• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Curl Brogo

Brogo Stops Being an @$$hole.

1 minute ago, Grumble said:

You missed the opportunity to give peas a chance. I'm disappointed in you.

Yes, but this discussion was about kale, not the other veggie I prepped for the week!

give-peas-a-chance-big.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grumble said:

Roses are red

Marinara is too

I've got a large pizza

And none if its for you.

Bacon is pink
Steak it is red

Sausage in links

Let us be fed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, scalyfreak said:

Rose is a wine

Pizza needs beer

Vodka with lime

Weekend is near

:)

Without the é, its not.

• Like 1

The pizza is gone.

Tonight I eat potatoes,

pork, and sauerkraut.

I felt we needed at least one Nom Haiku.

I went to the grocery store today after work. Those fuckers had frozen pizzas on sale for $2 each. Despite that I walked out with zero pizza foods. I got some of the breakfast sandwiches. The non-asshole thing to do is not eat them all over the weekend. Wish me luck. Other than that I got some lettuce, soymilk, mandarins... then I went looking for Negroni ingredients... but no Campari at the grocery store. I went to the liquor store, and non there, but they're ordering me a bottle for next week. That will be my reward once I hit 40 hours. No more dranks till then so I can manage damage control from this week's asshole rampage.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Without the é, its not.

I blame my work keyboard and the lack of international key layouts for that one.

Just now, scalyfreak said:

I blame my work keyboard and the lack of international key layouts for that one.

hold the alt key and type 130 or 0233

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't you mean Finé?

Roses are red

Bacon is good

Bacon bacon bacon,

Bacon bacon,

Bacon.

This reminds one of a certain skit about spam. 

• Like 2

Weekend Recap:

Friday... Dranks! -- Yeah I know. Asshole... But... One of my neighbors' wife died from cancer so I got together with some of the other neighbors and we drank. I made an exception for this. We gotta suppress feels and all.

Saturday... was my birthday, 35, WTF is that... hungover... played guitar all day... learned 'All of Me' an old jazz standard... cuz I'm doing that now, learning jazz on the guitar. I figured this is a cheaper and more productive way to kill the short window of time that passes between work and sleep than video games. It's better for the brain and it's always good to be able to show up at a party with a guitar and play a few songs.

Sunday... birthday/family dinner. Lasagna, arguing politics with my step family, too much coffee, cheese cake which always disappoints me... I did hit the veggie tray and salad pretty hard before hitting the lasagna and cheese cake hard. Then I got about 1 hour of sleep, cuz too much coffee.

Today: work, only 9-ish hours, but I can go hard tomorrow and catch up. Leftover lasagna and Negronis (the liquor store called and they got the Campari in already, and fuck it, remember how I only got 1 hour of sleep).

Ugh...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Weekend Recap:

Friday... Dranks! -- Yeah I know. Asshole... But... One of my neighbors' wife died from cancer so I got together with some of the other neighbors and we drank. I made an exception for this. We gotta suppress feels and all.

This was my saturday. I somehow ended up with 4 grolwers of beer.

Saturday... was my birthday, 35, WTF is that... hungover... played guitar all day... learned 'All of Me' an old jazz standard... cuz I'm doing that now, learning jazz on the guitar. I figured this is a cheaper and more productive way to kill the short window of time that passes between work and sleep than video games. It's better for the brain and it's always good to be able to show up at a party with a guitar and play a few songs.

Sunday... birthday/family dinner. Lasagna, arguing politics with my step family, too much coffee, cheese cake which always disappoints me... I did hit the veggie tray and salad pretty hard before hitting the lasagna and cheese cake hard. Then I got about 1 hour of sleep, cuz too much coffee.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY you fancy bastard.

Today: work, only 9-ish hours, but I can go hard tomorrow and catch up. Leftover lasagna and Negronis (the liquor store called and they got the Campari in already, and fuck it, remember how I only got 1 hour of sleep).

Ugh...

That's not how sleep works. Remember, you're not being an asshole.

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

Saturday... was my birthday, 35, WTF is that...

Many happy returns! And I agree with Grumble, you can't go hard on sleep. I mean, you could try really intensely, but if you succeed you'll be unconscious and no longer able to apply yourself quite as hard. Unless you just mean you're going to sleep for 15 hours, in which case, I approve. 

I think I should start typing up complete sentences. Not just... ya know... sentence fragments interspersed with elipses...

Last night, I only got 1 hour of sleep. Yes, there really is no way to get good at sleep other than practice good sleep hygiene generally (like not drinking 2 giant mugs of my Mom's super, ridiculously strong coffee the mid-to-late afternoon).

And, I left out details because I am super tired. I finally started falling asleep around 3 am. I get up at 4 (I tried to this morning). I reset the alarm for 4:30. Then after it went off I fell back to 

sleep

for two hours. I didn't make it in to work until 7:30 (my goal is to be there between 5-5:30). BUT, I set a goal of making 100 parts for the day, and I stayed until 4:30 pm to get some extra time on the clock, even though I really wanted to leave at 3:30 pm.

I wasn't supposed to drink until I hit 40 hours on the clock for the week. But, since I...

I'm babbling. I'm tired.

Tonight I'm gonna sleep harder.

• Like 6

Happy birthday!

13 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

go hard

11 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

sleep harder.

This sounds like the makings of a more subdued Bruce Willis-esque movie series :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Happy birthday!

This sounds like the makings of a more subdued Bruce Willis-esque movie series :P 

Thanks... as he ages he'll have to tone it down a bit.

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Happy Birthday. Go to bed.

That way this isn't you

anyway-heres-wonderwall-great-10158675.p

Thanks... Anytime I try to hum the melody to Wonderwall or Champagne Supernova I quickly interchange them.

4 hours ago, raptron said:

Happy belated!

Get that sleep, bro.

Thanks... and I barely did. But I did better last night, and got up before 5 at least.

And overall I'm feeling pretty good the past couple of days. The extra gravity I was experiencing thanks to last week's pizza has lessened. Also, these Negronis have been cheering me up quite a bit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curl Brogo said:

Coming to Theatres:

Drink Hard, Sleep Harder

Starring: Bruce Willis and Curl Brogo

Directed by: Michael Bay

Soundtrack: Hans Zimmer

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Soundtrack: Hans Zimmer

Clearly the top grossing movie of 2025.

I'm not sure if I've now drank 4 or 5 Negronis. But I will sleep now. 

I will post first thing in the morning just to prove I can drink that many and not fuck up my morning....

Also,  what am I doing?

4 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

I will post first thing in the morning just to prove I can drink that many and not fuck up my morning....

How did it go?