• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Curl Brogo

Brogo Stops Being an @$$hole.

8 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Outstanding game choice.

It's unfortunate the height of SNES RPGs I was into Mortal Kombat on the Sega Genesis. What was I thinking? Anyway, catching up now (seriously, has it been 20+ years). <sighing like an old, old man>

I just got through the wedding + baby scenes... :/

Now we're back in the action.

tumblr_pogzb0JdQy1ugai4oo1_540.png

Edits/updates in bold.

Thus, far:

Clean and Press:

65# 3

85# 3

95# 3, 3, 5, 5

Chicken Fajita Buns Eaten: 3 5

Naps taken: 1

I'm still kinda an asshole.

• Like 6

Well, I reached level 99 in the ancient dungeon... I amassed over 5,000,000 gold, got the Iris Pot and Iris Tiara, reached level 82, then you fight a jelly and you go back to wherever you were before... this reminds me of my fitness journey.

Speaking of, I also did some Dips and Yates rows today.

Dips: 3, 3, 2

Rows: 95# 12, 115# 12, 11, 10

• Like 4

On 3/16/2019 at 10:33 AM, Curl Brogo said:

Chicken Fajita Buns Eaten: 3 5

Naps taken: 1

This sounds nice. Is it really so bad being an arsehole?  Actually, I can probably answer that. I ate five pieces of pizza yesterday after trying really hard to eat 4. The extra satisfaction from that last slice (which had gone cold in the period during which I attempted to resist... it's actually quite difficult when you have to sit at the table in a social setting for another hour or so instead of clearing plates away immediately) did not last long.

16 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Well, I reached level 99 in the ancient dungeon... I amassed over 5,000,000 gold, got the Iris Pot and Iris Tiara, reached level 82, then you fight a jelly and you go back to wherever you were before... this reminds me of my fitness journey.

What's next?

16 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Speaking of, I also did some Dips and Yates rows today.

Dips: 3, 3, 2

Rows: 95# 12, 115# 12, 11, 10

Any particular reason for the Yates row?

7 hours ago, Harriet said:

This sounds nice. Is it really so bad being an arsehole?  Actually, I can probably answer that. I ate five pieces of pizza yesterday after trying really hard to eat 4. The extra satisfaction from that last slice (which had gone cold in the period during which I attempted to resist... it's actually quite difficult when you have to sit at the table in a social setting for another hour or so instead of clearing plates away immediately) did not last long.

Nap? Honestly it was just a dumb food coma.

Being called an asshole is insulting or sometimes awakening. But, just being an asshole is super fun, though the consequences are usually not.

Maybe if you were more of an arsehole you would get to enjoy a hot (5th) slice of pizza.

giphy.gif

"A" is for asshole (or arshole)

5 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

HIIII!!!!

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Grumble said:

What's next?

Any particular reason for the Yates row?

Re: Next... not sure if you mean in the game, or the next game, or my fitness journey. Respectively:

The ancient dungeon is an epic sidequest in Lufia II. You start this dungeon from Level 1, with no items, weapons, or spells. Each floor is randomly generated, random rooms, enemies, and treasure chests, so you have to use what random shit you're given the best you can. As you go farther down, the monsters get progressively harder. There are 99 total. When you leave, can keep only a few items that you find in blue chests. But your levels, money, and everything else you gain get wiped and you go back to where you were.

Star Ocean... maybe.

Fuck if I know. Just trying to build a routine to get stronger and not get fatter.

Yates rows... Idk... Lat activation... they're weird, somehow even though being more upright, they hit my lats better than Pendlay rows... also, I just didn't feel like doing negative chinups.

• Like 1

Spent my Monday fighting the urge to be a total asshole.

First off, I didn't get up until 5 am. Then rushed out the door skipping breakfast entirely... had my 32 oz to go mug of coffee tho. Got to work around 6.

Spent the first couple hours troubleshooting the job I'm working on, making orthopedic screws on a Swiss lathe. Solved with help from my senior associate. Then as lunch time (11 am - 1pm, when we can take that break) approached, I fought back the hunger from skipping breakfast, rather than give up and go get fast food (which would mean spending extra money, taking a longer break, and eating shit food) I held out until 12:45, just got a small bag of chips from the vending machine and sat in my car for a few minutes. So fifteen minute lunch break, not too many calories, little money spent.

Then, fought the urge to leave a little early. I stayed until 4 pm, getting almost 10 hours on the clock.

