• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Toshimi

Toshimi lays foundations

I've been doing a lot of reflecting on past challenges, and I feel like I've taken on more than I can. Trying to take things slow, especially with working out. Hydrate and Sleep should be easy ones to reach. Well being I might need to get figured out a little more, but I think that's the minimum I need to get done. I also have realized I need to make some time for things I enjoy doing. Lately that has been playing video games (Horizon Zero Dawn) but I am realizing I am playing at the expense of other things. 

Nutrition: This one is a little imprecise, just because I don't know what it is going to entail. I meet with a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner on the 22nd, so I will update this after that. 

week 0: fill out nutrition logs

Week 1: nutrition apt

Week 2-4: No dairy, no sugar (monkfruit sweetener okay on occasion) no grains. no more than 1 drink per week. Take vitamins/supplements

Exercise & Mobility: be This is one area I really need/want to work on. my knee has been having issues, and I know it's largely because I've stopped stretching and doing the things I know I should. Mobility can be Yoga, dynamic stretching, or time with the foam roller/trigger point ball. If funds allow, I am hoping to take a trigger point class in the next 2 months. 

Walk 15 -30 mins 3+ days a week

Hydrate: I do pretty okay during the week, but weekends are really bad. 

Drink 64 oz of plain  water- Squeeze of citrus okay

Well being: Keeping the house in order does wonders for my mental well being. Like others, I don't get a lot of help with it. I need to figure out the minimums I need to do to keep the house in a state that I can live with. Right now the house is pretty crazy, we tore out our main closet 3 weeks ago, and hopefully we'll be finishing it in the next week. That will allow me to get my crafting room set up which I am realizing how much I'm missing. 

Spend 15 mins at least 3 days a week cleaning up the house. 

Clean both bathrooms and do a  full wipe down on the kitchen every week

Spend time in the yard/crafting/doing something for me

Find new options for therapists

Sleep: I've gotten into play Horizon Zero Dawn, and it's been effecting my sleep schedule. 

No video games after 8 pm on work nights. 

• Like 4

Yesterday went pretty well. Ended up working late so I didn't get a workout in, but I did go on a walk in the afternoon with my mom. I think it was at least 10 minuets. It was cold, so we were walking faster than normal, but it was our normal 10 min route so I'm counting it. It's raining today so not sure if I'll get a walk in. 

Spent a while last night (and with help from hubby!) and got the living room and kitchen cleaned up. The plan for tomorrow is we get our workout room and the crafting room at least semi presentable. His parents are coming into town Thursday so I want it to look pretty good. I think I might just end up bringing home some extra bins we're not using at work right now so at least the mess can get contained. Not the type of cleaning I want to do, but it would get us through until next week. 

Daylight savings time is stupid. Between that and work being pretty stressful I haven't been sleeping well. Hoping that forcing myself to get up early this morning might make it easier to get to sleep tonight? 

Nutrition log day 1 filled out, at least 2 more to go. 

• Like 2

I feel you on needing to get sleep sorted. I'm needing to do that myself, although my kryptonite tends to be videos and content rather than gaming.

It'll be interesting to see what the Nutritional Therapist has in store for you. I wish you luck!

In-laws are coming into town tomorrow, so going to do my best to finish off this week strong. Need to go shoe shopping tonight ( I think some of my knee problems is I've let my every day shoes get way to worn out) but I do want to get my made strong in as well as cleaning up the rest of the house. I know I wont get it in this week if I don't do it tonight. Still some cleaning to do, but with some of the repairs on my house somewhat finished today (still need paint but everything is in one piece) we can start moving things back to where they normally belong. 

21 hours ago, Kishi said:

I feel you on needing to get sleep sorted. I'm needing to do that myself, although my kryptonite tends to be videos and content rather than gaming.

Yeah I think I need to add no instagram before bed either.

I just think I need to somewhat rethink my whole bedtime routine, and my getting up one for that matter as well. I feel like I've been putting stuff off that needs to be getting done. Mainly I can't think of the last time I washed my face before bed. There has been the occasional splash of water on my face but I feel like that doesn't count. Also need to get back into brushing and flossing, instead of just brushing. 

Tonight for sure, and hopefully tomorrow night, going to start getting ready for bed at 9. Should only take 10-15 mins to get ready ( I think?) Then I'd have time to listen to a whole Harry Potter and the Sacred Text podcast before bed. 

