one.  He beat my dice rolls about five out of six times.  He swept through and wiped me out.  I was done two turns later.

Statistically, holding North America is the best position to be in to win.  Not sure what you did to anger the dice Gods, but perhaps a little something to appease them is in order.  Not sure what the dice Gods usually demand as sacrifice, though...

• Like 5
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I've tried it.  The breathing is all backwards and that swoopy thing you do puts a lot of pressure on my lower back.  I'm not opposed to it, but I'd need some RL coaching.  My swing is more fitnessy than hardstyle, I don't throw it back down between my legs.

I'll be honest and admit I don't even really know what the rules are to qualify for a hardstyle swing x) I basically just differentiate between hips going forwards (not sport) or hips going backward at the top of the swing (sport). So if it's just the depth of the backswing that bothers your lower back then that can be adjusted.. most people learning on their own tend to use too much back, so yea not messing on your own might be the best call. 

This reminds me though- because of your lower back- do you know how to brace properly?

• Like 2

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Re: stiffy-dog

I used to work at a veterinarian's office where we catered to lots of rich people that were also dog breeders and often artificially inseminated dogs for breeding purposes.

Our doctor did both the uh.  Collection and deposit.

There were many, many, many jokes.  MANY.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

On 3/25/2019 at 7:27 PM, Xena said:

Hope you get more time next weekend and safe roads. Slightly miserable weather is allowable and good for the soul.

Thanks.  Next week is spring break so I should be able to get some riding in.  I think I'll ride my mountain bike on the roads until they're cleaned and repaired.

On 3/26/2019 at 6:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Statistically, holding North America is the best position to be in to win.  Not sure what you did to anger the dice Gods, but perhaps a little something to appease them is in order.  Not sure what the dice Gods usually demand as sacrifice, though...

That was not an atypical series of rolls for me.  The dice hae always hated me.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:26 AM, KB Girl said:

I'll be honest and admit I don't even really know what the rules are to qualify for a hardstyle swing x) I basically just differentiate between hips going forwards (not sport) or hips going backward at the top of the swing (sport). So if it's just the depth of the backswing that bothers your lower back then that can be adjusted.. most people learning on their own tend to use too much back, so yea not messing on your own might be the best call. 

This reminds me though- because of your lower back- do you know how to brace properly?

I cant wrap my head around a swing without the hips.  The videos I watched had some curl in the lower back and thats what's hard on my back.  I think I brace correctly; I really had to work on that when I first hurt my back years ago.

----------------

3/26/19

Raggedy Dog Update 

The non-raggedy dog has been returned and we took her back.  She tore up the tinder guy's apartment.  We never had a problem with that, but the foster before us did.  I think she was bored living by herself.  

I walked the dogs to the playground that I work at.  My kids wanted to play and it's the closest one.  This was the raggedy blind dogs first walk on a leash.  After she fell off of a curb I ended up having to carry her.  My students (there for an after-school class) borrowed my dog and ran him ragged.

I finally registered for the hammer race.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do it.  I guess I better get in shape.

I did the KB circuit, been eating like a dumb ass, but I'm hydrated.

• Like 11

I finally registered for the hammer race.  I wasn't sure if I was going to do it.  I guess I better get in shape.

Yay for Hammer race. Did you register for theSoring one? That's got to be coming up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Tell us more!  (I’ve never heard of a hammer race). 

13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I did the KB circuit, been eating like a dumb ass, but I'm hydrated.

With cider? :D 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I think she was bored living by herself.

Ja, dogs can become very destructive when they are bored. Inside they'll tear the place apart, outside they'll dig holes to the other side of the world.

22 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I walked the dogs to the playground that I work at.  My kids wanted to play and it's the closest one.  This was the raggedy blind dogs first walk on a leash.  After she fell off of a curb I ended up having to carry her.  My students (there for an after-school class) borrowed my dog and ran him ragged.

