• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah is very very busy lately.

I forgot to update yesterday.  Let's see.  Food was not so good.  I didn't breakfast before taking the kids to school, and I went shopping after so I stopped at a gas station and grabbed a couple of breakfast sammiches and a weird pastry thing.  The pastry was bad but I ate it anyway, which was not really honoring the principles.  Then I packed a decent bento dinner, sardines and pretzles and cheese and freggies and strawberries and such.  That was fine, but I had had beakfast so late that I hadn't had lunch so by four I had eaten everything I had brought, which is fine because I was legit hungry but then I was out if food.  I took this as an excuse to raid the snackateria when I got hungry later.  I didn't do too poorly, protein bar, cashews, peanut m&Ms and some baked potato chips.  Not exactly a calorie binge, but it didn't really honor nutrition either.  So no point for the day, but I'm not mad about it.  Moving on.

I did exercise.  I did 3 circuits of 10 gob squats, 10 halos (5 each way), 10 swings, and 20 presses (10 each arm) with a 25# bell.  It felt good, and my Achilles is calming down.

I did not God time yesterday.  I did brain time; I got my accounting class work done for the term.  Only the final exam is left in that class.

So 2/4 yesterday.  I'll take it!

• Like 6

Nice start for week zero.  

I love Get Ups, but they tire me the hell out!   I remember doing them at a chain gym once, (with a DB because they had no KBs) and this super fit guy came by and said, "Nice!  You don't see too much of that here, well done!"   It was a super ego stroker moment, and I like pets!  LOL.  

But that windmill thing looks scary!   Haha.    Defs on board with the find what you love, do what you love, and don't worry about the shoulds/shouldnts of others.    You gotta do you!

Great bit of inspiration to be had here!   Thanks!

• Like 4

On 3/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, Elastigirl said:

They are full body exercises, they are great for building shoulder strength and mobility, they help with cross directional training . They are a great combination of building strength and grace. Of course, there are other ways to do those things. I like to say they are magic, but in truth they are not:friendly_wink: So , I'm not trying to talk you into doing them, just dispensing a bit of get up love for someone else who might like to try them.:smile-new:

that's actually really good to know! I think my problem with them is that I may not actually know how to do them properly, so I never got the full-body benefit from them. Just confusion :P Maybe I'll have to figure out how they work and give them another shot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NicTheRugger said:

that's actually really good to know! I think my problem with them is that I may not actually know how to do them properly, so I never got the full-body benefit from them. Just confusion :P Maybe I'll have to figure out how they work and give them another shot.

Best plan is to start without weight, then do it with a shoe

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Best plan is to start without weight, then do it with a shoe

^^

My physical therapist, when she was rehabbing my shoulder, had me do this exact progression! :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks!

You're welcome!  :-)

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

confusion

I often experience confusion.  I'm confused right now.

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

do it with a shoe

Maybe I'll windmill a shoe tomorrow.  I didn't windmill today because I took a walk instead.

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

this exact progression

Shoe Windmills it is!

• Like 1

It was really nice out this afternoon, so I took a walk around the neighborhood and clocked 3 miles.  It felt pretty good, but I definitely need to do it more often.  I've been thinking that this summer I'm going to try to take my kids on some hikes.  We have really good parks in our area, and there's no reason not to.  Plus that will help prime them for backpacking. 

Food has been good so far today.  Breakfast was eggs and a little bacon.  I had lunch with my son at his school; today is his birthday.  So that was very balanced and good portions.  I bought myself a new bento set today, even though I kind of said I wasn't going to, and I'm glad I did because it's much better suited to my purposes.  Today I packed it with mushrooms, radishes, bell pepper, salami, jalapeno havarti, olives, pretzel sticks, and a few hershey kisses.  Oh, and a banana.  Very nice.

I was at a coffee shop for a while this morning and I took a coloring book and some pencils, and listened to an audiobook while I colored, so that counts for brain exercise. 

So ya, pretty good day.  I'm just so tired though.  I need to check my time card for the week and see if I can go home early.  Probably not though. 

• Like 6

Sounds like a pretty awesome day!  Your bento sounds tasty, and Havarti is the best cheese!!!  Happy belated birthday to the cheetah cub, and I hope you got to go home early!

• Like 1

I LOVE COLORING

Also why was I not subbed to this thread???? Gee shaar get it together huh

• Like 1

Oh hiking and backpacking with kids, my dream future :) How old are yours?