Then I went grocery shopping so I would be prepared with food for actual breakfast and lunch meals. I bought some low carb breakfast sandwiches (sausage and cheese between two egg fritatas, yummy) and some lunch meat, and a sampler box of the mini Pringles cans (I left those in the car so I don't snack on them while playing video games). Those aren't the best foods, but it's all quick and better than Burger King. Had to fight the urge to bring a frozen pizza (in which case I'd certainly eat the whole thing like an asshole) or some other nonsense from the grocery store. However, for a quick dinner treat I got some cheese tortellini and made those with some of the chicken breasts I have in the fridge. Also, salad.

Also, pork shoulders were $1.79/lb. so I bought two 8+ lbs. shoulders, seasoned one and put it in the crock in the fridge, and froze the other. I'll fire up the crock pot as I leave for work tomorrow. Then I'll be coming home around 12 hours later to a vat of pulled pork.

Right now I'm finishing up my day with a Moscow Mule. I just have to make sure I get the coffee pot set to brew for tomorrow morning.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

some low carb breakfast sandwiches (sausage and cheese between two egg fritatas, yummy)

I think I've had those. If it's the ones I remember, they were kind of messy to microwave-cook, but very tasty. I don't normally like egg fritatas.

• Like 1

mmmmmm pulled pork! enjoy!

also the frozen pizzas i come across in the store are way less calorie dense than the local pizza shop. but chicken cheese tortellini is also wonderful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CourtnieMarie said:

also the frozen pizzas i come across in the store are way less calorie dense than the local pizza shop.

But the local pizza shop is made with love and grease.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

ALL THE LOVE! oh yeah definitely. i was just saying you're going to get less energy from a whole pizza shop pizza than a whole frozen pizza.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Because love is fat soluble, so you can absorb it better in grease. :D 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope you have fun making Swedish screws. 

If these jokes get anymore inside, they're gonna create a blackhole.

21 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Next... not sure if you mean in the game, or the next game, or my fitness journey.

It was intentionally vague.

But I would recommend Chrono Trigger if you haven't had that particular joy yet.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I think I've had those. If it's the ones I remember, they were kind of messy to microwave-cook, but very tasty. I don't normally like egg fritatas.

Jimmy Dean FTW! And, yeah, a bunch of the melted cheese usually sticks to the inside of the plastic bubble they come, but they're still good. The trick is not to overcook them.

6 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

mmmmmm pulled pork! enjoy!

also the frozen pizzas i come across in the store are way less calorie dense than the local pizza shop. but chicken cheese tortellini is also wonderful.

Kalua pig FTW!

6 hours ago, raptron said:

Because love is fat soluble, so you can absorb it better in grease. :D 

QFT.

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope you have fun making Swedish screws. 

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

If these jokes get anymore inside, they're gonna create a blackhole.

Not sure I get it either, but I'll be damned if I'm controlling the dimensions on these thing to within +/- .005" if all they do is hold Ikea furniture together.

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

It was intentionally vague.

But I would recommend Chrono Trigger if you haven't had that particular joy yet.

Chrono Trigger is probably tied with Zelda:ALTTP as my fav 16-bit RPG. I actually interrupted my 3rd or 4th time playing through it to start Lufia II because I felt like I needed something new.

1 minute ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

TBH there was no specific joke intended. I just wanted to say "Swedish Screws" and let everyone's imagination do the rest of the work.

1. Never explain the joke. Let us stew.

2. I just assumed he had mediocre furniture.

• Like 2

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." -- E.B. White

Also, Switzerland and Sweden are very different countries.

image.png.f59c864588cbe1f4a15942e831e923a4.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

TBH there was no specific joke intended. I just wanted to say "Swedish Screws" and let everyone's imagination do the rest of the work.

I never really did believe that you were trying to make jokes about my sex life. It just didn't make sense.

20 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Also, Switzerland and Sweden are very different countries.

image.png.f59c864588cbe1f4a15942e831e923a4.png

Because of that too.

• Like 1

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

After 4 drinks I’m unable to not be an asshole too.

I'll I still get up a 4 am.

It'll probably be to vomit, but I'll be up.

• Haha 2

i hope you didn't vomit!! 4 moscow mules isn't so bad... well at the bar where they measure the amount of vodka. at home is another story (when it's usually 50/50 ;))

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i hope you didn't vomit!! 4 moscow mules isn't so bad... well at the bar where they measure the amount of vodka. at home is another story (when it's usually 50/50 ;))

The homepour (dis)advantage. ;) 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i hope you didn't vomit!! 4 moscow mules isn't so bad... well at the bar where they measure the amount of vodka.

1. Order one Moscow Mule.

2. Order two shots of vodka on the side, and a spoon.

3. Use the spoon to fish out at least half the ice in the glass.

4. Fill the ice-less void with the vodka shots.

5. :very_drunk:

:)

• Haha 3