• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chemgeek

Chemgeek runs in the swamps of Dagobah

5 days activity 2 weeks running! 

Cutting out junk completely this week because I have developed a daily sweets habit. Also alcohol because I drank too much last week and with my family history a few weeks of abstinence is warranted. 

(I may just make a rule that I am not to drink on work trips full stop. I always seem to drink more than I should on them, so if something about work trips disables my ability to make consumption choices which abide by my personal rules for consumption, maybe I just shouldn't consume at all in that environment). 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Cutting out junk completely this week because I have developed a daily sweets habit. Also alcohol because I drank too much last week and with my family history a few weeks of abstinence is warranted. 

You are an inspiration.  cutting out the junk can be a hard thing to do and a really good idea.

8 hours ago, chemgeek said:

(I may just make a rule that I am not to drink on work trips full stop. I always seem to drink more than I should on them, so if something about work trips disables my ability to make consumption choices which abide by my personal rules for consumption, maybe I just shouldn't consume at all in that environment). 

It might be the best idea. I'm looking at doing that too. I have twice yearly trips that always have a lot of consumption. Will make it easier for me that I know one of the other people quit drinking too so it's nice to have a buddy. 

It's good to recognize situations that lead to excess and what needs to be done to correct it. 

Yeah. My family history is... Problematic... When it comes to addiction. I don't abstain entirely but I do set strict limits and enforce breaks if I notice that I am breaking those limits.

Yeah, work trips present all sorts of temptation.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, chemgeek said:

On 4/1/2019 at 5:21 PM, chemgeek said:

Yeah. My family history is... Problematic... When it comes to addiction. I don't abstain entirely but I do set strict limits and enforce breaks if I notice that I am breaking those limits.

Mine too. Not horrid, but enough to raise concerns. Plus alcohol is empty calories. If I'm going to consume excess calories, I usually want them to contain chocolate.

Kudos to you for recognizing the pattern before it gets to be a problem.

Accountability: going on my long run tomorrow morning because my track is closed today and ice storm precludes running outside.

• Like 1

Sooooo... In hockey took a shot to the gut that was still v painful 20 min later. Called a health information line. Advised to ER. At ER. In pain. 

So. Not how I had planned my Sunday.

• Sad 2

Verdict: Abdo wall injury, very nasty bruise, and bonus hematoma. 

I might have had some mild internal bleeding, will find out in 5-7 days if I suddenly get worse in which case I need to go back. 

On the upside, I was not the poor guy with a very obviously and nasty broken ankle.

Ouch!  My sympathy on your injury.

One more example of team sports being more dangerous than martial arts.

• Like 1

Gave Zombies run we a run a try. Found out live GPs tracking on my phone doesn't work with it so it was tracking my distance as the crow flies and I was running on windy roads... unless I have the app open so wound up running 12k in 1.5 hours.. will activate step counting next time.

On the upside, more distance. And now I have a lot of confidence that I can finish my 10k.

• Like 2