• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Doe

Get back to basics. Doe needs a routine.

Day 10

Fluids after Meals:  Yep  7/9
Water Intake: 48/48 oz Goal Met
No electronics/Bed: Nope. 
Exercise: none  60
/300

Day 11

Fluids after Meals:  Yep  8/10
Water Intake: 50/48 oz Goal Met
No electronics/Bed: Nope on electronics, was out late. Hit bedtime 
Exercise: 10 minute walk. Stretching/Squats  75
/300

It's been a very busy week again.  I was in SF for an energy modelling training. It was an intensive 16 hours worth of training in 2 days.  I learned so much though. Very excited about implementing in my work.

Because I was in Reno, then SF all day for two days I haven't had much time for meal prep and ate out alot this week.  Still did pretty good on food. Been trying to track my food on MFP with moderate success.  Years of cooking and dieting, has me tending to overestimate portion size when I'm not sure. Couldn't find anything to do after my training and before the show I went to, so I walked around instead and hit my step goal.   Wrapped up Thursday at In-N-Out with my bf and his mom.  My go to is Double Meat, Single Cheese, Protien Style with Mustard instead of spread.  So Delicious  

• Like 1

Day 12

Fluids after Meals:  Yep  9 for 11 
No electronics/Bed: Yes, finally!!!  
Exercise: 20 minutes on the elliptical, about 40 minutes of strength training/stretching  135
/300

Day 13

Fluids after Meals:  Was at a party, drink during dinner 9/12
Water Intake: 32/48 oz Goal not met
No electronics/Bed: Out late used electronics but in bed by 1am. I'm
Exercise: Dance practice 12:15-2:45, probably 2hours of actual dancing/stretching 255
/300

I'm starting to fall asleep more naturally between midnite and 2am.  Still wake up at least once around 4am.

I need to wash and braid my hair today but I'd like to hit this exericse goal of 45 minutes more. Gonna give it my best shot.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 8:09 PM, Cheetah said:

Sounds like things are going pretty well.  Keep up the good work!

7 hours ago, Tova the Vibrant said:

You've been doing a fab job, even with your training! 

On 4/2/2019 at 9:48 AM, GoodDoug said:

Keep going strong!

Thanks y'all. I really appreciate the encouragement.  

Day 14

Fluids after Meals:  Yes  10/14
No electronics/Bed: Made it to bed
Exercise: 10 minutes of bodyweight exercise  265
/300

Week 3 Begins

Day 15 

Fluids after Meals:  No 10/15
Water Intake: +48/48 oz Goal exceeded, lost count
No electronics/Bed: Out late used electronics but in bed by 1am. I
Exercise: No 0
/300

Day 16

Fluids after Meals:  Yes 11/16
Water Intake: +48/48 oz Goal met
No electronics/Bed: Stopped electronics around midnite, fell asleep sometime after
Exercise: Yes, resistance and bodyweight 15
/300

While I'm very proud of the progress I'm making with drinking more water and getting better sleep,  the scale has not budged. Somedays  it's 288, next day it's 282. one day it was 279. But Monday it was back to 288. Our scale is a little weird, I bought a new one but of course I can't find it right now.  My housecleaner has a way of moving things in the bathroom/kitchen so they get mixed up oddly. Kitchen and bath is all they clean, once  a month.  

I did start logging my food and realized I was eatin way too many calories. 1200-1800 calories is my wiggle room, being short is annoying. lol. Those night time calories being the worst.  Hadn't had time to meal prep for the past two week, doing some this week so that should help.    Also continuing to increase the time and intensity of exercise.  

Today's breakfast was my periodical reminder why I can't go keto (besides that being unsustainable for my life). Bought sous vide pork belly from costco and heated up a slice to go with my plaintains and salad(lettuce, mango salsa, tomatoes).  Overindulged a bit much on the fatty part and my stomach felt weird for a bit. WLS means fatty foods will do things like that.  Though I admit, I've stayed full much longer than when only having lean protein. Maybe I can find some fats that agree with me more that have less salt for regular basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doe said:

Maybe I can find some fats that agree with me more that have less salt for regular basis.

I'm a big fan of eggs.  :-)

• Like 1

Day 16

Fluids after Meals:  No 12/16
Water Intake: +48/48oz Goal exceeded
No electronics/Bed: Yes
Exercise: 32:00 cardio (cycling/elliptical) ~30 minutes strength training 77
/300

Day 17

Fluids after Meals:  Yes 13/17
Water Intake: 18/48 oz Goal not met
No electronics/Bed: Nope, got in late. Went to bed around 1:30am sans electronics
Exercise: Nope 77
/300

No idea why I drank so little water yesterday. Maybe excitement over seeing Hamilton last night?  It was fantastic.

