• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM in year 7

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

cold has moved to my sinuses and ears

 

 

Alas! Get well soon. But your fitness and sleep goals seem to be coming along regardless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 – Thursday

 

did some easy yoga stretching in the morning. definitely surpassing my sleep goal this week. I forgot to mention that I actually was a bit productive on Wednesday with laundry and finishing our taxes.

 

started to feel minimally better in the late afternoon but still took meds before bed. dinner was a hungryroot meal with broiled chicken thighs. the thighs came out super awesome and crispy. I threw them in the broiler (still a tad frozen in places) but only turned the heat to 350 for 10 mins. then I seasoned both sides and put them under the full heat broiler for 7 mins each side. noms.

 

Fitness: 4/6 runs, 4/6 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 23/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 4/4 drinking days, current avg 7h56m

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sick too :( Lousy east coast pass arounds! But heyo - at least the sleep is strong! Hugs and hellos! <3

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 – Friday

 

I had an okay night’s sleep, waking up around 3:30 for almost an hour. but knew that when Spouse woke me at 5 to ask if I wanted to go to the gym that it would actually make me feel better. skipped running because can’t breathe but got some solid weights in

 

back squats

65x5

95x5

105x5

115x5x2

 

underhand cable pulldowns

85x8

105x5x4

 

toe touchers, lying on back with feet perp

15, 15, 15

 

we went to a friend's place to plan our iceland trip in june and everyone was drinking but i had kombucha. i was still pretty sick that night so it was all for the best. although i still woke up feeling hungover on saturday? wasn't happy about that.

 

Fitness: 4/6 runs, 5/6 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 23/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 4/4 drinking days, current avg 7h47m

 

Week 2 – Saturday and Sunday

 

veggies: beans, cauliflower, peppers on saturday; pile o' broccoli on sunday

 

i drank both days and stayed out until 12:15am on sunday night which is going to threaten my sleep for week 3.

 

week 2 scores

Fitness: 4/6 runs, 5/6 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 6/4 drinking days, current avg 7h47m

Food: 6/6 weekend vegetables

 

my dad got sent to the hospital yesterday because of infections. he's doing okay and getting good care now. this gives us the opportunity to move him closer to home after discharge. week 3 is going to be another week of just treading water.

 

my cough is definitely improving but still there. and lots of congestion in my sinuses still. i'm taking elderberry, zicam, emergen-c and whatever else i can get my hands on.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

my dad got sent to the hospital yesterday because of infections. he's doing okay and getting good care now. this gives us the opportunity to move him closer to home after discharge. week 3 is going to be another week of just treading water.

 

my cough is definitely improving but still there. and lots of congestion in my sinuses still. i'm taking elderberry, zicam, emergen-c and whatever else i can get my hands on.


I hope you both get well soon!

Oooh, you're going to Iceland? It has the most amazing landscapes! But when it was there it was so windy I didn't want to sit outside and enjoy them, I didn't really bring warm enough stuff because I didn't understand how cold it would be with the wind. Also, there was a hotel in Reykjavik where I had the best cocktail of my life. It had homemade chocolate liqueur that tasted proper chocolatey (not over-sweet, artificial "chocolate" flavour), some other thing with lemon, and star anise. Mmm. Star anise should be in more things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, you're going to Iceland? It has the most amazing landscapes! But when it was there it was so windy I didn't want to sit outside and enjoy them, I didn't really bring warm enough stuff because I didn't understand how cold it would be with the wind. Also, there was a hotel in Reykjavik where I had the best cocktail of my life. It had homemade chocolate liqueur that tasted proper chocolatey (not over-sweet, artificial "chocolate" flavour), some other thing with lemon, and star anise. Mmm. Star anise should be in more things. 

good to know about the wind! I will definitely be packing warmly. Do you remember the name of the hotel with the lavish drink?!

 

i actually don't think i like star anise - i don't like fennel or anise (that's the black licorice one right?) but i'm sure i could abide it in this lemon chocolate thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

anise (that's the black licorice one right?)

