• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cheetah

Cheetah is very very busy lately.

Nice to see your update. Glad the challenge is still going well for you. Hopefully things simmer down soon.

Hoo boy work chaos is a Real Feel.  You're hanging in there though and you're right, it's only temporary!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 1:07 PM, Cardinal_22 said:

Following.  Sorry I'm late to the show.  Congrats on the promotion!!!

Thanks!

On 3/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, Salinger said:

Hope things settle down a bit for you soon. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Thanks, you too!

On 3/29/2019 at 10:13 PM, Doe said:

Nice to see your update. Glad the challenge is still going well for you. Hopefully things simmer down soon.

I hope so, but we'll see!

On 3/30/2019 at 9:51 AM, shaar said:

Hoo boy work chaos is a Real Feel.  You're hanging in there though and you're right, it's only temporary!!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!

AND ALSO WITH YOU!!!

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah, how was the weekend?xx

Not bad, just busy busy!

I vlog'd.  https://youtu.be/D_-xGSIpP0E

Happy Monday!

• Like 4

Update!

Okay, here's my habit bull captures for the challenge so far.

Week 1

DcaVTApPvPt3XUuQgNUedY5Ip2RlK9CgNbxhEKbN0DkaBeZE83OgZByk2lCH-Y8Xub_UaP1jmsycVrdRfl0kSgQKNOUGnQpyvyiJLg3bVDTxVdj8pUWpcHY2WCD_DG2fVCYJMFflHyAjZg_z0_N6FDhtlcJzqM2VkGcaPUPXg9-DTulyLtPy5Dv2KNeAI8FUBxUy2hT8zAFD2KIlv4QqgqOmL9CRDzAWzTqS5op5b9RxZ1OmqsG3JYVJ9IUT30OAZJb4X6KemVKsFimCiNxgdSJy6w5uPRrmFb9h8G9JlgOjAGcieXQXQbdPckBXMKFAcimfHHdl5L8CxW3p5X-TOAM-rx9mRcOhh--DqpLzAFkywaKuUJSLZU6lnLolsco3S-4sgp5h2SvMOBVuUNAQ8MH-_U9dmcNR-H10XrK-SEXBVKCf5GfeLvftA3bXNYWDkZrxpVwCOBiAYyDkPOn9XCSq52OnDmKZf2W6KHllzo9QFojG0MjOaVzCa58r1QbZffCqrD9qZjpZ70SI6hP42cocD1v9DgDV-V9N6iH9y-nYfa7qn56OCJov1-Wqnuu3Icx9IbhbTWibrXtiIJfrAzcG960Rvg8HGFzpEOiVkNsLhAgY7XHTUlvK6TE6JKnuz0nZsmxPXsQq4s4lLL_FwoVjPWmsyNyY=w690-h765-no

Week 2

ZZNSrOhKDIXoriAFLoJA2qxj0vlVjlxj2AaASZjTtGFTsB_ZT0IKdSebQpm6hiFtdgBtkBScbx4tSS1qKwmuC_7FSrB3k5ljYbcOUYYoiDPGJjYpvoeSn7-3LcrFLRA3mH-BamSbZyCnBj_3r4lPz6QkAjz1sYAbXp4bFIEf-hzLGc1baw4zlIGj7TApHV8vSt8gz1W9kmqDIaSWPfiuyjnarw-z-i9Pn3ulOwMxjyf7lPrN225M9aogEEh8k69rp7YIIOkq7jJsVj96atp9TEnyO-gJkJxTtFn-Icvw7CvPb93Wgye5TjQOUk7WoXqI3zLQFtmXkYqV8dLcTB_ZC-WJlAS1-AoYM9nW-Z3Q62DRU7XmJ6RGFRxvb4EtGhy51d8EfGKQAozkYDj27RWE2T-t7iuOeWFTV0INqKmSnhKGZEu7ov3zUDow37kHwoeRySW-S3FW8dnCBwFzNtdKbrYabcbQil__t9Fhsb1OLoCKEkWEitDTDsWiy7CO2b6j5CKyjJ8cly4PFDihc9X14zU7NqR5xq546b3YHgCRA3GCd2z629x62hjamMzi-T01gdgRoAkGN6JyhNLs2g4BzhqEuzkVNVcs3fDoRXVDHSMEcXWGyAs4HVSiIxeTfQ3e8UdSQK-TrV2fvKLrmdElSPOBTGlP-vFN=w688-h765-no