Realizing that if I worked out a bit in the morning, I would be further along. But I am so not a morning person.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2019 at 5:46 PM, Cheetah said:

I'm a big fan of eggs.  :-)

I ended up steaminga batch of "boiled eggs" that day

• Like 1

Oh goodness, I've fallen behind on posting

Day 17

Fluids after Meals:  Yes 13/17
Water Intake: +48/48oz Goal exceeded
Exercise: 30:00 cardio (cycling) ~30 minutes strength training 137
/300

Day 18

Fluids after Meals:  No 13/18
Water Intake: +48/48 oz Goal exceeded
No electronics/Bed: Kinda, no electronics after 12. bed by 1
Exercise: Dance Practice ~90 of dance (227
/300)

Day 19

Fluids after Meals:  No 14/19
Water Intake: 32/48 oz Goal not Met
Exercise: Bodyweight exercise 20 (247
/300)

...Note to self, Next time I'll track by week # day # because I got a little confused. haha.

I did a lot of socializing this weekend and that lead to me drinking fluids while I was eating.  

• Like 1

Day 20 Monday

Fluids after Meals:  Yes. 14/20
No electronics/Bed:  no electronics after 12. bed by 1
Exercise: 20 minutes bodyweight (20
/300)

Day21 Tuesday

Fluids after Meals:  No 14/21
No electronics/Bed:  no 
Exercise: No (20
/300)

Work has been very stressful this week. I got a last minute request that I thought was small and it got real big on me. Remember that productivity book I read earlier?  I think they had a good point about disabling slack/email during the work day. I'm wayyy more productive.  Being one of the few engineers (by title) in my dept and having ADHD/depression, I sometimes feel my other coworkers don't understand the need to take 1 hour or more to work one thing without distractions.  I walked away to sort mail and came back to 12 slack messages, only one of which was semi-important. The other thing I have to recognize is that I used to work late at night, a lot of folk got used to that. But now that I'm going to bed earlier that time is less.  These days I usually work on sundays a few hours for silence.  

In better news, I received my first award citation in Coast Guard Auxilary! It took me by complete surprise and was much-needed validation after that conference.  Most of the CGAux is retired upper middle class folks with lots of free time, sometimes I percieve they think I'm not active enough.   It's the "Meritorious team commendation" for the food service team.  Signed by the CO of a local Air Station whose holiday party and other events we organized and cooked.  I remember that holiday party...I chopped 64 onions for that party

...Now I really need to get into a tropical blue uniform I'm comfortable with.  

• Like 2

Lets finish this week strong! And nice job on the commendation, it feels good to have your work recognized.

And I feel you on the needing to get away to get work done. If I know I need to be head down working I will work from home or a coffee shop where no one can come in with a "quick question"

• Like 1

Congrats on the award!

Both my husband and I are the same way (I'm also a depressive/anxious person, he's neither). We need to have uninterrupted time to get things done! I think it's fantastic though that you are prioritizing sleep instead of work. 

Also, I have yet to make mornings and exercise work. Totally so not a morning person.

• Like 1

Day22 Wednesday

Fluids after Meals:  yes 15/22
No electronics/Bed:  no electronics after 12. Bed by 1
Exercise: gym 45 minutes strength (65
/300)

Day23 thursday

Fluids after Meals:  yes 16/23
No electronics/Bed:  no electronics after 12. Bed by 1
Exercise: gym 15 minutes body weight (80
/300)

Day24 Friday

Fluids after Meals:  no 16/24
No electronics/Bed:  no 
Exercise: none (80
/300)

Day25 Saturday

Fluids after Meals:  yes17/25
Water Intake: +48/48 oz Goal exceeded. Probably doubled
No electronics/Bed:   still hope for bed by 1
Exercise: dance practice then line dancing probably 2.5 hours of actual movement  (250
/300)

Last day of the Challenge.

Fluids yes 18/

Water Intake: already at 40 oz and it's not even 9pm
No electronics/Bed: we'll see

Okay, I promise do math for a living but I lost track of my days here. lol. 

Assesment

Fluids after meals
 I was about 65% successful with this. Honestly I did notice a huge difference. I got full much faster and ate much less. My WLS was successful 17 years ago so I already can't eat a ton even when I drink liquids. It was kinda weird. Also, the kinds of foods I ate changed.  Couldn't eat much salty or spicy, which was probably good for my blood pressure. It made me more thoughtful about my eating times too.

Water intake
Y'all, at the end of this challenge I started to like plain water! I never thought that would happen to me.  I got to the point where I craved water! Also made me more conscious of my eating times. I thought "well are you going to want/need to drink water in the next hour or so? Yea? Better drink up first. 

No electronics/bedtime
I didn't do exactly what I planned but I did accomplish my goal. To start falling asleep more naturally, getting better sleep, and slow down my brain a night. It was weird to just naturally fall asleep by 1am.

Exercise
I'm averaging about 180-200 minutes a week of exercise. Which isn't bad but I think I could still do better.

Starting Weight 287.4 

Ending Weight 281.9

Blood pressure March 1st 141/95

BP April 5th 135/93

• Like 1

Fantastic job this challenge. The fluids after meals one sounds like it was a success in that it allowed you to assess how your body reacts to it.Can't wait to see what you do next challenge!