Aw sweet. Glad the kids and dogs had a good time. Lol, our two young dogs nearly ran our two boys ragged today. Had the dogs at the vet for their annual rabies shots, on leashes, but the boys were all over the place trying to keep the dogs in line. My fault, I usually handle everything, and this time I made it their jobs to help me. But it got done, and the ladies complimented the boys on handling the situation.

Enjoy spring break next week!

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

On 3/26/2019 at 7:19 AM, WhiteGhost said:

dice Gods usually demand as sacrifice

I think the ritual involves smudge sticks and torching a rare Pokemon card of your choosing.

• Like 2

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Aw poor poocho.    Yay she got to the park, still, kinda sorta haha.

Man, the eating over on my end has been stupid lately too.  It's a weird little epiphany/reminder that it isn't something that ever fully dissolves into a non-issue.  Just something you eventually get better at winning at. 

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Hello from the wilds! I found this for you today. 

A17DE0F5-6384-4D8D-B152-E3E0C00DC5BA.gif

• Like 3

the year of living trippily

The most current of all: Final Boss  Previous:    Adult Content

Brain Weasels    Choose Your Own Adventure Woman of Mystery -   Worth i Simplicity     

Spoiler

Take it Outside II

Take it Outside

Even More Current: 52 Days

Currently Current: 100 Days

Current: Queen 2: Electric Boogaloo

Queen of the Jungle

THE PEOPLE'S CHOICE CHALLENGE

Apart six: Amazon  (part 5)

(part 3: The Wickening)

(part 2) (part 1)

On 3/27/2019 at 12:59 PM, Shello said:

Yay for Hammer race. Did you register for theSoring one? That's got to be coming up soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.  I think it’s April 12.  Which means a couple of weeks to get ready.  Damn.  I should train.  

On 3/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, Xena said:

Awww so nice that you carried raggedy dog to the park. That has to count for some kind of functional fitness. Also love that the kids borrowed your dog.

Psyched to hear about the hammer race this year!

Hah.  Raggedy dog is maybe 10#, not a whole lot of fitness required. 

Thanks. 

On 3/28/2019 at 2:34 AM, Guzzi said:

Tell us more!  (I’ve never heard of a hammer race). 

With cider? :D 

Actually, yes.  I tried a local one.  It’s less sweet than most American ciders, but not too dry like some boutique ciders.  It was the mama bear of ciders.  Sociable Cider Training Wheels if any locals want to give it a try. 

The hammer race is awesome.  It’s an obstacle race.  Six or seven miles through the woods carrying a sledgehammer.  Rugged woods, a lot of it is up and down a steep river bluff.  The terrain is the hardest obstacle.  There are some typical OCR obstacles a few geared toward hammering.  

I’ve done a few now.  The first time I saw @Rooks was doing it on his thread and was intrigued.  @EricMN was there too.  I’ve done a couple where I was the only nerd.  I think it was last year, @The Most Loathed , @Rooks, @Shello , and I all did it as a group.  Tha5 was a lot of fun. 

On 3/28/2019 at 11:18 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

Ja, dogs can become very destructive when they are bored. Inside they'll tear the place apart, outside they'll dig holes to the other side of the world.

Aw sweet. Glad the kids and dogs had a good time. Lol, our two young dogs nearly ran our two boys ragged today. Had the dogs at the vet for their annual rabies shots, on leashes, but the boys were all over the place trying to keep the dogs in line. My fault, I usually handle everything, and this time I made it their jobs to help me. But it got done, and the ladies complimented the boys on handling the situation.

Enjoy spring break next week!

Thanks.  Yah, this one is high energy.  She’ll need the right home to keep her sane. 

On 3/28/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cheetah said:

I think the ritual involves smudge sticks and torching a rare Pokemon card of your choosing.

I have sage.  I could smudge.  The only Pokémon card I have is a Japanese SlowPoke one of my students gave me in ‘98.  I’d hate to lose that.  

12 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Aw poor poocho.    Yay she got to the park, still, kinda sorta haha.

