• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WhiteGhost

WhiteGhost wants to VJ

Wow these are so many moves! I’m tired just watching them!
I really like your video angle and the way you filmed them. It looks very professional and clear as to what’s going on in each move.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those gifs are so helpful! I don't feel like they necessarily need to be higher quality, they're clear as they are and quick to load.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Yep, I do the re-grip thing but the issue I have is that the re-grip happens at the top of the swing in that period of relative weightlessness but I tend to start losing my grip before I get to that point, so I would have to be re-gripping mid-swing.  I think I need to check my fit, because my grips may be too small for my hands, which is limiting the reach of my fingers around the bar.  

They also might just not be broken in yet! It takes a lot of tap swings to get there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Wow these are so many moves! I’m tired just watching them!
I really like your video angle and the way you filmed them. It looks very professional and clear as to what’s going on in each move.

I'm glad they come across OK.  I specifically picked this angle because that's what you get when I lean my phone against my water bottle  :D

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Those gifs are so helpful! I don't feel like they necessarily need to be higher quality, they're clear as they are and quick to load.

I'm glad.  WRT quality, I meant more about the quality of the movements, rather than the GIFs themselves.  :)

I have gone through and GIFed the rest of my pull videos so for pull I only have a few more I need to film that I was too tired to do last time.  I am not very happy with my Leg Day videos, so I will probably redo them next week.  Push stuff will probably come last while I let my shoulder rest up.

2 hours ago, raptron said:

They also might just not be broken in yet! It takes a lot of tap swings to get there.

OK, for some reason I was thinking it would be faster than that. I will need to practice taps somewhere other than the park though. Within 2 days of coming off the bar, every single person who works out in the park heard about it, and now they have staged an intervention to keep me from hurting myself by using them again. If I so much as pull them out of my bag, I have 2-3 people rushing over to offering to lend me their straps :D

• Like 5

1 minute ago, WhiteGhost said:

I'm glad they come across OK.  I specifically picked this angle because that's what you get when I lean my phone against my water bottle  :D

Such professional.

2 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

OK, for some reason I was thinking it would be faster than that. I will need to practice taps somewhere other than the park though. Within 2 days of coming off the bar, every single person who works out in the park heard about it, and now they have staged an intervention to keep me from hurting myself by using them again. If I so much as pull them out of my bag, I have 2-3 people rushing over to offering to lend me their straps :D

Haha that's actually kinda sweet. In an odd way.

• Like 2

On 3/11/2019 at 10:27 AM, WhiteGhost said:

4. Shiny - Other Self-Improvement.  This is going to be doing something non exercise related to make me into a more well rounded person.  This could be anything from practicing the ukulele to learning Spanish to practicing drawing to learning some new skill or information.  I know that trying to create a specific schedule for this will be counter-productive, but I want to make sure I am doing at least one thing every day for self betterment.

Fun!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Such professional.

Haha that's actually kinda sweet. In an odd way.

Only the best for my fans :D 

It is.  It really makes me feel like they have accepted me as one of their own.  But it can be a little annoying too sometimes :) 

12 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Fun!

Hi!

Next group of GIFs inbound.  See the spoiler below for the rest of the pull exercises I have filmed.  I may redo the back lever extensions, because I felt like I was more level than I actually was.  It seems I still have trouble with my proprioception anywhere in the back half of skin the cats.  

Spoiler

Animated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIF

Animated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIFAnimated GIF

I still have a few left that I didn't get to, I will try and film those next week, along with the leg and push stuff.

• Like 6

Ok I'm doing a little bit of fan girling. It's so cool you figured all this stuff out on your own and how proficient you're getting at it all :) 

• Like 1

Cool gifs.

But..

image.png

..isn't a pushup of any kind.  It's a supine row (aka horizontal row, inverted row, Australian row).  Done hanging though, which is really neat.  Looks like your using inner thigh strength (squeezing) to maintain pressure for foot grip?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Ok I'm doing a little bit of fan girling. It's so cool you figured all this stuff out on your own and how proficient you're getting at it all :) 

Never had fangirls before :) :) :) 

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m fangirling too. Considering you’re not pixie sized, you must be hella strong.