I also want to start getting up at 6 am again. I have been getting to work later and later. Thankfully I don't have a time I have to clock in by.  But it would also be nice to have a cup of tea before work and not be rushed getting in. 

I also added in that I need to find what options I have for mental health providers (mainly a therapist of some sort). Not committing to making an appointment just yet, but I at least need to know what options are out there. I thought I had a great one last year, but after awhile i just felt like she and I were on two different pages, mainly when it came to some of my goals, and some areas I was having some issues in (mainly the whole kids question, do I want them/don't I? How to balance work with family life? How would taking over the company change all of the above equation). It just got to the point where I felt like I couldn't win no matter what....

So time to find a new person who can help me work on my goals. This also could take the form of a life coach/career coach. I had 1 session on my own and my dad and I for over a month with one, her schedule changed so it didn't work time wise, but I'm hoping her schedule changes back soon. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Toshimi said:

Yeah I think I need to add no instagram before bed either.

I just think I need to somewhat rethink my whole bedtime routine, and my getting up one for that matter as well. I feel like I've been putting stuff off that needs to be getting done. Mainly I can't think of the last time I washed my face before bed. There has been the occasional splash of water on my face but I feel like that doesn't count. Also need to get back into brushing and flossing, instead of just brushing. 

Tonight for sure, and hopefully tomorrow night, going to start getting ready for bed at 9. Should only take 10-15 mins to get ready ( I think?) Then I'd have time to listen to a whole Harry Potter and the Sacred Text podcast before bed. 

I also want to start getting up at 6 am again. I have been getting to work later and later. Thankfully I don't have a time I have to clock in by.  But it would also be nice to have a cup of tea before work and not be rushed getting in.

I have no answers to offer except that this is something I'm struggling with too. Like this whole thing. Being disciplined but also being delighted in the opportunities that discipline provides.

I'm not sure what the solution looks like for you, but I believe in your ability to find it. :)

• Like 1

*Venting post, just a warning*

So last night didn't quite go as planned... Wasn't in a great mood when I got home last night. Hubby was playing video games and didn't look like anything had been done around the house, which didn't help things either. And I know he sees how dirty things get, but it just doesn't occur to him to do anything about it. I've tried letting things go until he does something, lets just say that didn't end well, and he never did anything. 

Normally I try and let it go, but last night I just couldn't. his parents are coming into town today and even through we talked about what needed to get done before they showed up. I cooked dinner last night, poured a nice sized glass of wine, ate then got to doing what needed to be done. I did say something to him to remind him his parents were coming, and I got an "I know I know, I'll save at the next spot" About 2 hours later, I had both bathrooms cleaned, hallway swept, workout area picked up, Crafting room stacked better, and got the bedroom un plastic-ed from the last of the drywall repair. 

Did not get my workout in, did not even attempt any sort of a bedtime routine. Did listen to Harry Potter and the Sacred text while cleaning, 1 more chapter until I"m done with book 1, It's really making me want to go back and re read the series. I haven't since they came out. 

Good things though- out of the whole week last night was the best night sleep. I wonder if some of it is how messy the house has been. Counting down the days until the closet is finished and life can go back to normal(ish)

• Sad 2

I hear you on doing chores while your partner is playing games. Good for you getting the things done and feeling good about your living space. I wish I had advice for you on having the conversation about negotiating who does the work to keep the living space habitable and when. If you figure it out, let me know.

• Like 1

In law visit was good. We spent Friday walking around downtown LA, did the Broad museum, a scavenger hunt (3ish miles of walking just for that) and lunch. Also got to pick up the light and the fan for our bathroom & Bedroom. 

But then yesterday hit, and I'm realizing how crazy work is going to become. I took over another role (estimating) on top of running production, which since production has been super slow hasn't been bad. But with my production coordinator out until Monday, our office admin out a half day on Friday and my parents (aka the owners of the company) leave Friday for 1.5 weeks, I'm a little stressed out and brain fried. 

On top of just the I'm doing 3 jobs until next week (Then I'll at least be back to 2 jobs) one of my field staff left to help their family business in Montana last week, and looks like we're also going to be letting one of our other field staff go. There's some issues that have come up and we're trying to work on them but from what we've heard from all parties involved so far there's not much we can do. I'm not sure it's a bad thing, it's someone we've wondered for awhile if they are the right fit for our company. At the same time we're just picking up production and it sucks that this is the time everything is coming to a head. I do have another guy I could promote but I don't think we're going to be able to hire anyone else for awhile. I'm glad I don't have the know how to go out into the field because I know there would  have been the push for that if I did. 