Man, the eating over on my end has been stupid lately too.  It's a weird little epiphany/reminder that it isn't something that ever fully dissolves into a non-issue.  Just something you eventually get better at winning at. 

Hmmmph.  I’ve been getting worse at it.  I think getting my brain chemistry adjusted has something to do with it.  I’m not as agitated and angsty as I used to be, so I’m not losing my appetite.  It seems like you’ve been doing pretty well for a while now.  You’ll get it back.  The end of winter is hard on everyone’s diet. 

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

Hello from the wilds! I found this for you today. 

A17DE0F5-6384-4D8D-B152-E3E0C00DC5BA.gif

Hah.  I love it.  Imma text you tomorrow.  I’ll probably forget until late though.  Like I did  today.  And yesterday.  

• Like 2

4/1/19 Monday - April Fools day. 

I didn’t play any tricks on anybody.

let’s see.  Friday was the last day of the quarter.  Last week beat me up.  On the last day I had all my classes do shrinky-dink’s and perler beads.  None of them had done those before.  They were really into it.   In each class there was one helpful soul who took over the baking for everyone, same with the ironing. I didn’t assign it, they just wanted to help out their peers.  

I spent the weekend decompressing.  

I started giving my bikes their spring tune-ups.  Last fall I bought a big box of used bike parts from a friend’s shop that was going out of business.  I finally took it out of my trunk and I’m missing a set of components I know I bought.  I might have lost it in our cluttered garage, but I didn’t take the rest of the box out.  Most likely I left it at the shop after I bought it.  I do that kind of thing (ADD brain).

Sunday night we went to see a band.  Bob Mould, who I seem to see every year or two.  It was at a small club.  We got there early enough to get a table and were surrounded by local rock royalty. 

We took a Lyft over so we wouldn’t have to park.  The kid who picked us up had a new Audi.  He was 22 and had some of my friends for teachers.  I don’t understand how he can afford the car and insurance.  We got a ride home from a friend who was there.  Not having to worry about driving, I did too much hydrating - 3 and a half citrus IPAs.   

We didn’t get the penis ointment dog..  Mrs. Sloth didn’t tell me why.  He’d be a pretty tough sell; I can’t imagine he was adopted.

Today, we all slept in, a friend dropped by for a good chunk of time, and we went to see the Spiderverse (I think that’s what it was called) at the cheap theater.  I rate it “not half bad”.

If you’ll notice I didn’t mention fitnessing or my eating habits over the last four days....

Tomorrow  I have the day free and clear.  Hopefully I’ll have something to write about.  

• Like 9

Are you on spring break? Hope you all have a fun, relaxing time. I really loved Spiderverse. I wasn't expecting to. I wasn't going to go see it in the theater, but my son said he thought we should. I was glad I did. I thought it was super fun and I loved the animation.

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

He was 22 and had some of my friends for teachers.  I don’t understand how he can afford the car and insurance.

We see that here too: people in low salary jobs driving very expensive cars. Then sometimes you see the big truck come in and take the car away, just to be replaced a month later, by a smaller, just as expensive (maybe a tad cheaper) luxury car. Makes you wonder...

Hope you get some bike and training time during spring break.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We didn’t get the penis ointment dog..  Mrs. Sloth didn’t tell me why.  

I think in this case "Don't ask, don't tell" to be the best option.  I bet you are happy about it. 

• Like 1

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

18 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We didn’t get the penis ointment dog.

Aw, I hope he finds his forever home, with an owner than delights in the ointment routine as much as he will, God love him <3 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

On 3/27/2019 at 6:36 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

ant wrap my head around a swing without the hips.  The videos I watched had some curl in the lower back and thats what's hard on my back.  I think I brace correctly; I really had to work on that when I first hurt my back years ago.

Hm there definitely shouldn't be a curl in the lower back.. 