This is why I keep saying the scale is a liar.  According to my "smart" scale, I am heavier and with a higher BF% than ever, but I certainly feel a lot stronger and am happier with my body shape than I ever have been before.

5 hours ago, Hazard said:

..isn't a pushup of any kind

Haha, I know.  But...  If you invert the image it looks like I am doing pushups (the inverted dip one is better) which is why I called it that.  I suppose I could call it an incline (decline?) row, but I kind of like this name.

5 hours ago, Hazard said:

Looks like your using inner thigh strength (squeezing) to maintain pressure for foot grip?

Yep, the foot grip is pretty much all adductors.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Never had fangirls before :) :) :) 

Well, you do now. Hella impressive, dude. 

On 3/15/2019 at 12:00 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Hahaha, yup, I've used that angle, too. It looks way better on pull exercises than it does  on handstands. 

The gifs look great, very nice work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arkania said:

Heyho :)

Hiya!

42 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

It looks way better on pull exercises than it does  on handstands. 

Yeah, I think it doesn't look quite as good for the leg stuff I filmed either.  I think I may have to invest in a phone tripod

OK, week 0 is over, time to check in and see how I am doing

Skills Video Library - So far so good.  I have most of my pull reps GIFed and I am comfortable with the software so I feel I am on track to get at least a GIF library finished by the end of the challenge.  I still need to find a video editing software so I can make a video version.  I am still not sure how I would format it, though, so I need to put some thought into that.

Move - I got a couple of workouts last week, but had to take it easy because my left shoulder was feels a little strained.  I will probably go easy a bit longer until it feels back to normal

Shiny Hunting - I made some progress on giants, and also learned a fun and easy way to do front circles.  I also am getting closer to landing a baby knee giant.  I still have not made it over to the trampoline park yet, so I need to make sure that happens this coming week.

Eat - I made some lasagna this week which was the only "healthy" thing I made.  I did make a new recipe which was chocolate chip & coconut mango bread.  It was certainly delicious but not particularly healthy.  Also, I eventually made the pumpkin pie out of the pumpkin that I bought on Pi Day.  Unfortunately, I ended up eating almost the whole thing last night, which ordinarily is already not a reat idea, but it also gave me some wicked heartburn last night.  No regrets  maybe a few regrets

Shiny - I just realized that I have two challenge points called shiny.  Not going to change it either :D     I didn't do much for this other than a few sketches.  Ghostlet decided he wanted to do some competitive sketching so we both drew the same thing and had Ghostess be the judge.  I have doubts that she is really impartial though... ;) The two we did this week were a tennis ball

HsbrjE8.jpg

And a cup

Vg8Elq4.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Shiny Hunting - I made some progress on giants, and also learned a fun and easy way to do front circles.  I also am getting closer to landing a baby knee giant.  I still have not made it over to the trampoline park yet, so I need to make sure that happens this coming week.

Eat - I made some lasagna this week which was the only "healthy" thing I made.  I did make a new recipe which was chocolate chip & coconut mango bread.  It was certainly delicious but not particularly healthy.  Also, I eventually made the pumpkin pie out of the pumpkin that I bought on Pi Day.  Unfortunately, I ended up eating almost the whole thing last night, which ordinarily is already not a reat idea, but it also gave me some wicked heartburn last night.  No regrets  maybe a few regrets

Shiny - I just realized that I have two challenge points called shiny.  Not going to change it either :D     I didn't do much for this other than a few sketches.  Ghostlet decided he wanted to do some competitive sketching so we both drew the same thing and had Ghostess be the judge.  I have doubts that she is really impartial though...

giphy.gif

Nice sketches. 

• Like 1

Brilliant gifs!!! I also find it weirdly exhausting just to watch them :D Are you planning to publish your library, a wiki of some sort or a pinned thread here could be useful too?

And nice sketches!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:13 AM, WhiteGhost said:

This is why I keep saying the scale is a liar.  According to my "smart" scale, I am heavier and with a higher BF% than ever, but I certainly feel a lot stronger and am happier with my body shape than I ever have been before.

