• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

[Mad Hatter] Gotta go fast

10 minutes ago, Arkania said:

Of course not. ;)
I don't think about other poeples figures/weight, sometimes I don't evene recognize it (and I am very bad at estimating weight).

We really are our own worst critics! Estimating weight is ridiculously hard though.

Oh and great WTF moment today - we were doing crab walks along the corridor just as our colleague walked in. Sometimes I forget what's considered normal gym stuff. :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I ended up doing a fun, extended warm up with lots and lots of animal walks and jumps, and I got my friend to join in.

You are doing the world a great service by spreading the Good Word :D 

I gave myself a break on the strength work and only focused on the fun silly things.

Legit strategy for excess gravity days

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh and great WTF moment today - we were doing crab walks along the corridor just as our colleague walked in. Sometimes I forget what's considered normal gym stuff. :lol:

Crab walks aren't normal gym stuff?   [takes notes for next time I go to a gym] :P 

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Way to get movement in even though you were less than 100%. Sounds like it was a lot of fun! :)

Thanks!

41 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

You are doing the world a great service by spreading the Good Word :D 

Crab walks aren't normal gym stuff?   [takes notes for next time I go to a gym] :P 

Haha I try. :D 

Based on the reaction I got I'm going to guess... no? Though out of all the weird things I do I feel like crab walks are very far down the list. :P 

• Like 3

I LOVE your idea to hydrate, eat, and meditate before you decided to go back to bed! What a good way to check in with how your body is feeling!
I’m seriously, 1000% stealing that.

That “silly stuff” workout sounds like a blast.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Great way to handle the not feeling 100% on both days :)

Thanks! But it's getting boring now. ;) 

32 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

I LOVE your idea to hydrate, eat, and meditate before you decided to go back to bed! What a good way to check in with how your body is feeling!
I’m seriously, 1000% stealing that.

That “silly stuff” workout sounds like a blast.

Honestly it was because I'm getting really sick of me procrastinating so much in the morning. I don't know why I'm struggling with this lately, it's not usually such a big problem. The worst part is that I feel progressively worse and get lower energy levels by lying in bed since I don't eat or drink. So I tried this as an experiment, and I've gotta say it felt really, really helpful. Definitely keeping this one too! :) 

It is, I love that stuff!

• Like 3

Late to the party, but in for this, of course 

giphy.gif

crab walks should become gym standard and if they aren't yet you are pioneering, go you :)

Nice stripper squats (I'll train on those too now :D ) and great job on self care to catch off any flu stuff right up front, hopefully. Ooooh and I am still in awe of your hand balancing but then you know that :wub:

Parkour wheeeeeeee! 

I had to rush like crazy to class as I had to go to a meeting starting at 6:30 pm... Stupid time zones. It was a useful meeting, and it doesn't happen very often so it was ok, but still.

I had a really good class though. We did a whole bunch of pretty basic stuff.

• Underbar and 360 underbar. Being tall is not advantage here! My poor abs. :lol:
  • I have no idea what this one is called, but you lie on your stomach, grab a rail that's just underneath you, and roll over feet first into a hang. The same way as you'd get down from a trapeze net if that means anything to you. :P I was prepared for it to be scary because you end up looking straight down at the ground which is about 2.5-3 m below, but it was plain fun!
  • Tic tac into a step vault - felt nice and fast
  • Strides - The move's not hard but I'm finding it really tricky to control the momentum as I stop. These are basically strides.
    giphy.gif
  • Lache landing on a slanting wall - it was a very small one but I still find the timing and judging the amount of power needed difficult.
  • Negative climb ups, so getting down instead of going up. Half technique, half strength work.
  • A few creative challenges where we had to come up with different ways of getting over two boxes placed at right angle to each other. E.g. as silent as possible, as few steps as possible, as many spins and turns as possible, as fast as possible... I really like this type of challenge! I have so few moves in my repertoire that it makes it tricky to come up with stuff but that forces you to get a little creative.

