5 minutes 'till midnight (KB Girl)

KB Girl

This is the last challenge before the challenge that includes the kettlebell sport world championship.. and it's a busy challenge in it's own right, I've got our own annual competition coming up (april 6th) a training camp hosted by yours truly right after and a terribly timed weekend away with family before all that. 

What's kettlebell sport you ask? Well.. doing this (first jerk, then snatch) for 10 minutes, for as many reps as possible without putting the bell down. Or switching hands more than once on snatch. 

What needs to happen is making sure my head doesn't explode from all the organisational stress, making sure that it's all actually sorted on time because I'll be going away AND I can't afford the all nighters anymore since having a child. I also of course have to put in the training hours, get some sleep to recover AND it would be really nice to get down to my competition weight this challenge so I won't have to worry about it in the last couple training weeks... UGH. 

Here is the plan; 

1. Eat around 2000kcal a day

• using a rough guesstimated head count (I'm good at that, comes with the dietician job) 
  • actually meal plan and meal prep! 
  • I need to go from 78/79 kg to under 75 kg

2. Start preparing for bed before 23:00

• no phone in bed, last challenge proved that this helps
  • do some laundry before bed as part of the prep

3. Training

• Keep up the volume but keep a lot of freedom (this is necessary for me to actually do it)
  • snatch 3x a week, jerk 2x, squat 2x, deadlift once, extra cardio 2x, GMB P1 2x
  • Keep a running lunges and 'anything pull' counter

Side project; 

• Read up on diastasis recti and pelvic health
    (to improve my knowledge as a trainer and possibly maybe hopefully stop the peeing 6x every training session)
  • Like 5

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

16 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Hey, gonna keep each other updated, we need to be ready!!!

Yes! Thanks, it'll be more 'fun' suffering this together :) 

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Busy times indeed! But exciting. :) 

Yea I am looking forward to it all :) 

Following for the kettlebells.  Happy Challenge!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

8 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

That was evil, commenting about being hungry, making me come here, seeing that delicious lunch....

Hehe, as I commented I was actually eating some plain yoghurt/kwark for lunch and being sad :P

Alright- updates!

Monday the little one was more than a couple of handfuls and I was too tired to do paraletts after she went to bed as I had planned. On the plus side, I did end up going to bed really early.

I also pre-counted some standard meals that I like to eat, made the challenge spread in my bujo, stalked the forums way too much and stayed under 2000 kcal. Yay :)

Tuesday the morning ladies strength class was only 2 people who've been training with me for a while, so instead of teaching I participated. We did squats (me 5 x 7 with 40kg), some lunges and then the paralettes training I had skipped on Monday. They liked it, win-win. Then in the afternoon (after my sad yoghurt/kwark lunch) I did my kettlebell training;

- very proper warmup with all my hip and shoulder work

- 3:00 jerk with 2x14kg at pace 15 (that's very high pace, it was intense)

- then snatch with 1:00 work, 1:00 rest, 3:00 work, 1:00 rest, 1:00 work, all with 14kg 

- some hanging in the rings to finish up

Looks like I'll stay under 2000 kcal also today, my second lunch was a bit excessive but also rather late, so I'm just having some hearty soup now before going to bed. Tomorrow is my day off work but I'll maybe try to bring Emma and do some deadlifts.. and I'll definitely do some meal planning and go grocery shopping. Definitely hopefully. 

• Like 3

Aw, fun. :D

And yayayay, world championships right around the corner!

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 3/13/2019 at 7:32 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor second breakfast gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor jealous gif

Oh boy I wish I could fit second breakfast into my calorie total, but then all the meals would be so tiny it'd be a total misnomer. 

I envy your lasagne ;_;

On 3/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, @mu said:

Nice start!

:P brilliant!

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's awesome you joined in the class, I really like training together with my coaches. On one hand you see them struggle like the rest of us and on the other hand you see just how awesome they are!

I know what you mean! That's exactly the problem I have in body control classes.. can't claim any awesome there. At least with lifting kettlebells or other weights I'm sure at least my form will be extra awesome even if I don't lift more weight x) 

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Aw, fun. :D

And yayayay, world championships right around the corner!