Week 3

fV2QV7mxXXSgbv6I4-fUb5IqtJhdq8F8uL8ASz6BWNfhh4R9X9zn36YxbADRvBj1YDqt7RUxBqlQEojyB1wsz47WtFf57QEO6iaTS1Mp88NDozj5GE3WtAKE8TLYylXZ1FSHxhGvjG6fwpkKJ_8x0jRVaVpbS3uV_zePH07v8LnKjtcoirWI7CAdgTj2p695Hvtn8bJYErH0pIPRPxf5Et4I7ypqPH7OZR75D5HCIBaspJRtip8yDK1TrYoc8lu3nkhvb-MOm8KwniT4Idul92TyimM40BrPF7AV65_7ih_w67rc-tw4cHGV7sx1lOjSGntXmQ7k8JkFUCKg2nAk6Xyf_2ksZ7yGNEYI-r_riR2VH2_wBGA50QDj75DyfmBvAho2kPqIAOJDjAaq5nMlC9salDy7cqpPTTiRG8a6qxIj-p-xJxfZsJ-sndjsbcw5S-UaeAKKCsLdMo4i-qy4CtHA50_h_8bv3WT4ZgNiGSSpbUFYNf5cWbFeS8_KNLZBzeAtcDz_B3aHQMadpZ0KY4agewwtvC_4YZ-pQbxCPZSHJNdp3A3w4hmtpqKKQmppCn48kzUobITPayZmzFKtRgW9cILiYi_sRc8m6_IvMiH1XexqW8ZBWziSm9lBxZIp5Y1VmrnOMURWrXQdTyKgpSZmd0nIvGqH=w679-h765-no

So apparently brain engagement and mental stimulation is something I do without really trying.  So I'm basically dropping that from the challenge, because there's no challenge to it.  Let's call it Mission Accomplished.

On the other hand, I haven't gotten any exercise in about two weeks.  That's not really good.  I have to get back on top of this.  I'll try to get in some pushups or something tonight, and do at least a few sets of KB swings tomorrow.  There's no excuse for it; I've just fallen out of discipline and motivation.

Mindful eating has been pretty good!  I've missed a couple of days here and there, but overall I've been pretty steady at it.  That makes me very happy.  I know part of the IE thing is that I'm supposed to be more concerned with having a healthy relationship with food and not as concerned with weight or body shape, but one cannot help keeping track of how well one's pants fit.  So I don't know what I weigh but I seem to be maintaining my size, and that's not bad.  I'm trying to gently push myself in the direction of making healthier food choices whenever I can, without instituting any rules or restrictions more complex than that.  I am confident that as time goes on and I get better at this, my size will go back down a little.

The bento lunches continue to be a good plan for me.  I haven't posted much about them lately, but I've been following the basic formula most days and it's working.  Today is actually an exception, because I made a big batch of cabbage soup so I brought that for dinner.  I do so love cabbage soup.  :-)

What else is going on?  Studenting is going to be pretty relaxed this quarter, although I do have a large paper I have to write.  But it's one of those deals where all of the weekly assignments are parts of the paper, so I get to spend 10 weeks writing it.  The other class I'm taking is just math stuff, no writing, easy peasy.

I think that's about it.  I hope you're all having a good week!

• Like 5

On 4/1/2019 at 7:42 PM, Cheetah said:

Good, I called you out in my vlog in hopes that you had also vlogged. You aren't wearing a hat, though.  #disappointed

The kettlebell workout sounds good! How do you know that you've found the right weight of kettlebell? I don't know exactly how hard it's supposed to be. Like, dying right away? Dying by the end?

