• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM in year 7

1 hour ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

All the wonderful sleep!

giphy.gif

It is glorious!

The Winnie the Pooh sheets aren't even the cutest part!

whoever thought that'd be an accurate statement? :D 

• Like 1

SO MANY good things!

• A+ self care during sickness plus caring for the sick - mad props
  • You made a home offer! That's awesome and exciting!
  • Smart decisions were made to wipe the slate clean rather than feel like you're digging out of a hole. :D

17 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

SO MANY good things!

• A+ self care during sickness plus caring for the sick - mad props
  • You made a home offer! That's awesome and exciting!
  • Smart decisions were made to wipe the slate clean rather than feel like you're digging out of a hole. :D

thank you! and yes that's exactly what it felt like when i started typing it out. i was thinking "how can i fit in more than two gym sessions this week..." luckily i stopped myself knowing that things would only go poorly if i bullheaded my way out of this challenge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Mexican beef/quinoa bowls

Tell us more of these bowls?

I hated quinoa when I had to eat it because of a gluten free diet. Now that I don't have to eat it, I quite like it. I like the texture. And Mexican beef sounds good. I sounds like the kind of thing that might quite likely have lime in it. Lime is an excellent invention. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

Tell us more of these bowls?

I hated quinoa when I had to eat it because of a gluten free diet. Now that I don't have to eat it, I quite like it. I like the texture. And Mexican beef sounds good. I sounds like the kind of thing that might quite likely have lime in it. Lime is an excellent invention. 

mexican beef is amazing. Spicy, and full of deep flavor, and delicious. I should add it to more meals. Lime was invented for mexican beef. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

the quinoa bowls! really good. kind of a mushy texture but i'm okay with that. I used a vegan recipe and just added ground beef. https://www.cookwithmanali.com/instant-pot-mexican-quinoa/

quinoa and rice will make my IP have a burn message. this recipe thinks it's the tomatoes. for me, it is not. I have beeter luck putting everything in except the grain and water/broth. then i add the grain to the top in an even layer, NOT MIXING! and thennnn i slowly pour the water in through through three or four places on top of the grain. like don't spin the water around in spirals like you might if you were have a jolly good time cooking. this is very serious cooking.

Week 4 – Tuesday

I forgot my inhaler at home so my running session was more of a walking session. I jogged for the first 5 mins, then walked the next 5. I’m counting it bc I was there and doing things.

Deadlift hands were out of practice and felt bloated. Does anyone else’s hands ever feel bloated?

135x5

160x5

160x5

155x5

135x5

ez bar curls

40x5

50x5x4

Dentist took forever and they told me I’m grinding my teeth while I sleep and I need a $400 guard. The signs are there and they’re probably right. they said it's stress induced. hmf.

I made a quick hungryroot dinner, put away dishes, cleaned pans, and got some yoga in. dad didn't have a good night so i'm antsy to see him today.

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 15/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 0/1 drinking days, current avg 7h51m

• Like 2

Week 4 – Wednesday

I slept in a bit and then did some yoga. actually left for work on time which never happens when Spouse is away!

Left work a bit early to go visit Dad, was a good visit surprisingly after a not so good Tuesday night. I ate a bag of combos on the way home which made me not so hungry for dinner. I still cooked up some hungryroot veggies and ate half of what I would have. also watched two OA episodes, staying up later than usual to wait for Spouse to get home.

some mortgage drama unfolded last night so dealing with that when i should be focused on the inspection and finding a P&S lawyer :rolleyes:

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 23/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 0/1 drinking days, current avg 7h43m

• Like 2

On 4/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

Deadlift hands were out of practice and felt bloated. Does anyone else’s hands ever feel bloated?

No...? Do you mean your hands looked swollen? My hands have slightly different amounts of water at different times of the day or in different weather (but it's not really visible, I only know by how tight or loose  my rings feel). Well, hopefully your bar grippers will be back to normal in short order.

On 4/10/2019 at 10:55 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

Yep, once a month when the rest of me does. Fun times.

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

No...? Do you mean your hands looked swollen? My hands have slightly different amounts of water at different times of the day or in different weather (but it's not really visible, I only know by how tight or loose  my rings feel). Well, hopefully your bar grippers will be back to normal in short order.

no, they don't look swollen. just feel it! like i either ate some salty stuff or too much blood was running to them. idk i'm terrible at biology haha! but it happens when i'm walking a lot in hot weather.

