• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah is very very busy lately.

I try to start building each challenge with an eye on my great big life Quest, which is to lengthen and enjoy my time on Earth.  I've been thinking that the way to accomplish this is through building healthful habits as both the means and the end.  This challenge will be about the daily work of cementing these habits of self-improvement.  So here we go.

Food.  I want to eat mindfully every day.  At this point I have a number of tools in my kit for making this happen, I just have to build the habit of using them.

Fitness.  I want to exercise more days than not, so the goal is 4 per week.  Lately I've been investigating kettlebells, but any intentional exercise will count.

Spirit.  I want to have some kind of spiritual engagement every day.  Being a Christian person sets the tone for this, but being a somewhat unconventional Christian person expands the possibilities.

Life Enrichment.  I want to do something with my brain every day.  Right now I'm a college student, which does accomplish this goal some days.  I'm also taking a few early steps in learning the guitar and I still sometimes play the ukulele.  I always enjoy reading (in audiobook form these days), writing, and other arts.  Any intentional brain engagement will count.

Those are the four.  I'm tracking them in my HabitBull, and I'll try to report on them daily, as well as posting up a pic of the app every week, although I realistically think that this won't always happen.  Life is busy, after all.

Happy Challenge!

• Like 16

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah! Great goals i am sure you will achieve them all <3 here to support you of course xx

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following.

Welcome Aboard!

2 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Ch-ch-chcheeetah pals! 

Here!

BuuuuuDDY!

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Here for follow and encourage ( hopefully less sporadically than usual)

Whatever works for you; you're always welcome!

56 minutes ago, deftona said:

Of course I am following :) 

Hello!  :-)  Happy Monday!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Life is busy, after all.

Beautifully so. Happy challenging!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Xena said:

Beautifully so. Happy challenging!

Thanks!

How about an update?  Sure why not!

Food today has been mostly good.  Eggs and cheese for breakfast, cranberry scone in the mid-morning when I was legit hungry at a coffee shop.  I had lunch with my daughter at her school because it's her birthday today, so that was bland but balanced and very moderate portions.  In the afternoon I had a bit of pie and ice cream because there's no way to transport desserts to my workplace so sometimes I have to have them at home in the afternoon.  I had the mindful quantity of pie and icecream that I needed and no more.  Evening food was garlic and herb goat cheese, crackers, spanish olives, baby carrots, and a handful of chocolate chips. 

I did six or seven sets of 10 pushups, so that's exercise done.  My right Achilles is twinging a bit today, so I'm trying to stretch my calf a bit now and again.  I'll take it a bit easy when I do KB work tomorrow.  Speaking of which, today I decided that I'm not going to do Getups at this point on my KB journey.  I just don't want to do them, and it's pointless to try to talk myself into an exercise that I don't want to do.  I like doing presses and squats, so I'll do those instead.  Pavel can go suck an egg if he doesn't like it.

I had a bit of God time today, so that was good.

I used my brain to get some studenting done.  The term is almost over, and I've got one of my three classes totally finished.  I have very little work left to do.

So that's 4/4 today.  Good start!

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Speaking of which, today I decided that I'm not going to do Getups at this point on my KB journey.  I just don't want to do them, and it's pointless to try to talk myself into an exercise that I don't want to do.  I like doing presses and squats, so I'll do those instead.  Pavel can go suck an egg if he doesn't like it.

I 100% support this. Getups are optional after all. I've never wanted to do them either. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Salinger said:

GREAT start :) xx

Thanks!

2 hours ago, KB Girl said:

I 100% support this. Getups are optional after all. I've never wanted to do them either. 

Thank you, I really appreciate knowing that I'm not the only one.  It just seems so unnecessarily complicated to me.  If you want to lift something over your head, why would you lie down next to it first when you can just clean and press it?  Turkish people might be silly.  Russians definitely are silly.

• Like 2

Following for awesome goals!