PAINTING MINIATURES!!! My brother did that and he loved it! Pictures if you do any, please!  :D 

1 hour ago, SkyGirl said:

The kettlebell workout sounds good! How do you know that you've found the right weight of kettlebell? I don't know exactly how hard it's supposed to be. Like, dying right away? Dying by the end?

I'm not Cheetah:biggrin-new: but I think you asked this on your thread, and I didn't reply, so I thought I'd give my 2 cents. For circuit training(like the NF workout) you want a lighter bell. Your first rounds should be fairly easy. You want to be able to do all the rounds with good form. If I were going to scale it 1, being super easy, 10 being 10- Your first rounds should be around 4 -5 , then the last round about a 9. You could do another round if you were trying to win a bet, but  you are honestly ready to just be done. Or you could even be at an 8,  where you could  do another round without being totally blasted, but stopping now , you still feel like you got  good sweat in. My view of workouts are that I rarely  do them to the point of feeling like dying. I'd rather  workout, rest a bit, and feel like I am energized for what is coming next. Then, on occasion, I'll push it to 10, to see what I can do.

• Like 3

Oh man vlogging straight outta waking up that's like next level, I at least have to be like, non-haggard

Happy almost weekend!!!

13 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

How do you know that you've found the right weight of kettlebell?

The guidelines on weight are a little fuzzy, depending on who you ask.  What I've gathered is you should be able to swing your KB for 10 sets of 10 with active rest of about a minuted between sets.  If you can do that without difficulty, go up to the next weight progressively.  So the next session, you'd do 1 set at the higher weight and 9 at the lower.  next session 2 and 8, then 3 and 7, and so on. At any time you can do as many sessions you need at whatever point you've progressed to before continuing on.  I think the idea is that you should be able to do 100 swings and fully recover by the next day; simple and sinister is supposed to be a daily workout.  Does that help?  @Sloth the Enduring and @KB Girl could probably explain it better than I have, and I'm just a noob myself so I might have it wrong.

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I'm not Cheetah:biggrin-new: but I think you asked this on your thread, and I didn't reply, so I thought I'd give my 2 cents. For circuit training(like the NF workout) you want a lighter bell. Your first rounds should be fairly easy. You want to be able to do all the rounds with good form. If I were going to scale it 1, being super easy, 10 being 10- Your first rounds should be around 4 -5 , then the last round about a 9. You could do another round if you were trying to win a bet, but  you are honestly ready to just be done. Or you could even be at an 8,  where you could  do another round without being totally blasted, but stopping now , you still feel like you got  good sweat in. My view of workouts are that I rarely  do them to the point of feeling like dying. I'd rather  workout, rest a bit, and feel like I am energized for what is coming next. Then, on occasion, I'll push it to 10, to see what I can do.

I agree.  Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Hey Cheetah, how are you doing today?xx

Eh.  I'm okay; I feel like food is going to be a struggle.

16 minutes ago, shaar said:

Oh man vlogging straight outta waking up that's like next level, I at least have to be like, non-haggard

Happy almost weekend!!!

Are you saying I looked haggard?  :-P

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

The guidelines on weight are a little fuzzy, depending on who you ask.  What I've gathered is you should be able to swing your KB for 10 sets of 10 with active rest of about a minuted between sets.  If you can do that without difficulty, go up to the next weight progressively.  So the next session, you'd do 1 set at the higher weight and 9 at the lower.  next session 2 and 8, then 3 and 7, and so on. At any time you can do as many sessions you need at whatever point you've progressed to before continuing on.  I think the idea is that you should be able to do 100 swings and fully recover by the next day; simple and sinister is supposed to be a daily workout.  Does that help?  @Sloth the Enduring and @KB Girl could probably explain it better than I have, and I'm just a noob myself so I might have it wrong.

To be honest I'm pretty clueless because I have the luxury of picking a different kettlebell for every exercise and type of set. So for example if I do a 10 minute set it's going to be about 4kg lighter than if I'd do a 2 or 3 minute set. And it differs quite a lot for people- some can swing a 24kg no problem but they'd die doing snatches with 12kg, while for some that weight difference would only be 2kg.. 