Sooo close, don't mention it too often, my heart rate actually goes up xD 

Wednesday was a bit of a struggle, I went to bed on time but I brought a book and I really just shouldn't because I like reading too much and it was past midnight before I put the book away.. which would have been alright if for the rest of the night Emma didn't wake up coughing every half hour or so. 

I did meal plan, do the grocery shopping, prepped some food for lunches the next couple days and cooked dinner.... but I had some chocolate covered raisins and I didn't count the calories, so I might have been under/at 2000 but I just don't know for sure. I put Emma in bed at 19:30 and then went to bed too, which was a good idea since the coughing was far from over x)

Thursday- because of the coughing Jaap slept in the other room and then let me sleep in a bit, so I was alright. Had an easy morning and went to work at noon, had planned lunch, ignored the chocolate that was offered.. did some lifting before classes; 

back squats, 3x35, 3x45, 2x55, 1x65, 1x70, 1 failed 75, 1x65, 5x55

deadlifts, 5x55, 5x65, 5x65, 5x75, 5x65, 5x65

ring pull-up negatives x4

couple of lunges and other leg extra's 

Got home at 21:30, ate leftover dinner (definitely under 2000 today), now trying to chill so I can get to bed on time. I didn't do any snatching today though I should have, so I'll have to try to get that in tomorrow morning before work. And some extra cardio.. 

On 3/11/2019 at 3:15 PM, KB Girl said:

Look, I made an overview for in my bullet journal :) And lunch. 

Oh my GAWD this is beautiful (the bujo and the food!)

4 hours ago, KB Girl said:

ignored the chocolate that was offered

That takes strength lol. 

:( I hope Emma's coughing gets better soon! 

Bounty Hunter Jedi Assasin

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Love your Bujo! Tomorrow I will make a pretty one for my challenge. That always inspires me. Good job at keeping it to your calorie limit

Wisdom 21   Dexterity 11   Charisma 14   Strength 18  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Bullet journal definitely has a PRO look!

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

And some extra cardio.. 

Doesn't KB on its own count as some form of cardio? Do you have to add something specific for KB training? or just because you like cardio?

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Kettlebells and food!

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

On 3/15/2019 at 3:14 AM, Happienumber said:

Oh my GAWD this is beautiful (the bujo and the food!)

That takes strength lol. 

:( I hope Emma's coughing gets better soon! 

Thank you :) 

So far no luck.. other than the cough she's alright though, so I'm going to resist taking her to a doctor as long as possible.. don't want any stupid antibiotics if it's avoidable. 

On 3/15/2019 at 4:47 AM, Elastigirl said:

Love your Bujo! Tomorrow I will make a pretty one for my challenge. That always inspires me. Good job at keeping it to your calorie limit

:) You should! Mine is still a pretty simple setup, but I wanted it to be pleasant to look at everyday.

20 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

What are you reading? :) 

Oh fan fiction, what else? x) 

14 hours ago, @mu said:

Bullet journal definitely has a PRO look!

Doesn't KB on its own count as some form of cardio? Do you have to add something specific for KB training? or just because you like cardio?

Yes KB work is definitely cardio.. that's my weakest point though, so it's good to do a little extra. My heart rate tends to hit the max pretty early on, and you can imagine it's not fun at all to still have a couple minutes to go when you're sitting there. 

14 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Kettlebells and food!

What's not to love, right? ;)

• Like 1

Friday there was a shark attack.. the planned training was just a big NOPE after that. During my pregnancy I had VERY bad pelvic girdle pain, to the point where I couldn't walk without bawling... and every month during that time of the month I have some of the same symptoms for one or two days. It's getting better and better, it used to be three days and much worse, so it's all good.. just annoying it's still not gone x) Needed a painkiller to sleep. Stupid hormones. 

Anyway, other than that it was a good day, I got to sleep in and I kept under my calories. I wasn't hungry during the day, but in the middle of the night I get REALLY hungry, hehehe. 

Hopefully I can do fridays work today or tomorrow and still finish all my volume for the week, but it'll be tricky since I don't have my usual babysitter today and I'm skipping work tomorrow because of a kids birthday party.. We'll see.