• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Finishes Strong In Story and Song

On 3/24/2019 at 4:53 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Well done. I'm very proud of you.

Thank you, your support is,as always, greatly appreciated.

On 3/24/2019 at 5:30 PM, Harriet said:

Nice job!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c982017485944676b

What was your time? I just want a ballpark estimate of how long it takes to run a marathon so I can be suitably impressed. Not sure if 40 minutes or 4 hours is more realistic. 

time was 5:13. Official time was 5:37, but I had a 20 minute bathroom line that I refuse to acknowledge as part of my time. 40 minutes is superman/flash level fast. 4 hours is just shy of elite runner levels.

On 3/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, scalyfreak said:

Of course you were. Duh.

Your sheer confidence in my ability never ceases to amaze or feel less than amazingly supportive.

On 3/25/2019 at 5:27 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

congrats!

Thanks!  You inspire me, as always with your boundless optimism even amongst adversity, it helped.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, raptron said:

giphy.gif

doctor who thank you GIF

22 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

(Not sure how one manages to misspell one's one word gif, but the internet will provide..)

Many congrats on your epic feat of epicness!

It was pretty epic. Can has scotch now?

22 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Freaking congrats, dude!!!! Well-earned rest week this week, right?

Oh, The dreams you weave. I got my one rest day and back to work (after a trip to the ER for grimble last night)

• Like 5

In this week of recovery, I got a sports massage. I feel like it made the difference between walking and shuffling today. I have zero joint pain except for some ankle flexion, but I expected that. I did not expect the knee joint soreness to go away this fast though, so thats kind of amazing. Oh and the fairly epic sunburn I got for not putting on sunscreen. I don't have much of an appetite, I'm forcing myself to eat today. I'm also got to enjoy my glenlivet 15 in my fancy glencairn derivative glass. SO there's that.

Time off or not, this week is still going to be all about recovery, so now that I comfortably feel like I won't die, I'm going to use my roller to continue to work out the muscles and such. Legs only until the sunburn fades. I'm crazy, not masochistic.

Also going to use this new lack of appetite to really focus on what I'm eating, not necessarily go towards Whole30 like originally planned, but be aware of what I'll need to change when we do kick it off. I was making dinner last night and I popped out a fun size twix. Went to put it in my mouth, stopped, looked at it in all it's chocolatey caramely glory, then threw it in the trash.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It was pretty epic. Can has scotch now?

Sure. :)

lrgob.non8.jpg

For sunburn: Cold aloe vera gel makes the burn feel exponentially better and heals the surface. For deep healing, apply light and very hydrating lotion to the entire area as often as it feels dry. Burned skin is weak and fragile, and any hydration your body puts there is most likely evaporating.

Is Grimble okay?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Sure. :)

lrgob.non8.jpg

I have never had this. How does it compare to Glenlivet 15? (my current favorite casual drink. I have a bottle of Ardbeg Dark Cove that is my big celebration whiskey and you can pry it from my cold dead fingers)

For sunburn: Cold aloe vera gel makes the burn feel exponentially better and heals the surface. For deep healing, apply light and very hydrating lotion to the entire area as often as it feels dry. Burned skin is weak and fragile, and any hydration your body puts there is most likely evaporating.

Barbasol shaving cream with aloe in it has been a freaking life saver. I have to double check with the wife for what lotions we have, she's better at the skincare game than I am (although you're bringing my skill level up quickly)

EDIT: I have this, will it work?

Is Grimble okay?

She's better. Fortunately, she likes doctors and taking medicine so it makes it super easy. Outside of some crying, she didn't even so much as flinch when they stuck her for a blood draw. I'm raising a warrior who's embracing it all on her own.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I think yes. Though whyyyyyy vaseline, do you need to have men's and women's versions of basically the same lotion product? Lol.

I KNOW. But it was given to me and its worked really well with keeping my hands from turning into sandpaper when I was lifting daily.

36 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I have never had this. How does it compare to Glenlivet 15? (my current favorite casual drink. I have a bottle of Ardbeg Dark Cove that is my big celebration whiskey and you can pry it from my cold dead fingers)

More peat and more smoke. And that is probably true regardless of which scotch you compare Laphroaig to. It's the most in-your-face one of the Islay single malts, in my opinion, and probably an acquired taste. It's actually pretty similar to the regular Ardbeg, but a lot less smooth and gentle.

23 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

I think yes. Though whyyyyyy vaseline, do you need to have men's and women's versions of basically the same lotion product? Lol.

Because marketing.

I doubt I'm the only woman who buys men's products as long as they don't have too much fragrance, since it's essentially the exact same thing, but around 30% cheaper. Shaving products are an obvious and disturbing example of this.

And yes, Vaseline makes good stuff. Stick it in the fridge for a few minutes before applying, and it feels really good on sunburnt skin :) The reason for the lotion is essentially hydrate the skin and provide it with all the building blocks it needs to restore itself as it heals. Any lotion geared towards healing super-dry skin will get the job done.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

More peat and more smoke. And that is probably true regardless of which scotch you compare Laphroaig to. It's the most in-your-face one of the Islay single malts, in my opinion, and probably an acquired taste. It's actually pretty similar to the regular Ardbeg, but a lot less smooth and gentle.

