• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Curl Brogo

Brogo Stops Being an @$$hole.

What's a 260 lbs warrior to do? Cut the bullshit and stop being an asshole

No more gluten free, paleo, eat only this, don't eat that... just don't eat like an asshole.

No more half-assed, unplanned workouts or making excuses to get out of them... just don't work out like an asshole.

No more not working and complaining about money problems... stop being a lazy asshole, and stop spending money like an asshole.

The big thing is I'm prioritizing getting more hours at work so I can not be stiffing bills and better yet saving up. I also want to get myself back to lifting regularly and properly. And frankly playing video games is the best way to unwind. So I'm going to "invest" some of this money into a gaming console so I can veg out and unwind at the end of long days, and while I wait for muscles to rebuild themselves. Then saving up so I can maybe "buy" a house in the next year or two.

So nerds... any thoughts on gaming consoles, games?

Goal 1: Don't eat like an asshole

Assholes:

Eat the whole pizza in one sitting.

Go an entire day without eating any fruit or vegetables.

Drink more than 2 beers by themselves for no reason.

Never say no to a dessert/sweet.

Do not prepare meals and wind up getting fast food when they end up getting hungry even though there is healthy food in the goddamn fridge.

Do all of this shit in a single day sometimes.

Non-Assholes:                                                                                                                    

Can stop eating pizza after two or three slices.

Will not only include fruits and vegetables in their diets, but make them a priority.

Drink no more than two beers, better yet only one beer, or save this treat for social occasions.

Refrain from desserts/sweets until a goal deserving of such a reward has been accomplished.

Prepare healthy meals in advance, and always prefer the healthy foods that are available.

Do not let one slip up snowball into a pile of fuck-it-itis.

Goal 2: Don't Exercise Like an Asshole

Assholes:

Have no specific goals

Don't follow programs and allow fuck-around-itis to rule their exercise time

Make excuses to skip workouts

Pay for gym memberships, but never go to the gym regularly

Non-Assholes:

Set goals, and choose lifts that help them meet those goals

Program their lifts and exercise routines sensibly

Stick to their Programs and workout as scheduled

Either use their gym membership or cancel it (I'm going to cancel, cuz I have the equipment I need at home)

Goal 3: Don't be a lazy asshole

Assholes:

Hit the snooze button five times, then reset their alarm an hour later then hit the snooze button five more times before finally getting up two hours after they set their alarm to go off originally.

Find excuses to leave work early, or not work the extra OT hours that pay.

Non-Assholes:

Get the fuck out of bed the first time the alarm goes off at 4 am so they can get to work around 5 am and put in a full day.

Keep working until they've maxed out for the day or hit at least 50 hours for the week.

Goal 4: Don't spend your hard earned money like an asshole

Assholes:

Waste money on junk food and booze.

Make impulse buys based on spur of the moment interests and don't shop around for ways to save money.

Don't budget.

Don't save.

Non-assholes:

Refrain from spending money on junk food and booze.

Take time to consider what they are buying, why they are buying it, and finding the best price.

Always check their budget.

Always save at least  a little.

• Like 10

First off. Welcome back fellow brawny nerd. 

4 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

So nerds... any thoughts on gaming consoles? I'm leaning toward Xbox One X. But PS4? Nintendo Switch?

IMO, ps4 has the better exclusives. But Xbox has the better controller for my meat paws. I'm a pc gamer, but if I were to get a console, it would be ps4. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Grumble said:

First off. Welcome back fellow brawny nerd. 

IMO, ps4 has the better exclusives. But Xbox has the better controller for my meat paws. I'm a pc gamer, but if I were to get a console, it would be ps4. 

I've been reading/watching similar comments in reviews of the different systems... although this is the first time I've heard the controller x meat paw argument. And I need to shop around for game titles and see what's out there. I'm mainly into RPGs, and usually platformer/adventure games, open world/exploration, puzzle solving.

Here's my breakdown so far:

PS4: Relatively inexpensive, good graphics but not true 4k, more exclusive titles (including Final Fantasy), fulfills a range of entertainment options

Xbox One X: More expensive, true 4k graphics, more powerful, has other entertainment options and also has Blu Ray capability

Nintendo: Relatively inexpensive, not very powerful, Zelda games

Gaming/Entertainment PC: Super expensive (even if I build my own), full range of entertainment options, not sure of titles, I can see building and keeping up on upgrades being a bit of a rabbit hole (lots and lots of decisions to make)....

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The circle is now complete, the warrior has returned.

Cuz I know the other warriors been...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raptron said:

PS4 is my preferred, but also do I even game, bruh? Everyone I know is loving their Switch life.

The only downside of the Switch is the small joycons. Us with large meaty hands have a disadvantage when game require fine motor skills (looking at you Celeste and Hollow Knight). 

I am also a PS4 enthusiast and I agree the exclusives are better. The best exclusives  I've played are:

Spider-Man

God of War

Uncharted 4

The Last Guardian 

Gravity Rush 1/2 

Persona 5 

Bloodborne (the reason I picked up a ps4) 

Horizon: Zero Dawn (this game is just in a class on its own and worth buying a ps4 pro for the amazing 4k graphics, seriously go watch some gifs/videos)

• Like 2

On 3/13/2019 at 3:18 PM, Curl Brogo said:

PS4: Relatively inexpensive, good graphics but not true 4k, more exclusive titles (including Final Fantasy), fulfills a range of entertainment options

Xbox One X: More expensive, true 4k graphics, more powerful, has other entertainment options and also has Blu Ray capability

Nintendo: Relatively inexpensive, not very powerful, Zelda games

Gaming/Entertainment PC: Super expensive (even if I build my own), full range of entertainment options, not sure of titles, I can see building and keeping up on upgrades being a bit of a rabbit hole (lots and lots of decisions to make)....

