• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl's Challenge

Another sunny gorgeous day. My friend who walks with me is out of town though. And no one else in my Wednesday group likes walking (or at least walking with me):frown-new: I like walking by myself,, but it just seemed like such a perfect day, I wish I had more friends who wanted to walk with me.

Did my workout, tracked on MFP, ate slow, actually ate lunch on the front porch in the sunshine.

Monday and Wednesday workout

3/18/19

Joint mobility

2 rounds of warm up + goblet squats

20 minutes  finished 5 rounds + rows and push up

Rows 10 per side first 2 rounds 20 # then dropped down to 15#

Knee push ups 10

Kb squats 10# and 15#

Superset 2 rounds

20 # single leg lift , pole assisted

30 sec, and then 45 sec shoulder tap plank (first time I’ve done this and it was hard)

I dropped down from 20# to 15# as I was feeling smoked, I could have taken more breaks though, I didn’t know how the pacing would work. Still, I think I will do 15#. The easier weight with that much volume seems to be the key

Forward fold stretch, hamstring stretch

3/20/19

Wednesday strength

Warm up

Superset 5 x5 deadlift 30# and 35# RPE 6 push up half, some knee 90 sec . rest between sets

2 sets of 50ft walking lunge

Pull up 5 x5 start with a half, then 3 min push up (from just below the bar) then a negative- Remember to go slow on the negative- I rushed through a few

Swings did 20# my nose was stuffed up from allergies so I did a light weight I could do without getting out of breath too much 30 sec on/ 30 sec rest 

• Like 10

Sounds like everything is going great! Keep it up. 

14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Remember to go slow on the negative- I rushed through a few

Haha! I always think that same thing after doing negatives. 

53 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

Sounds like everything is going great! Keep it up. 

Haha! I always think that same thing after doing negatives. 

Yep, that's when I thought of it too. Maybe my making a note of it will help me to remember next time. Maybe

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Another sunny gorgeous day. My friend who walks with me is out of town though. And no one else in my Wednesday group likes walking (or at least walking with me):frown-new: I like walking by myself,, but it just seemed like such a perfect day, I wish I had more friends who wanted to walk with me.

I've been walking by myself for so long, I think it might feel weird walking with someone haha. I do recall having walks as a kid though. My Mom and a few friends  would head out for a night walk. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, Tateman said:

I've been walking by myself for so long, I think it might feel weird walking with someone haha. I do recall having walks as a kid though. My Mom and a few friends  would head out for a night walk. 

I do most of my walking alone. But on Wednesdays , my friend walks with me sometimes, and  she wasn't there. I think I just missed her

20 hours ago, Hiroro said:

Reading your workouts made me want to get back to the gym for some kettlebell work :P

Glad you're getting some nice weather!

kettlebell work can be so fun

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Allergies.. I feel for you. Still nice that it's so sunny though!

Yeah, I will deal with the allergies , if it means it is sunny

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

What great workouts! You're doing awesome :) 

thanks

• Like 1

I guestimate MFP  yesterday, but I think I did alright. Went out to eat with extended family at a diner. I had chicken breast  with avocado and bacon, and some iceberg salad with a bit of dressing. I made a decision that will hopefully help. I am going to treat going out at normal restaurants the same as I do at home, trying to stay in MFP, eating slow, stopping when I feel full. If it is a special restaurant, or a special meal (birthday) then I can treat it more as a treat meal. Maybe eating a bit more than I normally do, an not worrying about calorie counts. That will let me have special treats that I can look forward to, but not derail my deficit plans. Usually restaurants have some good basic meat and veggies, that I can choose from.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I made a decision that will hopefully help. I am going to treat going out at normal restaurants the same as I do at home, trying to stay in MFP, eating slow, stopping when I feel full. If it is a special restaurant, or a special meal (birthday) then I can treat it more as a treat meal. Maybe eating a bit more than I normally do, an not worrying about calorie counts. That will let me have special treats that I can look forward to, but not derail my deficit plans. Usually restaurants have some good basic meat and veggies, that I can choose from.  

Smart. Planning so changes in your environment don't create changes in your healthy habits.

Your workouts always sound fun whether you are doing kettlebells or parallettes.  I think it is your focus on form and the small differences for each session.  It makes it come across as play instead of a chore. :) 

• Like 1