Just try. Don't make it too hard. Try a little harder/heavier and go back down as you please. No ego :)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Oh these are both VERY helpful. I am still very new and only do the NF circuit workout, so I looked at "10 sets of 10" and went

giphy.gif

So maybe the 7-pound KB is okay for me for now. I do still need to ask the gym about purchasing a 10-pounder though. 

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

No ego :)

Eeyyyyyyyesssss, this is the hard part.  :D  :D  :D  For any exercise. I want to lift HEAVIER and go FASTER and be the SWEATIEST and ... yeah.  :D 

5 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

So maybe the 7-pound KB is okay for me for now. I do still need to ask the gym about purchasing a 10-pounder though. 

If you feel like the weight is a bit light, see how slow you can go. On the overhead press, see how slow and controlled of a descent you can do when you pull the bell down. On the squats, go super slow, or even pause in a few spots on the way down, then push up fast

• Like 1

I'm not doing very well at updating this week!

Everything has been up and down challenge-wise for the last few days.  I finally did get some exercise yesterday.  I okayed tag with my kids for almost an hour at a playground, so that was running and climbing and now I'm a little beat up in the good way.  Food has been mostly okay but I did have a trail mix problem Thursday.

I think that's about it.  I'll update more consistently, and next week will be a better week!

• Like 2

Oh I could really go for a game of tag right now. Sorry about the trail mix problem but it sounds like you're on top of everything just nicely!

Saturday update

Food was mostly good but at game day I did have more dinner and cookies than I needed.  Not a lot more, but it was definitely not mindful eating.  I'll try to do better next time.

I did get a few sets of kb swings in, so that was good.  My back has been tight like I tweaked it, but I don't remember doing anything to it.  I think it's just letting me know that I'm being too lazy and to get busy again.

I think that's about it.  Happy Sunday!

• Like 3

Good job getting some movement in. I don't think I could handle playing tag with anyone over about 4 years old. Kids are too fast and nimble for me...my creaky joints can't turn and move that fast :-)

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, Salinger said:

haha tag, cool fun :)

Hope your weekend is excellent xx

It wasn't bad!

On 4/6/2019 at 6:24 PM, deftona said:

Oh I could really go for a game of tag right now. Sorry about the trail mix problem but it sounds like you're on top of everything just nicely!

Something like that.  I'm muddling through, anyway.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, Salinger said:

Happy Sunday Cheetah, hope youre enjoying the day <3 x

It ended better than I expected!

18 hours ago, Xena said:

Good job getting some movement in. I don't think I could handle playing tag with anyone over about 4 years old. Kids are too fast and nimble for me...my creaky joints can't turn and move that fast :-)

They're quick; that's for sure.  I felt pretty good about keeping up with them.  :-)

Sunday Update

I did pretty well with food yesterday.  The inlaws took us out for lunch to a Chinese buffet, and I ate just enough to be full and happy but not too much, so that was a big win.  Then the inlaws unexpectedly decided to keep our kids overnight.  My beautiful wife and I went out and saw Captain Marvel, so I had to have a bit of popcorn, but I didn't go crazy with it, so I'm still counting the win.  I did not exercise Sunday.  And that's okay.  :-)

• Like 4

Well, it's Thursday already, and the week has flown by.  I don't have my phone in front of me so I couldn't say what I've done which days, but it's been hit and miss this week.  The main theme is that I've been really really busy, and that will continue through the weekend.  Tomorrow I should have a little computer time to catch up on threads and do a proper update.  I'm cutting myself a lot of grace though, because my resources are stretched really thin right now.  So I'm getting by, not perfectly but good enough for now.  For all that things have been crazy lately, I'm in a really good head space and that feels nice.

Okay, that's it for now but I will properly check in tomorrow.  Ciao!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Cheetah said:

The main theme is that I've been really really busy

BIG SAME

We will prevail!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2