• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Grumble

Grumble Finishes Strong In Story and Song

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

I have T-rex arms. And it's not even been 24 hours. What fresh hell is this?

1x8 pullups

3x8 assisted pullups

4x8 pendlay rows @ 155

4x8 DB One arm rows @65

4x8 Barbell curls @60

4x8 Alternating DB curls @25

3x15 Hanging leg raises

I can flex the muscles in my back and feel every. single. micro tear. I also could barely get out of bed, which is going to be great fun on my run tonight. Only 3 miles. Could be worse. *cries*

You're still running? 

Anyway, don't you enjoy the t-rex arms, just a tiny bit? Don't you like being reminded that you did something mighty? If I don't have any soreness the day after, I might ask myself "did I even lift?"

1 hour ago, JessFit said:

Yay for soreness! Still, sounds like an incredible workout! 

22 minutes ago, Harriet said:

You're still running? 

Anyway, don't you enjoy the t-rex arms, just a tiny bit? Don't you like being reminded that you did something mighty? If I don't have any soreness the day after, I might ask myself "did I even lift?"

Soreness is excellent. I just wasn't expecting to be T-rexing it so soon.

I mentioned I'm going to stay with the once a week dealie. I figured heading out to the run club is a way to keep it up. It's like @RedStone said on your thread, it's about adding to your repertoire. So maintaining this hard won endurance should be at least addressed.

It's also why my rest times are 60 seconds MAX between sets.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

How old is that movie? Look at those gas prices lol

I'm more concerned with the fact it's that old, and the CGI would be acceptable by today's standards. Has there been no development at all in that area in the past two decades?

• Haha 3

I mentioned I'm going to stay with the once a week dealie. I figured heading out to the run club is a way to keep it up. It's like @RedStone said on your thread, it's about adding to your repertoire. So maintaining this hard won endurance should be at least addressed.

Excellent wisdom. Very impressed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I'm more concerned with the fact it's that old, and the CGI would be acceptable by today's standards. Has there been no development at all in that area in the past two decades?

Are you saying dinosaurs haven't evolved much recently?

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Are you saying dinosaurs haven't evolved much recently?

Exactly! I'm a bit concerned about the longevity of the species if it continues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Why mess with perfection? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Twenty two years old. It's old enough to drink.

Jurassic Whiskey sounds like a band name.

Alt-punk, I would think ...

• Like 1

I did not make my run club last night. Leg day on monday absolutely wrecked my face.

Next week will involve the lifty shuffle. (it's like the cupid shuffle except we just get stuck on switch) I will finish out this week as RX'd though.

Today will be bench and triceps

Tomorrow will be shoulders and traps. And apparently a 2 mile run. I have been requested, very slyly, by grimble that I run her to daycare in the stroller. She gets this privilege until August, when she goes to a more academic focused preschool. It's almost 5 miles away. 10 mile runs can also kiss my ass.

next week, I will put leg day thursday or friday. After run club.

One new thing I've seen is my body is AWAKE NLT than 5AM. I've had time to play D2, have breakfast, enjoy my coffee. It's definitely tied to post marathon changes. I've NEVER been a morning person, so this is super weird. Unless you count seeing the sun both set and rise in the same wake period as a morning person. 

• Like 5

On 4/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mike Wazowski said:

I vote classic country cover band for Jurassic Whiskey.

Weekend At Bernies Ill Allow It GIF - WeekendAtBernies IllAllowIt Dead GIFs

On 4/5/2019 at 11:23 AM, Mike Wazowski said:

What do you think is causing the early morning person changes to happen? And are you liking them?

I honestly don't know. The only major thing that's happened is the marathon. Over the weekend I slept in really late one day (8-ish) and the next I was up at 6:15. I think it's a lot like my body has a better understanding of when it needs to start the day. I don't know if I like them or not, or if its just some bullshit holdover from my younger days when getting up early felt like a punishment instead of part of my day and I'm not sure I'm ready to be that mature about it.

• Haha 1

This is it. My final week as a challenger for the foreseeable future.