But you do use the hips, just in a different direction. You direct them up and back instead of forwards. It's more like a jump actually! Jumping with hips forward would be weird too, you just jump hips upwards.. that's pretty much what a sport swing is like, up up up. 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

20 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We took a Lyft over so we wouldn’t have to park.  The kid who picked us up had a new Audi.  He was 22 and had some of my friends for teachers.  I don’t understand how he can afford the car and insurance. 

Parents' car?

Drug dealer?
Won it on Wheel of Fortune?

Massive debt?

Hoping for C.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

On 4/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Sunday night we went to see a band.  Bob Mould, who I seem to see every year or two.  It was at a small club.  We got there early enough to get a table and were surrounded by local rock royalty. 

I would love to see Bob Mould!  Although I have to admit I haven't really listened to anything he's done since Husker Du.  How was the show?

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Hope Spring Break has treated you well!

LOVED perler beads as a kid so now I'm feeling all nostalgic and fuzzy, thanks.

I had never heard of this Hammer Race business and looked it up - it appears to be only one, not a series?

Sort of sad it is so far from me :(

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

On 4/1/2019 at 11:02 PM, Elastigirl said:

Are you on spring break? Hope you all have a fun, relaxing time. I really loved Spiderverse. I wasn't expecting to. I wasn't going to go see it in the theater, but my son said he thought we should. I was glad I did. I thought it was super fun and I loved the animation.

Yes,  I’m just finishing up spring break.  It was very relaxing.  I agree about Spiderverse. 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:14 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

We see that here too: people in low salary jobs driving very expensive cars. Then sometimes you see the big truck come in and take the car away, just to be replaced a month later, by a smaller, just as expensive (maybe a tad cheaper) luxury car. Makes you wonder...

Hope you get some bike and training time during spring break.

Thanks.  I didn’t get much in, but it was relaxing.  

On 4/2/2019 at 12:19 PM, Jakkals said:

I think in this case "Don't ask, don't tell" to be the best option.  I bet you are happy about it. 

Hah.  I didn’t mind, I’ll tell you what.

On 4/2/2019 at 4:55 PM, deftona said:

Aw, I hope he finds his forever home, with an owner than delights in the ointment routine as much as he will, God love him <3 

Lol.  That’s the rub isn’t it. The kind of person that wants to do that probably should be allowed near a dog.  

On 4/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, KB Girl said:

Hm there definitely shouldn't be a curl in the lower back.. 

But you do use the hips, just in a different direction. You direct them up and back instead of forwards. It's more like a jump actually! Jumping with hips forward would be weird too, you just jump hips upwards.. that's pretty much what a sport swing is like, up up up. 

When I watch the videos it looks like more of a butt wink, but maybe I’m looking at things wrong.  I’d really need coaching to change my swing.  I do cue myself to jump hen I swing.  It seems to help.  

On 4/2/2019 at 6:41 PM, Xena said:

Parents' car?

Drug dealer?
Won it on Wheel of Fortune?

Massive debt?

Hoping for C.

Most likely massive debt.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:23 PM, Cheetah said:

I would love to see Bob Mould!  Although I have to admit I haven't really listened to anything he's done since Husker Du.  How was the show?

Teh show was great.  Apparently the night before’s show (at a larger venue) blew people away.   Standing right next to me through out the show was Greg Norton from Husker Du.   The Bob Mould stuff is more wall of noise guitar than hardcore.  He has a million albums, you could really need out on it, but if you’re interested I’d start with the album Copper Blue that he did with Sugar. 

On 4/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, Hiroro said:

Hope Spring Break has treated you well!

LOVED perler beads as a kid so now I'm feeling all nostalgic and fuzzy, thanks.

I had never heard of this Hammer Race business and looked it up - it appears to be only one, not a series?

Sort of sad it is so far from me :(

I don’t think they were around when I was a kid.  It always surprises me that kids like it so much.  

Yeah, I think it’s a one-off race.  There’s a spring and a fall version.  @Sylvaa has threatened to road trip out for it.   Maybe she can pick you up in the fall.  

• Like 7