I don't think I'm going to change much on the challenge- other than adding that at least 1 day on the weekend I'm not going to allow myself to work on work stuff. Going to talk with the NTP on Friday about what I can do to either do a large prep and freeze stuff or if there are any box delivery options that would work. Not going to slide back into eating out all the time. 

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

I hear you on doing chores while your partner is playing games. Good for you getting the things done and feeling good about your living space. I wish I had advice for you on having the conversation about negotiating who does the work to keep the living space habitable and when. If you figure it out, let me know.

My sister and her husband have a list of stuff they've worked out and it seems to work for them. They did it mainly based on what bugs who first. But that only works when someone is "bugged" by it not being done (this does not seem to happen with hubby) 

Super excited about the next quilt I'm going to do. Just trying to figure out what the plan is. Not sure if I'm going to do a standard 9 square, or if I'm going to do a disappearing 9 square. I know I"m going to do some bigger blocks with the Love you to the moon and back fabric, but still working it all out. The sheep and moons are the backing fabric. 

So it's been an interesting week, rather exhausting. I did mostly get to bed on time, I did not stay off video games after 8. One night I played until almost 10, the other one I was in bed by 9 still. 

Did some mobility this week, but not enough. Didn't get a work out in yet, but talked with hubby about doing the work outs with me for a  few weeks so hopefully i get in the habit some? 

The plan for this weekend. I'll be finishing up our closet and master suite. Not sure why this is a me job but it is what it is... Left to do is hang a door, case it, finish the painting of the walls that have 1 coat, do the vaulted ceiling in the bedroom, get the rest of the closet put together, and get everything put in the closet. This will probably extend into finishing up the bonus room. 

If everything goes as planned Saturday (and I get all of the above done) hopefully sunday will be measuring the front yard and finishing up that plan, and getting the garage cleaned up. Somewhat doubtful everything will get done with my current energy levels, but Hopefully with enough green it will be doable? 

Today is the NTP appointment, and hopefully a trip down to get the last pieces we need for this weekend. Work is slowing down finally a little. Hopefully next week wont be as crazy. My parents are both out but my coordinator will be back so glad about that. 

• Like 1

So appointment went well last night. Still reading through what she sent after the appointment.  This week I need to message my dr to see about some follow up testing, but I feel like we have a good path forward. Going to be trying quite a few supplements, but I'm willing to if it helps. No surprise but the biggest thing we're working on is how my body deals with sugar. Followed up by some possible adrenal issues and some other smaller issues.

I know the next week might be kind of sucky with the cutting a bunch of stuff out. I updated my workout goals in addition to the nutrition ones. I'm just going to try and get some movement, mostly walking done.

• Like 3

Sounds like you've gotten a lot of activity in with the house projects.

I'm glad your appointment went well. Cutting out sugar is a pain. I hope it goes as smoothly as possible and your work calms down.

• Like 1

I am glad you got in to see your doctor, and you have something to try.  endocrine/sugar issues can be very not fun.  I hope things get better soon.

• Like 1

Just a week since I saw the NTP. I think things are getting better? Still trying to figure out some dosages on things. I took my supplements almost every day, or at least got some of them each day. I have a hard time remembering the before food ones. Hopefully that gets better. So far not much I'm missing food wise, other than needing to find variety instead of grilled meet and 2 grilled veggies. Did green curry last night which was nice. I think I'm going to find some other stews and such that will change things up. 

It was an interesting weekend. Had lots of plans, most of which went by the wayside. Ended up at the ER Friday night with my Aunt. Was there until my Uncle arrived at 1:30 in the morning. Suffice to say it messed up my weekend, and still not feeling like I'm back to 100% from it. 

Did go through a bunch of stuff and got rid of a bunch instead of piling it in the closet. I still seem to be missing stuff, so hopefully i find another box soon? 