Random note 1 - it's crazy how fast balance improves. The first time I struggled with finding any balance whatsoever, today I was happily doing sets of 10 squats on them in my warmup. 

Random note 2 - it's really interesting to me how much weaker I feel in the morning, at least when it comes to pull-ups. In the morning workout I managed to juuust about scrape together 3 pull-ups in my first set. A few hours later I tried again and I did 4 really solid ones. This seems to be a regular occurrence. It's plain biology, but it's never been this obvious to me before.

I also noticed that I need a much, much longer rest between sets than I think I do and I should start timing them. I don't know for how long I stand around chatting, but I'd guess 2-3 minutes and that is not enough as for each set I do 0.5-1 pull-up less.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Late to the party, but in for this, of course 

giphy.gif

crab walks should become gym standard and if they aren't yet you are pioneering, go you :)

Nice stripper squats (I'll train on those too now :D ) and great job on self care to catch off any flu stuff right up front, hopefully. Ooooh and I am still in awe of your hand balancing but then you know that :wub:

Yay you're back!

I concur! Not sure if I can call it pioneering considering it's only the office gym, but it's fun nonetheless.

Haha yeah gotta work on those stripper squats! :D 

Thank youuu :) 

• Like 1

Hahahaha I just discovered that my entire abs are completely covered in tiny little specs of bruises. :lol: From the climb up negatives, I relied quite heavily on friction to slow down the descent. Hey better than using the elbows. :P 

Also the following scenario seems to be a thing:

Before class - meeh I'm kinda tired from a long day

During class - wheee this is fun!

Right after class - whaaaat is it already over I don't wanna stop I can go for HOURS more!

After sitting down for 5 minutes - whyy are my legs incapable of moving anymoooore?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I had to rush like crazy to class as I had to go to a meeting starting at 6:30 pm... Stupid time zones. It was a useful meeting, and it doesn't happen very often so it was ok, but still.

Ugh late meetings are the worst, but glad you still managed to have a good class in spite of it!

Random note 2 - it's really interesting to me how much weaker I feel in the morning, at least when it comes to pull-ups. In the morning workout I managed to juuust about scrape together 3 pull-ups in my first set. A few hours later I tried again and I did 4 really solid ones. This seems to be a regular occurrence. It's plain biology, but it's never been this obvious to me before.

I also noticed that I need a much, much longer rest between sets than I think I do and I should start timing them. I don't know for how long I stand around chatting, but I'd guess 2-3 minutes and that is not enough as for each set I do 0.5-1 pull-up less.

Interesting! I always knew that in theory, but have never really experienced it in practice.

Right after class - whaaaat is it already over I don't wanna stop I can go for HOURS more!

After sitting down for 5 minutes - whyy are my legs incapable of moving anymoooore?

Sounds about right!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I have no idea what this one is called

I have no idea either but I use all the time.  I bet @raptron knows, though ;) 

A few creative challenges where we had to come up with different ways of getting over two boxes placed at right angle to each other. E.g. as silent as possible, as few steps as possible, as many spins and turns as possible, as fast as possible... I really like this type of challenge! I have so few moves in my repertoire that it makes it tricky to come up with stuff but that forces you to get a little creative.

Nice, that sounds like a lot of fun.  This is the kind of thing that makes class work fun.

Random note 1 - it's crazy how fast balance improves. The first time I struggled with finding any balance whatsoever, today I was happily doing sets of 10 squats on them in my warmup. 

Wait, you are doing squats on a railing?  I need to work on my balance more, because suddenly I have an overwhelming desire to do this :D 

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Nice, that sounds like a lot of fun.  This is the kind of thing that makes class work fun.

For sure! I think it's a good mentality to bring in personal practices as well, but it's easy to forget that silly challenges are always an option. :) 

5 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wait, you are doing squats on a railing?  I need to work on my balance more, because suddenly I have an overwhelming desire to do this :D 

Of course you do! :lol: Standing with your feet parallel to the rail is easier than perpendicular. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Ugh late meetings are the worst, but glad you still managed to have a good class in spite of it!

