• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Finishes Strong In Story and Song

Biggest changes that have come out of the marathon and it's training

Appetite has changed, I'm not as hungry as I was at any given time. I find overeating even a little absolutely wrecks me.

I've gotten really good at understanding my bodies cues. The difference between pain levels, what cues my body gives before I actually do something stupid. It's been eye opening.

"Long run" is now a trigger phrase.

I have deleted, unsubscribed, unfriended, unfollowed, and removed all things involving running from my internet searches and social media.

Round 2 officially commenced. Made it 15 minutes this time. 5 on the back of each leg, about 2 1/2 on the front. I should at 5 per side minimum, so improvement, but it's not great.

Still, all in all a good recovery week. All but one of my blisters have completely healed. Starting to get the lifty itch real bad. Trying to stay steady on the course, but the weights are calling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I have deleted, unsubscribed, unfriended, unfollowed, and removed all things involving running from my internet searches and social media.

So, we probably shouldn't spam your thread with running gifs? ;)

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

"Long run" is now a trigger phrase.

Feel ya! 

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

Starting to get the lifty itch real bad. 

2Se3JOD.gif

Sorry ... um... am I the only one who thinks "lifty itch" sounds like bro-speak for a medical condition? Possibly sweat related? 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gemma said:

Sorry ... um... am I the only one who thinks "lifty itch" sounds like bro-speak for a medical condition? Possibly sweat related? 

Excuse you.

I am fluent in bro speak as a side effect of my passion for strength training, but I have NEVER gone full Mazzetti.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

So, we probably shouldn't spam your thread with running gifs? ;)

Reveal hidden contents

I can't afford that much therapy. I will be more than happy to settle for dog gifs.Swinging Funny Animals GIF - Swinging FunnyAnimals DogsOnSwings GIFs

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gemma said:

No.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Harriet said:

So, are you giving up, you know, long-distance fast-walking? To return to lifting? 

I'm giving it up so hard I could probably earn a 30 day chip. 

OK, that's not entirely true. A little cardio won't be awful. I think im going to still run with the run club on Wed nights. It yea, that's it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2019 at 5:09 PM, Grumble said:

OK, that's not entirely true. A little cardio won't be awful. I think im going to still run with the run club on Wed nights. It yea, that's it. 

The longer you get away from consistent training the more you'll dread those runs with the people that do it all the time.... trust me on that one lol

It is a good cross training to mix it in a bit though for sure.  But my real distance running friends talk to me about their runs lonnnng and now I just think "why would you do that to yourself?!?!" Oh well. to each their own.

7 minutes ago, Legolas "Cap" Greenleaf said:

The longer you get away from consistent training the more you'll dread those runs with the people that do it all the time.... trust me on that one lol

It is a good cross training to mix it in a bit though for sure.  But my real distance running friends talk to me about their runs lonnnng and now I just think "why would you do that to yourself?!?!" Oh well. to each their own.

You speak truth, which is why I will maintain a once a week running habit. I can always add more if I feel the urge, but most of my cardio training will be from hiit lifting. I just don't like running. 

• Like 1

Steve just posted a blog about running. I almost logged out entirely.

The gym starts today? The gym, starts today! I was contemplating doing a 1RM test, but thanks to a restricted time table today and some very smart nerds, I am instead starting the week off with legs and core. Bring on the barbell squats. Andd the Hack squats. and the split squats.

That's a lot of squats. I'm gonna die. But it will be in supplication to the church of iron again. And that's alright.

@Gemma, Let's get this party started.

• Like 4

That's a lot of squats. I'm gonna die. But it will be in supplication to the church of iron again. And that's alright.
[mention=63821]Gemma[/mention], Let's get this party started.

Started, sir!

I didn’t do any hack squats, but between squats and split squats and hamstring curls, I might be gonna die too. Nah, prolly not “die.” I’m gonna walk funny tomorrow, though, true fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Gemma said:

Also core = ow! I haven’t planked in a long time and therefore I sorta suck at it!

OOh, I might do a core superset of plate twists and 30 second planks. kinda hit everything. Thanks for the idea.

OOh, I might do a core superset of plate twists and 30 second planks. kinda hit everything. Thanks for the idea.

I don’t know that I’ve been that bad of an influence in a while. :0

I supersetted planks w/reverse crunches and now I’m hoping no one makes me laugh for a couple days.

• Haha 2

Just now, Gemma said:

I don’t know that I’ve been that bad of an influence in a while. :0

A clear indication that you need to spend more time here.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

A clear indication that you need to spend more time here.

Oh, I don't need help in being my own bad influence.

• Like 2

Sooo... 

It turns out I am bad at coming back to lifting. 

Mostly because I think I can lift like I didn't just take almost a year off. 

4x8 highbar squat @185

4x8 RDL superset w/hack squat @135

4x8 split squat @95. Except I got halfway through my first set and couldn't back up. Had to dump the bar.

5x15 seated calf raise @115

3x 15 Russian plate twist superset w/ 3x35 sec planks. 

And for my final trick, I will pretend I can walk tomorrow. 

• Like 6

Heyo, that first week back is killer! I'm just glad you didn't go for 1rm testing -_- 

Fwiw I'm real proud of you finishing that quest. Truly epic.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

Heyo, that first week back is killer! I'm just glad you didn't go for 1rm testing -_- 

It's like I got good advice or something.

11 hours ago, RedStone said:

Fwiw I'm real proud of you finishing that quest. Truly epic.  

It's pretty damn epic. And I feel like I checked that big ass box forever.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

It's like I got good advice or something.

giphy.gif 

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

It's pretty damn epic. And I feel like I checked that big ass box forever.

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I have T-rex arms. And it's not even been 24 hours. What fresh hell is this?

1x8 pullups

3x8 assisted pullups

4x8 pendlay rows @ 155

4x8 DB One arm rows @65

4x8 Barbell curls @60

4x8 Alternating DB curls @25

3x15 Hanging leg raises

I can flex the muscles in my back and feel every. single. micro tear. I also could barely get out of bed, which is going to be great fun on my run tonight. Only 3 miles. Could be worse. *cries*

• Like 2