It's kind of like the end of an era for me. But we'll talk about that more at the conclusion.

I only managed to get through a 2 mile run on friday. Gym ended up not being a thing. I went waayyyyy too hard days one and two and took a full 5 days to recover. Which actually dovetails nicely into what I was going to do this week anyway. 

Monday: Chest and Tris

Tuesday: Shoulders and traps

Wed: Run club

Thurs: rest

Fri: Legs

Sat and Sun: Army, so exercise can take a flying leap. It's my last drill weekend so Sunday mornings exercise is functioning through a hangover.

• Like 4

Over the weekend I slept in really late one day (8-ish) and the next I was up at 6:15. I think it's a lot like my body has a better understanding of when it needs to start the day. I don't know if I like them or not, or if its just some bullshit holdover from my younger days when getting up early felt like a punishment instead of part of my day and I'm not sure I'm ready to be that mature about it.

giphy.gif

Yeah, ok, I'm right there with you. It is just darn difficult to sleep in when you're accustomed to waking up at darkthirty without serious mitigating factors. But, we can get a lot done while the rest of the world sleeps!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

giphy.gif

Yeah, ok, I'm right there with you. It is just darn difficult to sleep in when you're accustomed to waking up at darkthirty without serious mitigating factors. But, we can get a lot done while the rest of the world sleeps!

I know. It's very rude to point out when I'm being ridiculous.

• Haha 1

First barbell bench press in 5 months. 

It kicked my butt, but I did not overdo it! All weights in lbs

BB Bench: 4x8 @145

DB Incline bench: 4x8 @45

Dips: 8, 8, 5, 6

DB One Arm French press: 3x8 @ 32.5

BB Skullcrushers: 55x8

Battle rope russian twists: 3x15

Slept in a little bit this morning. Knew I was doing it to. I don't know if I'm annoyed with myself about it, or just annoyed that it didn't seem to do anything other than make me lose out on a closer parking spot at work. I'm unapologetically lazy about my foot commute into the office. 

The rest of this week I will be thanking people that have been instrumental in my journey here. (I'm not leaving, you're not getting rid of me that easy.)

First up. @Laghail

Laghail was the first person to welcome me into nerdfitness after I reactivated my account. Through the last couple of years he's been unequivocally supportive. I don't remember if he's called me out on my bullshit here, (there are others who have and they will be addressed later) but even when I've been dumb he's been there as a positive influence. I can honestly say he's become a good friend who I've come to rely on, especially when I need a reminder that shit doesn't suck and I can always find a positive (if somewhat bizarre) outlook on most situations. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Good job not overdoing it! That's a tricky thing to judge over a short break let alone 5 months of [censored] training!

I appreciate you.

It really is a tricky thing to judge. But I think last week let me better understand where my limits are. I'm already feeling it in my arms and chest, but nothing like what I had day after last week. Sore? definitely. Dead. nah. Still, gonna be fun doing OHP today.

• Like 1

Woo bench press!! It's actually the one barbell lift I'm happy to have back in my programming these days (with some clapping pushups mixed in, because YOLO).

I gotta oppose your characterization of @Laghail's perspective as only somewhat bizarre, haha.

What's next for you in a post-challenge world?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Woo bench press!! It's actually the one barbell lift I'm happy to have back in my programming these days (with some clapping pushups mixed in, because YOLO).

It''s usually my least favorite of the big 3, but I felt really good. I did notice I've got some back tightness in my mid back when I was arching and tensing. So I need to figure out why and address that properly.

Ankle mobility has improved since last time I did this. I was able to get my feet flat and my toes directly under my knees with no pain or cramping.

Yea, cause everyone needs plyo pushups in their life.  :/

I gotta oppose your characterization of @Laghail's perspective as only somewhat bizarre, haha.

Positive spin, Mike. Positive spin.

What's next for you in a post-challenge world?

Like I said at the beginning, more GL stuff, going to actively work on mini challenges and bringing new warriors to the fold. That kind of thing. Maybe get to wield the ban mjölnir occasionally.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1