• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

The Courtyard (Monk General Chat)

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c899eb7337267332e*Bows*

Hello, monks. I am returning to the rebellion after a long time away, battling a demon of depression that took advantage of my weakened state after becoming a mother.

I have run with the Rangers up until now, but have just begun a Tai Chi practice, and want to work on it, mostly, with attendant training of mind, body, and spirit.

I feel like this is the place for me, but noticed Tai Chi was listed more under Druids. Any other practitioners of Tai Chi or Qigong here?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

I feel like this is the place for me, but noticed Tai Chi was listed more under Druids. Any other practitioners of Tai Chi or Qigong here? 

Welcome!

We definitely have had in the past, and some of us are in arts where that's one of the common cross-training options. That's one of those things, like meditation, that falls equally under two guild definitions, so it's totally up to you which one you want to check out.

The yardstick we use for everyone, even people doing no martial art at all, is "does this feel like the place you belong", and if so, this is your place. So we're very glad to have you, and your challenge sounds perfect for the monks.

Avatar-_The_Last_Airbender_-_109_-_The_W

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Welcome!

We definitely have had in the past, and some of us are in arts where that's one of the common cross-training options. That's one of those things, like meditation, that falls equally under two guild definitions, so it's totally up to you which one you want to check out.

The yardstick we use for everyone, even people doing no martial art at all, is "does this feel like the place you belong", and if so, this is your place. So we're very glad to have you, and your challenge sounds perfect for the monks.

Are you sure you're not an ambassador?

Also, welcome back Tzippi.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Welcome!

Then I think I will write up my challenge to be here with the monks this go around. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Are you sure you're not an ambassador? 

Totally sure. Just doin' what I've always done.

You can pass me the little round chocolates, though.

• Like 3

I was going to comment, but the Not-Ambassador beat me to it.

@Tzippi Longstockings, when I joined (ages ago) I had a debate about being a druid or monk, because my art is also a soft art and on the outside focused a bit more on flexibility, agility, balance, and lacked a lot of the hard strikes (me now:  Ahahahahaha Atemi all day long) the Monk Guild used to have as a descriptor.  But I realized I fit in better here, and now ya'll are stuck with me.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Totally sure. Just doin' what I've always done.

You can pass me the little round chocolates, though.

I gotta be honest, I had to exercise more self control than I expected not to just go on to the admin CP and change you to an ambassador.

12 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I gotta be honest, I had to exercise more self control than I expected not to just go on to the admin CP and change you to an ambassador.

There's probably counseling for that. You might know someone. And NF articles on willpower. And the power of habit. Think of all the days you've not gone into the admin panel and made me an ambassador. That's a pretty well established habit. Don't break the chain.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

There's probably counseling for that. You might know someone. And NF articles on willpower. And the power of habit. Think of all the days you've not gone into the admin panel and made me an ambassador. That's a pretty well established habit. Don't break the chain.

Honestly, I am tempted to have him just slightly adjust your title so it becomes with Non-Ambassador and Ankh-Monkpork Distributer of zer Cocoa. But I think a three line title might be a bit much.  And if I still had that shiny button I'd probably have done it already. :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Honestly, I am tempted to have him just slightly adjust your title so it becomes with Non-Ambassador and Ankh-Monkpork Distributer of zer Cocoa. But I think a three line title might be a bit much.  And if I still had that shiny button I'd probably have done it already. :P

A man can only resist so much. I said it in Discworld.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Dear Gods, what am I now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RisenPhoenix said:

25 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

There will be contracts lodged with the assassin's guild by nightfall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

Thankfully their quota has already been met for 2019.  Try again in 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

1 hour ago, RisenPhoenix said:

Thankfully their quota has already been met for 2019.  Try again in 2020.

I'm essentially the Patrician of the forums, I'm not worried.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Is anyone here a GMB afficionado? I'm interested, but having information overload issues.

I think @Elastigirl uses it.

Yep, I'm a GMB fangirl. :smile-new: What's your questions? They usually recommend you start with either Vitamin something or other (don't recall the name exactly) Elements or Integral Strength. If you tell me what you want to do, or are interested in getting better at , I can tell you what programs might fit that. 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, sarakingdom said:

Is anyone here a GMB afficionado? I'm interested, but having information overload issues.

I have the Elements program. I have also used several of their specific mobility routines. You've probably seen some of my comments about it in my challenge threads.

• Like 1