• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

squeakyvalkyrie

new challenger: squeakyvalkyrie

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

I am a longtime NF reader and I joined the Academy last year. I am going to start doing the challenges here to help me track my goals and progress. I am an adventurer, my main goal to be able to take whatever path I find or what ever quest finds me without worrying about my body being able to take it. To do so, I need to lose some weight and get stronger. I know that to do this I need to get my eating under control (currently NF nutrition level 5) and workout more (beginner bodyweight workout 3x a week, level 3 in the Academy workouts). To help me progress, I have decided on these challenges:

 

Diet

  • Drink one 16oz water bottle every day
  • *UPDATED* Intermittent Fasting from 7pm  to 11am weedays

 

Fitness

  • Not miss one bodyweight workout (5:30am, Monday, Wednesday and Friday)

 

Life

  • Meditate 5 minutes every day
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, I like the simplicity of your challenge!

Welcome to the rebellion! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice goals! They look extremely attainable. 

 

Do you have experience intermittent fasting? I just know from experience I couldn't even do an 8 hour fast while awake until I had been fat-adapted (I did keto for several months last year) for at least a month. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am practicing my challenges this week, today is killer. Not enough sleep last night lead to too many snoozes on my alarm, a half-assed workout with no time for a cooldown. Also, it is my fasting day and all I can think about is food!!!! I'm so glad that today is my short day at work so at 11am I can go home, nap and restart my day. Zucchini lasagna for dinner and I am very, very excited about it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

a half-assed workout with no time for a cooldown

 

Yes but, you still worked out.  :encouragement:

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weekend was good for my goals! Made it through my fast on Friday and the zucchini lasagna was amazing. Pasta is my downfall, so it is exciting to find an alternative. D&D on Saturday, drank lots of water and got some good mental health time with friends. Sunday was a big hilly hike with my partner and the doggos. It wiped us out, but was totally worth it!

 

Did my workout this morning, first time I have successfully gotten out of bed on a Monday to workout! I left my waterbottle at home, but my tea mug is about 16oz, so I will make sure I fill it up with water instead of just tea.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drank all the water, much more than 16oz. 

 

Sat and tried to meditate, but was told that snuggles were required. I still tried to calm my brain for 5 minutes so I count that as a win.

20190318_174103.jpg

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is my rest day, but to keep continuity I still got up at the same time as workout days. I am still sore from the hike on Sunday, so I worked through the NF yoga video. I am considering purchasing the whole program, I really liked the first workout.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Welcome to the Rebellion! I am so excited to see new Adventurer's (in before the Rangers try to steal you)!

 

I do love that your challenge is set up in a way to make it challenging, but easy enough to complete it. Baby steps are totally the way to go. I'm following along to see you rock this challenge. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Yay! Welcome to the Rebellion! I am so excited to see new Adventurer's (in before the Rangers try to steal you)!

 

I do love that your challenge is set up in a way to make it challenging, but easy enough to complete it. Baby steps are totally the way to go. I'm following along to see you rock this challenge. 

 

I am training to be fit to be the Doctor's Companion in cased the opportunity arises. That's an adventurer through and through.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Drank all the water, much more than 16oz. 

 

Sat and tried to meditate, but was told that snuggles were required. I still tried to calm my brain for 5 minutes so I count that as a win.

20190318_174103.jpg

 

Sounds like you made the right choice.  My kitty WUVS to meditate with me, and she is much better at it than I am.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

 

I am training to be fit to be the Doctor's Companion in cased the opportunity arises. That's an adventurer through and through.

Excellent big why right there. ;)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I crushed my workout this morning, even though I was exhausted. I NEED to go to bed earlier! Pushed harder on every one of my exercises, I even got to the point that I need to up the weights on my dumbbell rows. I'm dreaming of turning part of my shed into a home gym, pullup bar, barbell, squat rack, bench, tv for yoga videos... 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Still have a fuzzy meditation partner, but I better resisted being distracted by her need for petting. 

 

My fuzzy partner, better known as Happy Sidekick, loves to participate in yoga and meditation. We've now worked out a system where I sit down to meditate in my chair, and Sidekick curls up at my feet and mediates with me. (She uses an unusual mantra that sounds a lot like snoring.) Of course we make sure she receives a lot of cuddling right before and right after the meditation. :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scalyfreak said:

 

My fuzzy partner, better known as Happy Sidekick, loves to participate in yoga and meditation. We've now worked out a system where I sit down to meditate in my chair, and Sidekick curls up at my feet and mediates with me. (She uses an unusual mantra that sounds a lot like snoring.) Of course we make sure she receives a lot of cuddling right before and right after the meditation. :) 

 

@scalyfreak  What a coincidence!  I have the same mantra as Sidekick on some days.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drank enough water. I'm finding that task easier and easier and beginning to get a better grasp of the difference between feeling hungry and just being thirsty. My alcohol consumption has also gone down as I reach for water before I think of having a beer.

 

I didn't carve aside time specifically for meditation yesterday, but I did take some time to sit and reflect as I worked on some projects. I'm going to count that as a half.

 

In other news, I got a new scale that does body fat percentage. I know these are widely inaccurate, but it is another metric with which I can hope to see progress.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Drank enough water. I'm finding that task easier and easier and beginning to get a better grasp of the difference between feeling hungry and just being thirsty. My alcohol consumption has also gone down as I reach for water before I think of having a beer.

that's awesome! I'm finding the same, its actually much easier to drink a lot of water than people think

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

In other news, I got a new scale that does body fat percentage. I know these are widely inaccurate, but it is another metric with which I can hope to see progress.

 

Inaccurate or not, you are totally right with using it as a metric (I do the same thing).

 

I will say though, your hydration level will play a part in the body fat % number. The only reason I'm bringing this up is to make sure you keep hydration consistent when you use it (so if you ate a ton of salt or had alcohol the night before, you might want to wait an extra day).

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now