Stop slandering PC gaming like that! :P

Serious answer: PC gaming does not have to be super expensive. You do not have to upgrade all the time, it's not an arms race to keep up with The Joneses. That said, for a straight-forward and simple one-time expense, PC gaming is not ideal. If that's what you want, you'll want a console, and since you are buying it for gaming first and foremost, get the one that has the largest number of good exclusives.

4 hours ago, bigm141414 said:

I am also a PS4 enthusiast and I agree the exclusives are better. The best exclusives  I've played are:

Spider-Man

God of War

Uncharted 4

The Last Guardian 

Gravity Rush 1/2 

Persona 5 

Bloodborne (the reason I picked up a ps4) 

Horizon: Zero Dawn (this game is just in a class on its own and worth buying a ps4 pro for the amazing 4k graphics, seriously go watch some gifs/videos)

Like those.

And you forgot to mention the remastered The Last of Us, all the Dark Souls games, and all the other good PS3 exclusives that play on the PS4.

So tired. I got into work at 6 am (an hour late, cuz I woke up at 5 am). Then worked until 5 pm. I just ordered a pizza. As per not eating like an asshole, I'm going to try to not eat the whole thing... gotta save some for breakfast. XD

Ugh.

Now I'm leaning PS4.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

And you forgot to mention the remastered The Last of Us, all the Dark Souls games, and all the other good PS3 exclusives that play on the PS4.

Very true, but you can get the Souls games on PC and also the last of us is on xbox but maybe not the remastered version? 

Speaking of Soulsborne games, anyone else excited for Sekiro which comes out next week? It's been too long since From Software reminded me that i need to git gud. 

26 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

So tired. I got into work at 6 am (an hour late, cuz I woke up at 5 am). Then worked until 5 pm. I just ordered a pizza. As per not eating like an asshole, I'm going to try to not eat the whole thing... gotta save some for breakfast. XD

Cold pizza breakfast and coffee is what makes champions. So says my old college self. :)

26 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Now I'm leaning PS4.

One of us! One of us! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigm141414 said:

Very true, but you can get the Souls games on PC and also the last of us is on xbox but maybe not the remastered version? 

Speaking of Soulsborne games, anyone else excited for Sekiro which comes out next week? It's been too long since From Software reminded me that i need to git gud. 

Oh, true, good points. I keep thinking of them as exclusives because that's what they were when I bought them.

Sekiro has not grabbed me, but Husband is super-excited. I gave him a pre-order for Christmas. :) 

19 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Like those.

Also Kingdom Hearts 3.

I don't care. I will fight for this one.

• Like 2

I have to applaud this list of goals. Thanks to its frequent use of the word "asshole", it makes adulting seem appealing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I approve of the clarity and precision of this definition of arsehole behaviour. It also makes me feel totally virtuous because I haven't eaten an entire pizza for a long time, and because the list says nothing about red wine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I approve of the clarity and precision of this definition of arsehole behaviour. It also makes me feel totally virtuous because I haven't eaten an entire pizza for a long time, and because the list says nothing about red wine. 

Oh, these are excellent points. This means I am not an asshole either!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Gotta make sure I created a few loop-holes in this code of conduct so if I'm "having a day" I can pick up a couple bottles of <$10 champagne and get drunk without considering myself an asshole... you can all judge me, but this is my challenge.

• Like 6

On 3/13/2019 at 6:42 AM, Curl Brogo said:

Eat the whole pizza in one sitting.

Go an entire day without eating any fruit or vegetables.

Drink more than 2 beers by themselves for no reason.

Never say no to a dessert/sweet.

Do not prepare meals and wind up getting fast food when they end up getting hungry even though there is healthy food in the goddamn fridge.

Do all of this shit in a single day sometimes.

Bro, were you watching my normal day and taking notes to make that list?

Image result for rethink my life gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Bro, were you watching my normal day and taking notes to make that list?

Image result for rethink my life gif

Good to know I'm not struggling alone. The struggle is real.

giphy.gif

69537-Chow-Puppies-Are-The-Cutest-Things

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

My alarm went off at 4 am, but yeah, it's saturday so I'm still just waking up.

tenor.gif?itemid=9913341

I finished the rest of the pizza before 4, so it didn't even last 24 hours. HA!

I went to bed at 8 cuz tired AF, but tossed and turned until 10. I got up and ate a salad, hydrated, then finally I was able to sleep somewhere between 11 and 12.

I'm going to fast for the morning so my digestive system can catch up with all that damn pizza.

Then this afternoon I'll do a workout. I'm going to work on my clean and press see how high I can get it reasonably without hurting myself, then some sets of front squats, cleans, and presses.

So I think that will be the first workout in my program.

Tomorrow, I'll work on Dips and pullups and related accessories and see where that goes. That will be workout 2.

Then I think once or twice during the week I'll work with the KBs for conditioning and work on other accessory lifts. Just quick workouts to keep the momentum going during the busy week with long work hours.

There are still many hours of entertainment to be had catching up on classic SNES RPGs so before today's workout, while fasting and drinking coffee, I'll be playing Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals on my PC through an emulator.

giphy.gif

• Like 8