On 3/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, Elastigirl said:

WIndmills are the kettlebell exercise I  have a hate for. They are us so awkward, I never can figure out how to do them:smile-new:

I dislike windmills too... but to be fair, I dislike pretty much every kettlebell exercise that isn't snatches or jerks, hehehehe. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stribs said:

Sounds like a pretty awesome day!  Your bento sounds tasty, and Havarti is the best cheese!!!  Happy belated birthday to the cheetah cub, and I hope you got to go home early!

Thanks!  I did not go home early.  Cest La Vie.

6 hours ago, shaar said:

I LOVE COLORING

Coloring is the best.  :-)

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

AHh sounds like a lovely day!!!! Hope you continue that xx

I shall endeavour to do my best.  ;-)

1 hour ago, KB Girl said:

Oh hiking and backpacking with kids, my dream future :) How old are yours?

I dislike windmills too... but to be fair, I dislike pretty much every kettlebell exercise that isn't snatches or jerks, hehehehe. 

They just turned 7 and 11.  The older one, my daughter, is pretty excited for backpacking, but I need to get her on some day hikes with a pack first to make sure she's going to be into it.

I have a question for you about snatches.  Is it permissible to rotate your wrist and roll the kettlebell around your forearm as you press it up rather than flipping it over the top?  It seems like you could avoid smacking your arm that way, although I haven't tried either method.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Doe said:

Looks like a great challenge you've got going here. Look forward to hearing about it!

Thanks!  I always enjoy talking about it!  :-D

So, let's see where we are today.

Food was weird today.  I had some cottage cheese in the morning, and a few probars around mid day and early afternoon.  At about 9 I was a bit hungry when the BBQ truck came around, so I got some pulled pork nachos.  I feel like I could have done a little better nutrition-wise, but the rest of my day was pretty light, and it was what I wanted and I was hungry when I got it, so I'm calling it a win.  I win with nachos.

I did not exercise today, but I did the last 4 days in a row, and today I was really tired and needed a rest day so I took it.  I brain engaged with an audiobook.  I did a spirit thing.  So that's 3/4 with intent, and I'm pretty happy about that.

I might maybe finally get the minor promotion that I've been hearing about since like last October.  Maybe tomorrow.  We'll see.

I think that's it.  Anyway, I'm too tired to think of anything else to say.

• Like 9

I just did a set of snatches to make sure I was remembering how I did them. I forgot how much of a gut buster these are.

First off, buy a set of Kettlegaurds before you try them. Mine are like wristbands with plastic ribs. Definitely worth the money.

I probably shouldn’t say anything because my snatch is ugly (hee hee). But you shouldn’t have to move your wrist around. Keep the bell sort of close to your body and with your hip drive punch up. If the gods favor you it won’t bash your wrist.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Happienumber said:

*whispers* what are freggies?

I think it can mean two things.  I used it to mean "fresh vegetables" but I think some people use it to mean "fruits and/or vegetables". 

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I just did a set of snatches to make sure I was remembering how I did them. I forgot how much of a gut buster these are.

First off, buy a set of Kettlegaurds before you try them. Mine are like wristbands with plastic ribs. Definitely worth the money.

I probably shouldn’t say anything because my snatch is ugly (hee hee). But you shouldn’t have to move your wrist around. Keep the bell sort of close to your body and with your hip drive punch up. If the gods favor you it won’t bash your wrist.

Cool beans.  In any case I'll probably just keep swinging and pressing for a while.  :-)

4 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

Here’s hoping for the promotion!!

Thanks!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Ayye... fresh veggies makes so much sense lol

I often find myself having to google things that I read in the forums.  :-)

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah, good luck in work today, hope you get that promotion!! xx

Thanks!

So, I made a food mistake this morning and ate a gross stale cupcake that I didn't really even want.  My daughter had made it for me (she did a batch of them at a friends house) like four days ago, and put it in a box on the counter, and forgot to tell me about it.  I didn't feel like I could refuse it, because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.  But it wasn't good and I wasn't hungry, so it was not mindful eating.  However, I still feel somewhat justified because of the situation, so I've decided that as long as my eating is mindful for the rest of the day, I'm still going to give myself the point.  Because for me, having made one mistake will usually send me into fuckit mode and I'll eat like garbage all day as a result.  So if I can break that and have a good day in spite of a mistake, that will be a win for me.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I just read about Indiana lobster. Sounds like a cheap way to get some protein.

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Phew, I was scared to click on this link to find out what kind of euphemistic horror this was - being from the land of the Dockyard Oyster at all - but I was pleasantly surprised. 

Don't google that. 

I know you're gonna. 

But don't. 

• Like 2