Hoping after hubby finishing his project tonight that will mean that I can start getting the crafting room together. Not super happy all the computer crap is ending up in the crafting room closet, but to be fair it's way more closet than I need. I just have a thing for cables going everywhere, and not tucked nicely. I know he's trying but some of the nature of what he's doing is there's just cables everywhere. I'm trying to figure out how to contain it and not overheat it. on a good note- means we ripped out everything in the closet and I get to reconfigure it exactly how I want it for crafting. 

for those who want more info on it it's in the spoiler

Spoiler

We just got through wiring the whole house for Ethernet cables. so all of that goes into a switch and patch cable mounted to the ceiling of the closet. Then there will be the power cable, 2 HDMI's and 1 of the Ethernet coming out of it and going back down to the bottom of the closet. The power of course is just outside of the closet so that will be fun to look at. The Ethernet cable is going to a secondary access point that at some point he might want to put on that side of the house (which is most likely unnecessary but whatever) The 2 HDMI cables will be going to the server/plex. Which I'm glad he rebuilt recently so it's actually square and looks better but its something like a 12U tall built with 2x4's on casters, so it's almost 30" tall. Basically it's just a lot of stuff that was supposed to end up in another room but running the cables would've been to hard. 

I did get the quilt cut out, but can't find what box the thread is in. Might break down and just go buy another spool. It's a color I use on almost all my quilts so it will get used. I feel like I need to get something creative done, if I cant find the thread I at least found my drop spindles, so I can work on that tonight while watching some Dragon Prince. 

My sympathy on the unexpected family support. Being in the ER is a strange mix of stressful and boring. Good for you being there for your Aunt.

Ah, the joys of having all your stuff packed up. I'll advocate for buying a new spool of thread. That will let you start in on the quilting project and guarantee that you'll find the box in the next few days. I've been doing drop spindle spinning too. It is nice to have a portable project.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mistr said:

Ah, the joys of having all your stuff packed up. I'll advocate for buying a new spool of thread. That will let you start in on the quilting project and guarantee that you'll find the box in the next few days. I've been doing drop spindle spinning too. It is nice to have a portable project.

I did end up going and getting thread, and more patterns, and some fabric... oh well it happens. Still have not located the thread box though, but even when I do it's a color I use all the time so it will be used. 

I have begun really working on the crafting space and cleaning it up. Even though I have all the things I have not really worked on it. I had tried setting up a table in the living room, which I had done many times at the old house. Just does not work well with the new house. Any extra tables means no ability to actually use the living room otherwise. Emptied 2 boxes and either tossed some of it or got it in some sort of a proper storage area. Not sure all the things will stay where they are now, but they have a home. I need to get the table cleared off that is set up in the room so the sewing machines can have a place to live, hopefully tonight. I have some curtains that I want to hang  over the window in that room, but need to hem the bottoms before I can. 

The sewing/crafting projects I want to do are stacking up. I need to figure out priorities, the baby quilt is first, but I think the other baby quilt can wait awhile. I have an apron I got fabric for over a year ago I still haven't sewn, I think that will be next. I also need to start thinking about Halloween and Christmas projects. I am hoping that we're hosting Christmas Eve at our house so it would be nice to have some decorations. 

Hubby and I are still butting heads some on the crafting closet that now has all the computer stuff... apparently I get even less of the closet than it takes up but I'm hoping my new plan will work out. He kept saying it all isn't very hot, but that room is now warming I think than most the other rooms in the house. Not a big deal now, we'll see how it is once its 100+ degrees out. 

Had my check in yesterday with my NTP. Over all she's happy with how I"m doing.  Making a few tweaks that will hopefully help more. Changing doses on one of the supplements, added another supplement. Going to go by the health food store and see if they have it in stock. Hopefully the new one will help me sleep better. I have been noticing I am feeling better. I'm supposed to start eating more too, not sure how I'm going to do this, but working on ways to up my fats and veggies. Tried a smoothie with coconut milk and peaches this morning, it did not turn out well and was kind of chunky. I don't think the fats ever properly mixed back into the milk (got one without any stabilizers, it's just coconut and water, but now I get why they put other things in). 

• Like 3

Yeah, I hope things work out as far as being able to get a space you can use for art. That stuff's important. Not that gaming isn't, but you should have some space too.

Been a little crazy at the end of this challenge. Work is finally ramping up, but we are having staffing issues. Means lots of time at the office. 

Food stuff is going well. overall has a pretty clear idea of what I"ll be doing next challenge. 

• Like 1

My sympathy on things being crazy at work. I've had some of that this week too.

Good for you on dealing well with food and figuring out your next goals. :D