• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM in year 7

2 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Oh right, DST was this week! That explains why I feel all kinds of messed up!

See? Not nearly enough credit!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

See? Not nearly enough credit!

I'm hoping this ends in the next year or so, at least in California. I just wish it went to standard time instead of DST forever.

Week 0 – Friday

It was warm enough and dry enough to run outside fri morning! so we did that instead of the gym. I’m okay with missing a weights workout this zero week.

1.07 miles in 13:44mins. we also tried to each wear one pair of my true wireless headphones which mostly worked but you have to stay really close to each. the buds to phone can be far away but the two buds need to be close lol that was fun. we were actually laughing and dancing at some points though which just felt great and reminded me that movement should always be this fun.

I finally did the TY cards!!!! I did four of them and realized there were actually 5 left but I only had enough brain power for my expected 4 lol. Spouse is picking up photos today to put in them and then they’ll be mailed finallyyyyy.

We had some leftover lentil soup for dinner and then met up with friends for st. paddy’s. I wasn’t going to drink… but then I had 3 beers. Which is actually pretty good for me and kept me much more sober than 3 vodkas.

Fitness: 2/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 35/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 1/1 drinking day, current avg 7h58m

Life4/5 TY cards

Food: 0/2 weekend vegetables 

Week 0 – Saturday

we did our grocery shopping and i had some leftover pizza for breakfast from the night before, two slices were veggie only sooo kinda counts towards my veg goal.

then we realized we were running late to get to RENT and started rushing around which of course haste makes waste, left my phone at home, had to go back, got there with 2 mins to curtain. It was awesome! almost everyone I went with disliked the way the actress played Maureen. she played her way over the line that Idina played her in the movie. yes, she made you uncomfortable but she’s supposed to! challenge why she makes you uncomfortable! she motorboats Joanne’s crotch at one point which everyone kept bringing up “yeah that was too much”… but I feel like it would’ve been laughed off if a male comedian had done something like that. in fact i know robin williams did something similar in one of his stand up routines. anyway, I loved it! I realized how terrible the characters are if they were real people but it’s still such a necessary show and something I loved to relate to back when I was a teen.

we went out to dinner after and I had plenty of brussel sprouts for an app. veg check! but also had 2 beers with dinner which I could’ve counted as a half point really but we ended up staying out at our friends chatting and playing games until 3:30am. so there was more than just the 2 beers.

Week 0 – Sunday

slept in for a solid 7 hours. bfast was more leftover pizza but lunch had roasted broccoli. dinner also had cabbage and carrots.

we got our oatmeal baked and some leftovers packed for today’s lunch. we watched the first episode of Shrill – yes.

I cooked another (our third!) corned beef and cabbage dinner for us and 3 other friends. had a lovely evening but also drank 1.5 cans of hard cider. I’m lumping that in to Friday’s drinks and counting it as one.

giphy.gif

week 0 scores!

Fitness: 2/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 35/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/1 midnight cutoff, 2/1 drinking day, weekly avg 7h44m

Life4/5 TY cards

Food: 2/2 weekend vegetables

All in all not a bad week. Friday was rough and continued to have family interference re: Dad. I definitely cut back the amount that I would have drank if I had not been thinking about it. since I drank less, we got home at reasonable times for bed on Friday and Sunday nights. which was the purpose. and I still got to let off some steam. let’s see if i can continue this progress!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we were actually laughing and dancing at some points though which just felt great and reminded me that movement should always be this fun.

Yesss! Love this.

• Like 1

Good job on the thank you cards! They've been hanging around in your challenges for quite some time, no? 

Oh yeah! If you can eat pizza for breakfast, I can, too. We got pizza yesterday with friends and I was going to throw it out. But that would be wasteful and wrong. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Good job on the thank you cards! They've been hanging around in your challenges for quite some time, no? 

YES lol they are for our wedding vendors so there was that sense of impending social doom if we didn't get to them quickly.

7 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oh yeah! If you can eat pizza for breakfast, I can, too. We got pizza yesterday with friends and I was going to throw it out. But that would be wasteful and wrong. 

absolutely! it actually helps with only eating as much until fullness knowing that i can have more the next morning :D 

• Like 3

It's week one! and i'm off to a slow start.

Week 1 – Monday

lazy morning sleeping in, work was worky, left early to visit dad which wasn’t great. came home and Spouse was rightfully upset by some work stuff. and thus the evening was not of the feel good variety.

Finished the season finale of The Passage, answered some emails and got to bed.

Fitness: 2/4 runs, 1/4 weights, 1/2 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/2 midnight cutoff, 2/2 drinking days, current avg 6h54m

Life4/5 TY cards

Food: 2/4 weekend vegetables

the plan.

T: work outing, maybe some yoga when i get home

W: AM gym, visit dad

R: bridges/clams yoga

F: AM gym, PM yoga

S: yoga, groceries, baby shower

S: cook for MIL, taxes, gym??

giphy.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

S: cook for MIL, taxes, gym??

Taxes don't take thaaaat long.

(Says the guy who lets his spouse do them)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Taxes don't take thaaaat long.

(Says the guy who lets his spouse do them)

haha! no it really shouldn't take more than an hour. but we might go look at a couple houses and hopefully do some meal prep in there so gym is dependent on those things

• Like 1

Just now, CourtnieMarie said:

haha! no it really shouldn't take more than an hour. but we might go look at a couple houses and hopefully do some meal prep in there so gym is dependent on those things

House shopping is both a ton of fun and some of the most stressful bullshit I've ever dealt with.

• Like 1

Ugh to house shopping. I'm there now. Looks like you're enjoying this challenge and your workouts, Yay for a good zero week!

13 minutes ago, Grumble said:

House shopping is both a ton of fun and some of the most stressful bullshit I've ever dealt with.

1 minute ago, JessFit said:

Ugh to house shopping. I'm there now. Looks like you're enjoying this challenge and your workouts, Yay for a good zero week!

Capture.JPG.6d81344e416d412a47e1a9791def67f1.JPG

Week 1 – Tuesday

giphy.gif

had wanted to get up for some yoga but stayed in bed for just over 8hrs sleep. tried not to be mad about that.

went out with coworkers and had 3 glasses of wine over 4 hours. could’ve been way worse. got home ~9pm and asleep by 10.

Fitness: 2/4 runs, 1/4 weights, 1/2 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/2 midnight cutoff, 3/2 drinking day, current avg 7h30m

Life4/5 TY cards

Food: 2/4 weekend vegetables

I told Spouse we haaaaave to finish the dang TY cards tonight. really thought I was going to go to the gym this morning but didn’t. week 1 is not shaping up to be a high energy week. I revised the plan and put the gym in anywhere I think I could possibly fit it. the barbell is calling me!

the plan.

T: work outing

W: AM yoga, visit dad, TY cards

R: AM gym, PM yoga, see a house

F: AM gym, PM yoga

S: gym, groceries, baby shower

S: cook for MIL, taxes, gym?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

the barbell is calling me!

The call of the barbell is a siren song. 

Jungle Book Snake GIF - Snake Hypnotize Hypnotizingsnake GIFs

Heed it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

stayed in bed for just over 8hrs sleep. tried not to be mad about that.

Sounds good!

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

went out with coworkers and had 3 glasses of wine over 4 hours. could’ve been way worse.

Sounds great :D 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 1 – Tuesday

giphy.gif

had wanted to get up for some yoga but stayed in bed for just over 8hrs sleep. tried not to be mad about that.

1) Not sure what your trying to not be mad about... sleep is awesome.

2) Next time just make sure your sleeping in shavasana and call it a yoga session

• Haha 3