It's like drinking a campfire and it's amazing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I've never had the regular ardbeg, which is probalby an issue because the much more expensive dark cove is happiness in a bottle and very hard not to drink in a single session.

11 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It's like drinking a campfire and it's amazing.

1 minute ago, scalyfreak said:

A peaty camp fire. :)

I do like me a good campfire. I'll give it a go and report back appropriately.

• Like 1

Congratulations!!!!

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

but I had a 20 minute bathroom line that I refuse to acknowledge as part of my time. 

Ohh, this happened to me the time I did a half marathon!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I've never had the regular ardbeg, which is probalby an issue because the much more expensive dark cove is happiness in a bottle and very hard not to drink in a single session.

You definitely need to try Laphroaig then. :)

17 hours ago, Starbuck said:

Congratulations!!!!

Ohh, this happened to me the time I did a half marathon!

Thanks! Timing is, well, crappy.

16 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

You definitely need to try Laphroaig then. :)

Currently convincing Mrs Grumble to let me buy yet another bottle of scotch.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 7:15 PM, Grumble said:

I. Did. It. 

And you know what? 

I was amazing. 

I'm late but I don't care.

Congratulations. You, sir, are awesome!

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:41 PM, Grumble said:

Oh, The dreams you weave. I got my one rest day and back to work (after a trip to the ER for grimble last night)

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, Grumble said:

She's better. Fortunately, she likes doctors and taking medicine so it makes it super easy. Outside of some crying, she didn't even so much as flinch when they stuck her for a blood draw. I'm raising a warrior who's embracing it all on her own.

Also late, but retroactive props to beast-mode Grimble, who is now on my personal list of tough chick role models.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Profit margin. Really. Google "pink tax."

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gemma said:

I'm late but I don't care.

Congratulations. You, sir, are awesome!

Thank you ma'am! 

Also late, but retroactive props to beast-mode Grimble, who is now on my personal list of tough chick role models.

You kidding me? She's the reason I strive to move more, I want to keep up.

Which is some BULLLSHEEEET.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemma said:

Another very good reason to reach for a men's razor and not those awful Gillette Venus abominations. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

*Bell rings*

*Lights dim and a bass beat begins to throb around the arena*

*mic slowly lowers from the ceiling*

Image result for mr kennedy microphone gif

" In the Blue corner, hailing from The Greatest Challenge on the Internet, weighing in at 248 lbs and standing near 6 and a half feet tall, your challenger for this evenings bout, gggGRUMBLEEEE!!!"

*Crowd cheers, chanting Grumbles name*

"And in the Red corner, hailing from the bowels of an Amazon warehouse, weighing in at less than 1 lb and completely made of foam and plastic,  your reigning champion of pain and suffering, Thheeeeeee FOAAMM ROLLLLLLERRRRR!"

*Crowd boos, starts chanting "Beat the Roller, Beat the Roller"*

"This will be a no holds barred, fight to the finish battle of the ages."

"Llladiesandgentlemen, children of all ages..."

Rumble Wwf GIF - Rumble Wwf Fight GIFs

Round 1. Fight!

I last 10 minutes against the foam roller last night. Back of my legs were fine, a little tight but nothing to write home about. Inner thigh near my groin made my breath catch, and my left leg front lower quad made me cuss my mother. I could not hold out against its might. Fortunately, this is a multi-night, multi-round brawl, so we will conduct round two tonight and see if we can't do any better. This time I'll start with my pain point and work from there, maybe we can actually have success.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

weighing in at 248 lbs and standing near 6 and a half feet tall

Really? I must try to remember that not everyone here rolled a slightly anaemic human sorcerer when I'm looking at other people's lifting numbers. 

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

"And in the Red corner, hailing from the bowels of an Amazon warehouse, weighing in at less than 1 lb and completely made of foam and plastic,  your reigning champion of pain and suffering, Thheeeeeee FOAAMM ROLLLLLLERRRRR!"

So, what determines a victory if your opponent is inanimate? Do you just have to pin it to the ground for a count of ten?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Really? I must try to remember that not everyone here rolled a slightly anaemic human sorcerer when I'm looking at other people's lifting numbers. 

I have never been accused of being anemic. 

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

So, what determines a victory if your opponent is inanimate? Do you just have to pin it to the ground for a count of ten?

Make it through a full rolling routine. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Late. To. Last. Party.

Last party best party.

Round 2 of the foam rolling had a rain delay. Mostly because I had a THING at work that made me forced me to take it home. I did manage to sit in a full squat for round about 3 minutes without locking up my hips getting out of it, I can feel my back slowly getting my perpendicular to the ground each time I do it, probably something to do with the fact that the monday massage and yesterdays foam rolling, along with the continual stretching is making my muscles and tendons less like a stretched rubber band.

• Like 3