Parkour always puts me in a good mood! :D 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

:D 

6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I have no idea either but I use all the time.  I bet @raptron knows, though ;) 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Uggh dumb day is dumb.

• After EIGHT attempts over several days (their phone hours are very generous, between 3-4 pm) I finally managed to call the Iranian embassy to ask about the visa application process. During which they kept referring me back to the website, which I had already checked and which did NOT contain the information I wanted. So I kept repeating my question over and over and over again until I got an answer. Le sigh.
  • Got a little grumpy at someone at work as I had repeatedly warned him about something, which inevitably happened, and which now means more work for me. Though honestly this one's a bit on me, I knew this was going to happen and I should've just done it the way I wanted to straight away instead of listening to him. But it's still a little annoying when I say one thing, he counters me, I decide to go with it because it's his problem, then he changes his mind and wants the thing I said from the beginning.
  • Got thrown under the boss by another colleague when he asked me to do a thing which requires communicating with people at the parent company about things that are way out of my comfort zone. I ended up in this really awkward situation where I know that the person is being difficult and possibly a jerk, but I also can't say anything because I have no idea what I'm doing and trying very hard to make sure he won't find out. Being snarky just doesn't work when you literally sit and google what the hell is on about as we chat, or even less when you're trying to get them to do something for you. ;) But I do know that when he complains about a cost of $17/month for a load balancer in an infrastructure that costs many hundreds of thousands of $$$ he's being a douche. Frustrating.

On the plus side I did the lower body modules of myFlex. I didn't have time to do the whole thing because of another meeting - why am I even getting involved in these?! At least my hips felt really good after a good flexy workout. :) 

25 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

After EIGHT attempts over several days (their phone hours are very generous, between 3-4 pm) I finally managed to call the Iranian embassy to ask about the visa application process. During which they kept referring me back to the website, which I had already checked and which did NOT contain the information I wanted. So I kept repeating my question over and over and over again until I got an answer. Le sigh.

Did you check this page?

http://e_visa.mfa.ir/en/

[edit: link fixed]

Sorry for the bad day :abnormal:but yeah for Cirque Physio!

11 minutes ago, @mu said:

Did you check that page?

http://e_visa.mfa.ir/en/

Sorry for the bad day :abnormal:but yeah for Cirque Physio!

Yeah I found out about the e-visa but I had trouble finding out what rules apply specifically for Swedish citizens and whether I needed to get the physical documentation done at the embassy or not.

Today wasn't toooo bad overall, I just had to deal a weeee bit much with people. :P Phone call + meeting + holding a demo session + awkward convo is too much for one day. Ok let's be honest, for one week haha.

5 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Phone call + meeting + holding a demo session + awkward convo is too much for one day. Ok let's be honest, for one week haha.

um yeah that would've thrown me right off my rails. if only we could go into work and say, okay today i will not be talking to anyone. i'll be working, but do not engage.

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yeah I found out about the e-visa but I had trouble finding out what rules apply specifically for Swedish citizens and whether I needed to get the physical documentation done at the embassy or not.

They will tell you during the process - if it's needed. But you did get an answer in the end?

6 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Phone call + meeting + holding a demo session + awkward convo is too much

Yewwww :lol: (I can relate)

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

um yeah that would've thrown me right off my rails. if only we could go into work and say, okay today i will not be talking to anyone. i'll be working, but do not engage.

As long as I only have to deal with the people at my office everything's great. Then I can do exactly that. :P Usually I don't even have to tell them, one look at my face is enough haha. :lol: 

Today was really an exception that I got even a little annoyed at any of my colleagues. I don't usually work with this guy very closely and I'm only now beginning to understand how he functions and how to handle him. 

Just now, @mu said:

They will tell you during the process - if it's needed. But you did get an answer in the end?

Yewwww :lol: (I can relate)

Not even sure. :D But I do know I'll be able to sort it out at the embassy. It shouldn't be any problems.

Haha