• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Finishes Strong In Story and Song

10 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

AND BACON?!?!

well now, sugar or sweet products are actually great with bacon... i mean you've got maple, brown sugar, chocolate...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

well now, sugar or sweet products are actually great with bacon... i mean you've got maple, brown sugar, chocolate...

I completely agree. And I firmly believe that I should be the one adding them, in the amounts I want. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, miss_marissa said:

package of bacon without maltodextrin or some other hidden sugar was damn near impossible

Good thing its only 30 days. The chance of me giving up my center cut bacon is non existent.

21 minutes ago, Grumble said:

LET THE CARB LOADING COMMENCE! tenor.gif?itemid=8274823

Oh yeah. We want to live vicariously through you. Describe the carbs in lingering detail, please. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c94fb767439594459giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c94fc99416c434145

4 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oh yeah. We want to live vicariously through you. Describe the carbs in lingering detail, please. 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c94fb767439594459giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c94fc99416c434145

I shall strive to. 

Breakfast was Old fashioned oatmeal with avocado honey, cinnamon, and blueberries. 

tenor.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I shall strive to. 

Breakfast was Old fashioned oatmeal with avocado honey, cinnamon, and blueberries. 

tenor.gif

You put avocado in oatmeal? 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c9519102e70577563

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

giphy.gif

...i had to

I'm pretending cheese is. So we're good. 

Morning snack was a ham and cheese croissant and lunch was homemade mac and cheese with ghost chilis. Currently contemplating the greatness of mid-afternoon snack after my pedicure. 

• Like 4

Mid-afternoon snack was a Boroh cream pastry. 

o.jpg

Dinner was protein spaghetti and spicy sausage red sauce with fresh Jalapeños and garlic bread. 

Ya'll, this is hands down my favorite part of this whole training program. 

f77fdee17aa75d4f063df97e584ce71f.gif

• Like 5

Spaghetti <3

Oooh, I'm starting to get sympathetic pre-marathon nerves. Wait, nervousness is just a false interpretation of performance improving energetic buzz. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm beginning to suspect this was all solely for the carb load.

I can neither confirm nor deny. 

In other news. Pancakes for breakfast! Homemade, and Almond extract is exceptionally tasty. yJqQ5Eb.gif

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Oooh, I'm starting to get sympathetic pre-marathon nerves. Wait, nervousness is just a false interpretation of performance improving energetic buzz. 

It's a pre-apetizer to adrenaline potions?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Harriet said:

I like you. This is my new interpretation of nervous energy. 

54 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

It's a pre-apetizer to adrenaline potions?

I refuse to believe you meant portions. Because tomorrow will absolutely be an adrenaline potion. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I like you. This is my new interpretation of nervous energy. 

I refuse to believe you meant portions. Because tomorrow will absolutely be an adrenaline potion. 

@scalyfreak did not misspell. We refer to berserker potions: cocktails of hormones--including adrenaline--that prepare us for battle, or the hunt, sent to us by the spirits of fire. Or who/whatever you believe in. We're learning to accept, understand and channel this gift in ways that reduce the toxic side effects (anxiety, fear, running away), right? 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Harriet said:

We refer to berserker potions: cocktails of hormones--including adrenaline--that prepare us for battle, or the hunt, sent to us by the spirits of fire. Or who/whatever you believe in. We're learning to accept, understand and channel this gift in ways that reduce the toxic side effects (anxiety, fear, running away), right? 

What @Harriet said :) 

• Like 2

I'd anyone is interested in following along my ridiculous adventure tomorrow, pm me for details. 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

@scalyfreak did not misspell. We refer to berserker potions: cocktails of hormones--including adrenaline--that prepare us for battle, or the hunt, sent to us by the spirits of fire. Or who/whatever you believe in. We're learning to accept, understand and channel this gift in ways that reduce the toxic side effects (anxiety, fear, running away), right? 

4 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

What @Harriet said :) 

Ya'll are magical superheroes of awesomeness. 

Also, lunch was a carne asada and poblano pepper pizza and Mid-afternoon snack was a chocolate peanut butter cupcake. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I. Did. It. 

Nice job!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c982017485944676b

What was your time? I just want a ballpark estimate of how long it takes to run a marathon so I can be suitably impressed. Not sure if 40 minutes or 4 hours is more realistic. 

• Like 1