• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mad Hatter

[Mad Hatter] Gotta go fast

19 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:
  • Training is ridiculously fun right now!
  • It's got a much better variety than before, not just in terms of activities but also in the type of movement. It's a lot of fun discovering different types of dynamic moves and learning to use speed and power which is very foreign to me, and also learning to lift.
  • My body has been feeling much happier as a result of the above (Except for some sitting/work related niggles.)
  • It's a lot but I've been better at auto regulating my sessions and my overall energy levels feel really high. To the point where people are making fun of me haha.

So much awesome!  It is really exciting to see how much better of a place you are in than you have been for what seems like years.

Sorry about your elbow.. On the bright side, it's reasonably good timing? x) 

Hope you have a lot of fun on vacation! 

It's a bit difficult to plan deload when going to quite a few classes too. You have to tweak for sure.

In any case, training is looking very good, much more balanced than before and lots of fun indeed!

On 4/14/2019 at 6:45 AM, WhiteGhost said:

So much awesome!  It is really exciting to see how much better of a place you are in than you have been for what seems like years.

Thanks! I feel like on the whole things have been good for the past years but maybe it seems different from an outside perspective. :) 

On 4/14/2019 at 10:43 AM, KB Girl said:

Sorry about your elbow.. On the bright side, it's reasonably good timing? x) 

Hope you have a lot of fun on vacation! 

It got better after only a few days and I could climb on it fine this weekend, well at least for a while. The annoying thing about it is that rest doesn’t help, otherwise it would’ve been good timing.

Thanks!!! :D 

16 hours ago, @mu said:

It's a bit difficult to plan deload when going to quite a few classes too. You have to tweak for sure.

In any case, training is looking very good, much more balanced than before and lots of fun indeed!

It’s only two classes, but still difficult to plan. Especially when I get my high energy days and don’t stop moving. :D 

Maybe one day I’ll be able to stick to one or two things like you and actually make progress... But it is not now. :P 

Rest of birthday weekend was a lot of fun too! :) 

Climbing was ok, up until the point where I tried a heavy mantle which triggered my elbow again. Nowhere near as bad as last time, but I did have to stop climbing pretty soon after that. Now it's still irritated but not prohibitively so. 

Then we went out for Mexican followed by fancy cocktails at the least secret speak easy in existence. There are no signs whatsoever and you have to knock on the door to get in, but you know, there's yelp. ;) 

On Sunday my friends came over for brunch and a stroll in the forest. Helsinki is a nice place to live, but in terms of tourist attractions it really falls short. :P Luckily my friends don't mind my personal favourite kind of touristing - eating and drinking haha. 

This morning I woke up very tired, almost like I'm getting sick, but I actually think it's something in my bedroom that's been irritating my airways for the past two days and making me sleep badly. Hmm. I still got to the gym and did some squats and upper body work. Not a lot as everything felt very heavy. 

Today parkour in the evening, tomorrow packing and getting shit ready for my trip! To Iran, I finally got the visa! :D 

• Like 5

Eating and drinking is the best kind of tourism... that's what I remember my vacations/trips by anyway x) 

Sooooooo what are your plans for the elbow if rest doesn't help it?

24 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yay!!! Have a great trip!

Thanks!!!! 

17 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Eating and drinking is the best kind of tourism... that's what I remember my vacations/trips by anyway x) 

Sooooooo what are your plans for the elbow if rest doesn't help it?

Right?!

Umm stop slacking on myflex for the shoulders and start doing the forearm extensor exercises again. :P And also avoiding the one move that seems to irritate it when climbing. It's only really locking off on fingery holds that triggers it, and it's a move that I'm ok with avoiding for a bit while my climbing strength slowly improves. Since I only climb about once a week I have plenty of other, and honestly more fun, climbs to choose from. :) My elbow has been good for a while now so I'm not overly concerned, I think/hope it was only a short temporary setback.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

To Iran, I finally got the visa! :D 

Woot woot!! Tutututut Iran :D Have a GREAT trip!

Little side note: if you do need to do online stuff, maybe pack a few VPN apps on your phone, just in case. Gmail, whatsapp, NF, Instagram are usually not censored. You might not need it at all, but who knows it could come handy and it can be done before hand. Last one that worked ok for me was Tor vpn. But sometimes you have to alternate.

Have you prepped for the dress code?

3 hours ago, annyshay said:

Enjoy Iran!!! And happy belated birthday. :)

Thanks! :D 

8 minutes ago, @mu said:

Woot woot!! Tutututut Iran :D Have a GREAT trip!

Little side note: if you do need to do online stuff, maybe pack a few VPN apps on your phone, just in case. Gmail, whatsapp, NF, Instagram are usually not censored. You might not need it at all, but who knows it could come handy and it can be done before hand. Last one that worked ok for me was Tor vpn. But sometimes you have to alternate.

Have you prepped for the dress code?

I’m thinking about using censorship as an excuse for a social media detox. :P 

Lol nope, not at all. :D We’ll go shopping on day 1 and my friend will lend me something for the airport. And show me how to wear a scarf haha. 

So stoked! 

• Like 2

Great parkour session today! We only did two things really, pres and running cat leaps, but a loooot of repetition which I enjoyed today. Luckily my pres were on point otherwise it would've been terrible. ;) The most fun one was one where you had to land basically in a halfway sissy squat position as the space was too small to land in in a regular squat. Tricky but fun! We also did our chosen jump that we've been repeating the past few sessions and today I stuck many landings as opposed to maybe one last time. Not sure if it's progress or a good day but I'll take it. :P 

In the last 15 minutes we got to choose if we wanted to play a game or do conditioning and for a reason I struggle with understanding myself I chose conditioning. We did it as a team, where for each exercise we had to collectively get the required number of reps. One of the exercises was 70 underbars, so I started with those. I did 25 ran back to mark it on the paper just as the teacher changed it to 40 since we were only 3 people. Oh well, I wanted conditioning, I got conditioning. :D 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Lol nope, not at all. :D We’ll go shopping on day 1 and my friend will lend me something for the airport. And show me how to wear a scarf haha. 

Ha ha that's the best to get a proper feel for clothing vs temperature as well. Have a great trip!

2 hours ago, @mu said:

Ha ha that's the best to get a proper feel for clothing vs temperature as well. Have a great trip!

Cheers! :D 

25 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

underbars?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Happy belated, and have a great trip!!!

Thanks!!!

And I’m off!! See you next challenge :D 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Norgaard said:

yay for parkour!!!!!!!

underbars are scary. but not as much as kong vault

Huh, what are you finding scary about underbars? I find it's a move that you can often do relatively slowly and controlled with little risk of death and destruction, unlike kongs. ;) Of course everyone is very different and mental hangups are often completely arbitrary, I'm just curious!

Btw this is a super old thread ;)