• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chemgeek

Chemgeek runs in the swamps of Dagobah

... and the ice sheets of Hoth apparently, given that the attached photo is the view out the back door.

Yes that is a  snow bank the height of the roof of the bungalow I live in. Canada!

But yes, this month's challenge is all about the kilometers, baby. 62.5 of them, to be precise.

1. Run 3x per week according to training plan. (Monday, Friday and Saturday presently. Possibly moving to Wed, Fri, Sun depending on game night). Cover 62.5k by end of challenge.

2. Get and use custom orthotics to avoid runner's knee. 

3. Martial Arts Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. If traveling, practice Kata in the hotel room anyway. 

4. Diet: eat veggies, pack lunches with snacks so you're not starving by day end so you can stop with the backsliding on junk food. A bowl of ice cream before bed every day is not a good food choice. It is happening because I am eating not enough in the day and then I get home and I eat supper and am still hungry and I make bad decisions when I let myself not eat 8 hours straight and I don't have a meal plan. So I need to restart the meal plan.

1552304219176263264501045925399.jpg

• Like 3

Today meal plan

Breakfast: 130g berries, 15g hemp, 15g chia, yogurt (100g)

Snack: 85g carrots, 30g cheese

Lunch: 1 serving home made pork pumpkin kale curry with brown rice

Snack: banana, 25g cashews

Supper: chicken stir fry with bell peppers and brown rice

Exercise plan: 5k run after work

1 hour ago, chemgeek said:

Giving yogurt making a try today! :)

Excellent! I've started doing that a lot lately. I have a batch for this week incubating right now. Are you doing the thermometer method, or using an instant pot?

• Like 1

Today food: 

15g chia

15g hemp

140g mixed berries

85g carrots

22g cheese

1 cup pork lentil curry & rice

25g cashews

1 clementine

Supper TBD. Probably leftover chicken soup? 

Tonight martial arts and also straining yogurt

• Like 2

Yesterday supper was not super healthy pasta because reasons that amount to I didn't get home till11 and I was tired. 

Today's food:

Breakfast: oatmeal and berries

Snack: home made plain yogurt and banana

Lunch: curry again

Snack: carrots and cashews

Supper: lasagna. It fits my macros. 

17 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Instant pot

It is pretty darned easy. Even more after I realized that if I boiled it at night, it held it at incubation temperature while it waited, so I could let it coast down overnight, and I wouldn't have to manually remember anything.

Yeah. 1st attempt failed because I added the starter to milk that was too hot. 2nd attempt I popped it in the fridge overnight and added to cold milk. Nice and yogurt. :)

• Like 3

I  am wiped today. Combination lack of sleep and time change.

Whyyy did North America not do away with daylight saving nonsense after the wars? 

11 minutes ago, chemgeek said:

Whyyy did North America not do away with daylight saving nonsense after the wars? 

I am soooooo with you on this. At this point I hope we would just keep daylight savings time all year. I would rather have it get light at 5:30am in the summer and 8am in the winter and have more light in the afternoon in the winter.

• Like 1

Agreed.

Actually had a 15min nap in the car before driving to martial arts and the choice was a good one. I needed the nap. 

Martial Arts was nonstellar. Not *bad* but not good. Thoroughly meh. 

Tomorrow is short run, Saturday martial arts and long run and Sunday ball hockey. Busy weekend planned.

Weird thought: watched the She-Ra reboot a while back. Aside from continuity issues in animation (Adora's amazing teleporting sword among others), the story is actually a surprisingly nuanced look at the effects of childhood emotional abuse. Presented in an age appropriate manner.

• Like 1

Bleh. Ate a lemon bar in a meeting today and now am having a reactive hypoglycemia episode. On the way out of it now but felt real gross there for a while. 

Lesson learned: I got too lazy on the food front over the weekend and now and need to eat better and definitely stop eating things with stupid high glycemic indices and then wondering why I feel like shit when I KNOW I have mild reactive hypoglycemia.

• Sad 1

Martial Arts today was a thigh killer. I am really tempted to try to squeeze in a run to make up for slacking off last weekend but OTOH tomorrow is long run day. I know I will be setting myself up to fail if I don't rest. 

EDIT: zomfg I couldn't run if I wanted to today my DOMS is so bad. Can barely walk straight. 

Definitely a rest day. Back to the grind tomorrow!

Traveling today. Travel breakfast I'd a side of ham and a fruit bowl because literally everything else was unhealthy and processed to hell and back. I want real food plz. 

• Like 1

Yay for doing the 7K in spite of being in non-optimal shape.

My sympathy on your travel food woes. I'm going to be facing that next week.