I agree with the sentiment, but that phrase really irks me. :P A scale is just a scale, how you feel about the numbers is entirely in your own head.

Yay for a more positive body image! :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Huh, I swear I subscribed to this thread. Stoopid phone *grumble, grumble, grumble**

That happens.  Welcome :) 

21 hours ago, Manarelle said:

giphy.gif

Nice sketches. 

Thanks

21 hours ago, @mu said:

Brilliant gifs!!! I also find it weirdly exhausting just to watch them :D Are you planning to publish your library, a wiki of some sort or a pinned thread here could be useful too?

And nice sketches!

I am planning to make a permanent home for them somewhere, probably in the bodyweight area.  I don't have sufficient authority to pin anything though.  I would need to convince a Guild Leader that it is worth pinning, so I will have to make sure I do it well :) 

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I agree with the sentiment, but that phrase really irks me. :P A scale is just a scale, how you feel about the numbers is entirely in your own head.

Yay for a more positive body image! :) 

Hmmm, let me try again

The scale generates data which, if observed independent of physical observations and other relevant data, may indicate a conclusion with regard to body composition that is misleading, potentially leading to an inaccurate body image.  Therefore, scales should not be used as a sole, or even primary, source for obtaining data used to formulate a person's body image.

Less irksome?

This morning I went to the park but decided to work legs to avoid working my shoulder too much.  However, everyone there was doing fun stuff so I couldn't resist getting on the bar and doing some kips and hip circles.  I did make sure not to overdo it though.  After my workout, I decided to go for a run around the park, which is 2.35km.  A relatively short run, but it sure showed me how bad my cardio endurance is.  It was nice to get a good sweat going, though.

While I was working out, I had to work really hard not to punch a guy in the face.  I was doing my single leg bench jumps and a guy sitting on the next bench over would.not.shut.up about my gut.  He kept going on about how I need to spend more time exercising and less time eating cheese, and that 10 minutes jumping around wasn't going to help me lose any weight.  I really wanted to say some very unfriendly things to him, but somehow was able to ignore him and I didn't even let it get me angry.  Huge win for me there.

In the afternoon I got in some ukulele practice.  I was working on learning "my heart will go on" from Titanic because Ghostess and I watched that last night.  It's her all time favorite movie.  

Food was decent.  I had the last of the leftover lasagna for lunch and then some take-out (oil boiled fish and beef & onion stir fry) for dinner.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

The scale generates data which, if observed independent of physical observations and other relevant data, may indicate a conclusion with regard to body composition that is misleading, potentially leading to an inaccurate body image.  Therefore, scales should not be used as a sole, or even primary, source for obtaining data used to formulate a person's body image.

Less irksome?

Almost, fixed it for you. :lol:

18 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

While I was working out, I had to work really hard not to punch a guy in the face.  I was doing my single leg bench jumps and a guy sitting on the next bench over would.not.shut.up about my gut.  He kept going on about how I need to spend more time exercising and less time eating cheese, and that 10 minutes jumping around wasn't going to help me lose any weight.  I really wanted to say some very unfriendly things to him, but somehow was able to ignore him and I didn't even let it get me angry.  Huge win for me there.

Gaaaahhhh, what a jerk. Well done for staying calm, but some people do deserve a punch in the face.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Almost, fixed it for you. :lol:

Yep, that works ;) 

7 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

but some people do deserve a punch in the face.

That guy deserved one more than most :D 

Errrrr.... What gut? :confused:

Seriously, you don’t have any paunch around there.  Ok, so maybe you’re not down to 2% body fat but come on!  The guy was obviously a complete cock-womble! 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

Errrrr.... What gut? :confused:

Seriously, you don’t have any paunch around there.  Ok, so maybe you’re not down to 2% body fat but come on!  The guy was obviously a complete cock-womble! 

From what I understand, there are different standards in that part of the world, both for what constitutes "a gut" and for commenting on the same publicly.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

From what I understand, there are different standards in that part of the world, both for what constitutes "a gut" and for commenting on the same publicly.

Hmmmm.... you may have a point. 

• Like 1