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

today I decided that I'm not going to do Getups at this point on my KB journey.  I just don't want to do them, and it's pointless to try to talk myself into an exercise that I don't want to do

Honestly, I don't understand getups at all. I've tried to do them multiple times and can never tell if I'm doing them right, and always wonder what good they actually do! I'm with you on the no getups train. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm with you on the no getups train. I've never tried them, but I just don't see the point other than hard for the sake of hard.

wOOt WOOT!

Just now, NicTheRugger said:

Following for awesome goals!

Honestly, I don't understand getups at all. I've tried to do them multiple times and can never tell if I'm doing them right, and always wonder what good they actually do! I'm with you on the no getups train. 

Welcome aboard!  I feel like we should be printing #nOgeTupS t-shirts.  :-D

• Like 3

I love get- ups. However, I'm very much on the bandwagon that if you hate some exercise, you don't have to do it. You are much more likely to do exercises you like.

But , I am going to do something very rare, I am going to disagree with:surprise:@Tanktimus the Encourager       Get ups are very useful, and not just hard for the sake of hard. They are full body exercises, they are great for building shoulder strength and mobility, they help with cross directional training . They are a great combination of building strength and grace. Of course, there are other ways to do those things. I like to say they are magic, but in truth they are not:friendly_wink: So , I'm not trying to talk you into doing them, just dispensing a bit of get up love for someone else who might like to try them.:smile-new:

• Like 10

Awkward is when the fat-burning happens, smooth and efficient is too easy. (Actually, I have no idea if that’s true. ) so... maybe windmills instead?

301d1c2abf9fd469c401cb1a2b0f953d.jpg
(That was a joke. I can’t even wrap my head around these. )

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I love get- ups. However, I'm very much on the bandwagon that if you hate some exercise, you don't have to do it. You are much more likely to do exercises you like.

But , I am going to do something very rare, I am going to disagree with:surprise:@Tanktimus the Encourager       Get ups are very useful, and not just hard for the sake of hard. They are full body exercises, they are great for building shoulder strength and mobility, they help with cross directional training . They are a great combination of building strength and grace. Of course, there are other ways to do those things. I like to say they are magic, but in truth they are not:friendly_wink: So , I'm not trying to talk you into doing them, just dispensing a bit of get up love for someone else who might like to try them.:smile-new:

I definitely did not mean to imply that there's no value in them or that other people shouldn't do them.  To each there own!  I just dunwanna.  :-)

29 minutes ago, KB Girl said:

Haha I just noticed the topic title change :D

It's what I do.  ;-)

23 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Awkward is when the fat-burning happens, smooth and efficient is too easy. (Actually, I have no idea if that’s true. ) so... maybe windmills instead?

I want to try them, but mostly because I remember doing windmills in PE in grade school, and I always thought they were fun.  I do them BW sometimes, and I want to try them with a kettlebell to see if they're still fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

301d1c2abf9fd469c401cb1a2b0f953d.jpg

The guy in that picture is actually a real life friend of mine, he has more of these crazy pics. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KB Girl said:

The guy in that picture is actually a real life friend of mine, he has more of these crazy pics. 

Nice.  I'm pretty sure I can hit that pose.  I'll try it later.  I'm pretty flexible for my age.  But I have considerably more body fat than your friend, so the pic wouldn't be nearly as attractive.  :-)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I want to try them, but mostly because I remember doing windmills in PE in grade school, and I always thought they were fun.  I do them BW sometimes, and I want to try them with a kettlebell to see if they're still fun.

WIndmills are the kettlebell exercise I  have a hate for. They are us so awkward, I never can figure out how to do them:smile-new:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

WIndmills are the kettlebell exercise I  have a hate for. They are us so awkward, I never can figure out how to do them:smile-new:

I can definitely understand.  I'll try some tomorrow and report results.  :-)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Love the premise of this challenge. Following along

Hello!