19 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Yep, once a month when the rest of me does. Fun times.

oh yess. my period bloating symptoms are thankfully not too bad. but i do get bloating sensations for other reasons ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Week 4 – Thursday

slept in a bit, dealt with a lot of mortgage stuff during the day, found an LGBT friendly lawyer to represent us, lots of work things happened too.

I put some short brown rice in the IP when I got home and did some meal prep for today. it came out great! 1:1 rice to water for 24 minutes and let it natural release. the rice went into some sautéed veggies and green chili sauce for a warm grain bowl type deal and we put smoked salmon and sliced avo on top. so good. I felt like I was at life alive :D 

also got in some yoga! oh and American Gods is so weird. I don’t know if it’s just more weird than the book or that watching it instead of reading it makes it so.

giphy.gif

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 31/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 0/1 drinking days, current avg 7h38m

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

but it happens when i'm walking a lot in hot weather.

Mine do that too, particularly when I run. (My skin also turns a magnificent shade of broiled lobster in the process.) IIRHSC, when it's hot, your climate control expands the capillaries in your extremities to increase blood flow in an effort to cool you down/ maintain homeostasis. The opposite occurs in cold weather. So, maybe just preparing for spring?

Stress and/or salt also good candidates

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Mine do that too, particularly when I run. (My skin also turns a magnificent shade of broiled lobster in the process.) IIRHSC, when it's hot, your climate control expands the capillaries in your extremities to increase blood flow in an effort to cool you down/ maintain homeostasis. The opposite occurs in cold weather. So, maybe just preparing for spring?

Stress and/or salt also good candidates

first of all i'm really proud of myself for figuring out that acronym

secondly, i'm really proud of you for remembering those things (even if you didn't remember correctly)

thirdly, ...

UDTest2.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

first of all i'm really proud of myself for figuring out that acronym

giphy.gif

secondly, i'm really proud of you for remembering those things (even if you didn't remember correctly)

giphy.gif

thirdly, ...

UDTest2.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Week 4 – Friday

I decided to sleep in instead of going to the gym. visited my dad and stayed in the rest of the night.

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 31/30 yoga

Sleep: 0/1 midnight cutoff, 0/1 drinking days, current avg 7h45m

Week 4 – Saturday

Home inspection went well and now we have to rush around finding trustworthy contractors to give us prices for the fixes. Seems silly that this is part where you get the least amount of time but is the most important.

We dropped off some donations and I ended up having 3 beers throughout the day. not bad but still counts as a drinking day.

Veggies: kale salad

Week 4 – Sunday

Spouse’s birthday and GOT day! even those the episode was a bit anti-climactic, mostly exposition. In any case, premiere party meant another drinking day.

We did go to the gym in the morning

10 min treadmill jog: 0.77 miles

back squats

70x5

105x5

110x5

105x5x2

underhand cable pulldowns

85x5

105x5

100x5x3

Veggies: kale in bfast scramble

week 4 scores!

Fitness: 2/2 runs, 2/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 31/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/1 midnight cutoff, 2/1 drinking days, avg 7h40m

Food: 2/2 weekend vegetables

failed on doing one drinking day per weekend but my sleep still improved in any case. I’d like to try the reduced drinking again maybe with pre-planned days. and I’m thinking of splitting up the lifting and running days completely so that I can ramp up for the 5K on 6/22. hopefully next challenge will not have any unexpected turns.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

week 4 scores!

Fitness: 2/2 runs, 2/2 weights, 1/1 bridges & clamshells, 31/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/1 midnight cutoff, 2/1 drinking days, avg 7h40m

Food: 2/2 weekend vegetables

Looking pretty good! If the yoga can make up for the drinking I'd say you got perfect scores. Yoga does neutralise drinking, right??? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Looking pretty good! If the yoga can make up for the drinking I'd say you got perfect scores. Yoga does neutralise drinking, right??? 

HatefulFaithfulIlladopsis-size_restricte

haha the reduced drinking was to help my sleep goal so i'm not too concerned for this past challenge since I did meet 7h40m most of the time! though i would like to try and add in a third workout day which would means sleep really needs to be a priority so i can fit that in.

• Like 2