 

Correct. It is also in ouzo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

good to know about the wind! I will definitely be packing warmly. Do you remember the name of the hotel with the lavish drink?!

 

i actually don't think i like star anise - i don't like fennel or anise (that's the black licorice one right?) but i'm sure i could abide it in this lemon chocolate thing!

large_square_Hand-Selected_Whole_Star_An
Whole star anise is similar to liquorice, but is much softer and more, I don't know, floral? It belongs in dishes where there are cloves, such as Pfeffernuesse (wee gingerbreads) or spicy pho soup. I'd say it's about one-hundredth as liquoricey as ouzo. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Whole star anise is similar to liquorice, but is much softer and more, I don't know, floral? It belongs in dishes where there are cloves, such as Pfeffernuesse (wee gingerbreads) or spicy pho soup. I'd say it's about one-hundredth as liquoricey as ouzo. 

I don't have anise things to say about Ouzo.

 

I love star anise in spicy noodle soups. It adds a great floral sense to the whole dish without giving it that overpowering licorice/fennel taste.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

week 3 summary

half at work, half at the hospital. Dad is still there but has graduated from ICU to step down as of yesterday. self care included sleep, yoga, and a beyonce rhianna dance party. the dance party did keep me up really late on friday night so my weekly sleep average ended up at 7h20m. still pretty good for a stressful week. i did not get any running or weights in.

 

i ate all my veggies over the weekend: coleslaw instead of fries with a burger; broccoli as a side with scallops; frozen mixed vegs with eggs; carrots and broccoli with a beef plov dish.

 

i think i'm going to start week 4 with a clean slate instead of looking at my full challenge numbers which are sad and make me feel inadequate. logically i know they shouldn't what with a week-long sickness and my dad's health. spouse is in TX for 3 days so I'll be taking care of all the chores while she's gone and visiting Dad as much as possible (at least he's a bit closer now).

 

we also put an offer down on a house, which they accepted soooo yeap. a lot going on.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 i think i'm going to start week 4 with a clean slate instead of looking at my full challenge numbers which are sad and make me feel inadequate. 

Meh that's so last week anyway. ;) 

 

Glad your dad's improving, hope he can get out of the hospital soon.

 

Congrats on the house!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we also put an offer down on a house, which they accepted soooo yeap. a lot going on.

So much homeownership!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i'm going to start week 4 with a clean slate

This is a great strategy! You had a LOT going on and you did the best you could do.

 

Grats on the house! :D

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i think i'm going to start week 4 with a clean slate instead of looking at my full challenge numbers which are sad and make me feel inadequate. logically i know they shouldn't what with a week-long sickness and my dad's health. 

I FULLY SUPPORT THIS APPROACH. Take care of yourself too. <3 

 

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we also put an offer down on a house, which they accepted soooo yeap. a lot going on.

HECK YES.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

i think i'm going to start week 4 with a clean slate instead of looking at my full challenge numbers which are sad and make me feel inadequate.

 

This should make you feel the opposite of inadequate. To change your goals when circumstances outside your control makes them unrealistic, is still a victory. Just not the kind you envisioned when you set the goals a few weeks ago. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the plan.

M: PM yoga; meal prep

T: AM gym; dentist; PM yoga

W: AM yoga; visit dad

T: PM yoga

F: AM gym; visit dad

S: groceries; house inspection; donate stuff

S: visit dad; meal prep; GOT

 

Week 4 – Monday

 

I accidentally slept longer than I wanted but at least it gives me a good start to the week for my sleep average! Full day at work, went home and cooked up a big pot of Mexican beef/quinoa bowls, and got some yoga in.

 

also rewatched the S1 finale to The OA, cried at the ending again, and started S2E1! IDK what it is about the S1 finale. is it the music? the unity of people? the ridiculous dance moves that are not ridiculous at all in context? in any case, it really gets my tear ducts going.

tenor.gif?itemid=7479621

 

Fitness: 0/2 runs, 0/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 0/1 drinking days, current avg 8h45m

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now