RogueLibrarian enters the 36th Chamber

24 minutes ago, karinajean said:

your character sheet is pretty amazing, I wouldn't sweat it. 

Never leave. <3

what in particular is the side kick thing that is giving you hassle? I'm just so curious about it, and the learning process.

I think it's more my physical limitations than anything else. My hips are not flexible, and this isn't a move we've ever done much of in kickboxing class, the kicking out 90 degrees to the side. My gold belt kata form has a right-leg side kick in it, and I'm noticeably more able to do it well on that side just from doing form practice. Round kicks, I can do all day*, but I've been doing those for three years in kickboxing. So I have hope that it'll come. 

ALSO, did you encourage kids to beat up each other? because that counts as good times too. 

Oh man, I wish I had thought of that. It was more of a technique class. I don't think they'll let us spar with the kids. I can hope.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:22 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Oooh, exciting!  Perfect timing now that you are feeling more up to speed :) 

Well, less than perfect in that I'm leaving town for 5 days, but yeah, I will be ready to try it next week. One of my class buddies saw me picking up my gear last night and was like "Are you coming to sparring tomorrow? Are you coming to sparring tomorrow?" I said dude, I have to buy groceries and stuff too. I promise I'm coming next week.

13 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

tenor.gif

BUTT KICKING TIME!

Almost! I promise I'll report back. I'll probably go next Thursday.

Today, I'm going to try to get to the work gym for some kind of activity break this afternoon if I can. Tomorrow I'm making a point to get to karate class after work even though I then have to scurry home and pack and get to bed for an early flight.

*I cannot actually do round kicks all day

tumblr_pnek9kq5Gq1ui1aqjo1_400.gif

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

In highly unfair news:

Ms. Rogue, who does not care about Game of Thrones even one percent, but who works in television, just posted that they have set up an Iron Throne at her workplace and put up a photo of herself looking like HBIC Cersei sitting on it.

I'm hoping it'll be there for a couple of weeks and I can nip over for lunch one day after our trip.

• Like 2

"We can be heroes"

Level 13 Assassin | climbing | meditating | running | writing | bodyweight training | kickboxing | Backyard gym project

Current Challenge39 | 38 | 37 | 36 | 35 | 34 | 33 | 32 | 31 | 30 | 29 | 28 | 27 | 26 | 25 | 24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 1716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

Ms. Rogue, who does not care about Game of Thrones even one percent, but who works in television, just posted that they have set up an Iron Throne at her workplace and put up a photo of herself looking like HBIC Cersei sitting on it.

Aah con memories! Except that I went more for a sneaky Gollum look than Cersei. :lol:

"We can be heroes"